1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Tottenham Hotspur "Spiral" Watch

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Ginger Marks, Sep 13, 2016.

1. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

You are on.

2. The Ginger Marks

So here we are! Another season full of disappointment and regret from our north London brothers. Early December Harry was coming for City but ended up 27 points behind luckily finishing one point above Arsenal in 4th. There was even an unexpected chance of a trophy this time around but given their lack of experience and ambition that too fizzled out tamely in Madrid in the worst Champions League Final for ages.

Rounding up briefly, No money spent due to having a toilet pan around their necks caught them out big time plus a manager with no motivational skills.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Tbh spurs put in a good shift this year but as always, like the sun rising in the East or a chinaman gambling, Saint Botts day came to pass last night

4. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

please log in to view this image

PINKIE likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good thread mate.

#calledit

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has told Real Madrid that Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, is not for sale this summer. (Mirror)

So that's the opening gambit of Levy selling him to Real then <laugh>

Treble and The Ginger Marks like this.
  7. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Arsenal don't have any players good enough to interest Real Madrid. I suspect we will sell him if we can get £75m which would be excellent business for someone with a year left on his contract. Remind me what you got for Ramsey.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  8. The Ginger Marks

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Massive deflection. But yes you’d get good money from Real for Eriksen. Replacing him like for like would probably cost you at least £75m so you’d need to be getting that sort of money for him. Probably only Real who’d pay that sort of money for a player in the last year of their contract too.

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah looks like Lo Celso is the one we want to replace him who'd probably cost similar.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Noises from his camp are that he wants to come too. Don’t know much about him to be honest. Is he as good as Eriksen ?

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

You know as much as I do mate. Don't watch La Liga. Naturally watched some YouTube clips and he looks great but then you could make Phil Jones look like prime Diego Godin with YouTube. From what I can tell, he seems more direct than Eriksen and looks to finish off the moves more so than be the creator of them, so he'd be like a sort of new van der Vaart for us, whereas Eriksen was more in the Modric mould but played further forward.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Isn’t that the role for Son and Moura though ? If you lose Eriksen then you’ll definitely need a deep lying playmaker, rather than another AM/Forward

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Son and Lucas are more wing forwards who can play centrally if need be. Lo Celso would be taking Eriksen's position but I'd presume looking to be much more attack-minded rather than looking to be the side's sole creator.

If rumours are to be believed - which I do if I'm honest - we're set to spend pretty big this window and Lo Celso won't be the only big signing we'll make. It looks like we're pushing hard for Ndombele of Lyon, who seems like a prime Mousa Dembele but with an end product, which would hopefully provide us with that creativity from deep, personally I'd love Tielemans too but that might pushing the boat expecting Lo Celso, Ndombele and Tielemans.

15. BobbyD

BobbyD President

If thats what he is then he will be wasted i reckon. You need passers and creativity (although if he can drive on the ball that would be good -saying that moura and son can do this). It sounds like hes a pretty similar player to alli who is your van de vaart in my opinion

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think you have to spend big this summer as Poch will **** off elsewhere otherwise.

Said it before and it was taken as a wum, but I truly believe that this current team have peaked. You’re due to lose at least a couple of players this summer and I think others like Kane and Alli May not be able to replicate the brilliant form from a couple of seasons ago.

The end result, this team needs a refresh.

Dier Hard and The Ginger Marks like this.
  17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Poch needs to be brave as well, he vetoed a number of moves this year and yet Levy got the blame for not spending.

I agree though, we need a refresh. If you ask a lot of Spurs fans at the moment, Alli is skating on thin ice anyway, his form has massively dropped this season and he wasn’t too great last season.
    Kane just needs to be managed better, Poch criminally overuses him and it’s no wonder he picks up these injuries. Despite his injury he still finished our top scorer and only five behind the three golden boot winners having played about ten games less.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

He’s creative as well by the sounds of it but just seemingly prefers a goal, whereas Eriksen was more about the assists. So if we can add someone like Ndombele and/ or Tielemans to the side, the creativity levels increase.

Won’t be easy as I think Utd also want Ndombele whilst a lot of clubs want Tielemans but as I’ve said on our board, we’ve gotta start acting a big club now and confirming to these players we’re the club to be at.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

True, he’s no Aubameyang ;)

20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah he should do well in China.