1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Drogs, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Was only joking mate ;) I know nothing about twitter, was just a stab in the dark as to where he got the rumour.

2. Ryan_wfc

Ryan_wfc Member

3. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

4. Yurilly

Yurilly Well-Known Member

Good news. Congratulations for your capture. Nathaniel Chalobah is a very promising young talent and I hope that he can make it at the top level.

I hope you guys manage to make it back up with Chalobah hopefully playing a pivotal role in your return to the Premier League.

5. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

So that's that then! We got nobody on deadline day in the end, which was semi expected if I'm honest. Essien out to Madrid which I'm not sure about but rather them than Arsenal <ok> Kakuta, Chaloba and Benyoun also go out on loan.

Worst news is ****ing Malouda is still a Chelsea player <grr>

6. JCC87

JCC87 Member

French window isnt shut yet, probably a few more arent either, Romeu was set to go to Malaga but Essiens move stopped that

Could we not have taken in another midfielder, after tonight's display I am not happy about the state of our defensive midfield

Too slow, indisciplined and no positional sense, Mikel and Lampard both playing in the last third, losing the ball and then not even bothering to track back

I only expected Sturridge to go out if we got another striker, and I expected Benayoun to go and maybe one of Essien and Meireles and one of them did go

7. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I agree, I'd try out Romeu instead of one of the current two and I'm still not entirely convinced with Ramires on the right - he's a CM, play to his bloody strengths!!

8. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i notice joey barton was seen at the gate, is he coming on loan? er floreat salopia!

9. Yurilly

10. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

11. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

This surprises me, I thought Meireles was hated by you lot?

12. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I think it was mixed tbh, he played reasonably **** at times in the PL last season but looked very good under RDM and was class in the Champions League. We've only got Mikel, Lamps and Romeu if he goes. Looks as if Ramires will be on the right so it'd be a mistake to sell imo.

13. Yurilly

Meireles was far from being our stand out performer last season, but he has his good days (especially in the Champions League) and would have been a good squad player, especially with all the fixtures that we have to play this season which are going to come thick and fast. It seems strange that we would sell him after loaning out Essien. Surely giving away one of either Essien or Meirleles along with Malouda would have been a better option?

14. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Miereles Mikel looked to be our best holding partnership why are we selling him!!<yikes>

15. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

It seems strange but even small transfers like this matter under FFP. We may have spent 70m+ but that is spread over 5 years under FFP so about 14m per year. The fee for Miereles all gets counted back in one hit so the 14 this year drops to 8. Add in the loan fees we are receiving, Courtois I know is 2.4M and FFP is much easier to meet.

Agree though that we looked better with him than Frank but maybe now we'll play ramires back in there were he should be anyway. Still have Romeu too.

16. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Chalobah to stay at Watford for the season?

I think he's ready to make the next step up as a Chelsea squad player, and I say that as someone who felt Cleverley was about six months short of being ready to play for United. But he may as well stay under the tutelage of the future Chelsea manager for another half season, starting the majority of games, rather than making half a dozen sub appearances between now and May.

It's a decision that should probably be made quickly, because playing for an on-form team against a hit-miss Manchester City would be a big part of his development if does stay here for the season.

17. JCC87

JCC87 Member

I hope he does stay at Watford for the rest of the season, has been in very good form I have heard. Would be great if a partnership between the two clubs is built up, perhaps Chalobah will come back in the summer and we could send a different promising star down to Vicarage Road next year, perhaps someone like Nathan Ake

18. CFCDEAN

CFCDEAN Member

Need a top class Goal Kepper, Cech gets injured for any length of time and we are cattle trucked !!!!!!

19. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Stoke fan here fella's re a goalie errm

Just wondering that seen MOTD,some pundits are saying Ashmir Begovic might be going to Chelsea??? I HOPE not he's very reliable and even the 3 goals vs the Saints i don't blame him for tbh. Is there any "talk of this actually happening" at Chelsea?

P.S. apoligies if it's already been mentioned, I have not read the whole of this thread. Happy New Year to all Chelsea fans too!

20. Purley

Purley Well-Known Member

Just rumours.

We have Courtois as a ready made replacement for Cech.