1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the wait goes on........

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Edit that, Sky are reported to be saying not. If registration isn't accepted Silva remains a Sporting player.

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

If this is true and the transfer is cancelled as oppose to complete but unregistered until January, the transfer will have sailed imo and we'd need to look elsewhere. After two failed attempts to sign him on deadline days I can't see him wanting to touch the club with a barge pole if I'm honest.

3. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

If he is our player but can't play for us till January, would we be allowed t send him out on loan?

4. JohnTheFox

To a lower league side yes but then couldn't play him until next season as he'd have had two clubs would be my understanding. Can't play for 3 clubs in a season unless you give FIFA a payout

5. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

So, reading between the lines, I have come to the conclusion that it has all been a COMPLETE F***ING BALLSUP!!!!!!!!

6. JohnTheFox

I'm not so sure I'd call it between the lines as much as on the line in block capitals, underlined a bit more in font size 80 odd with arrows pointing at it! But yeah a **** up of great proportions

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

For me, if the error is ours the club should stand by the lad and assimilate him into the group in training ... certainly not his fault <ok> ... learn a lesson from this and move on <cheers>

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Reading the article on BBC, Sporting seem to be quite keen to emphasise that he is our player. Makes it seem like they are keen to be rid of him. Have we overpaid and they are concerned we might come back with a lower offer in January or no offer at all? I'm not convinced that he was a real target for us until DD said he definitely wanted away. It looks more of a last minute (or perhaps last 46 seconds) desperation move.

9. JohnTheFox

From Sportings point of view I believe it's more to do with balancing their books and financial as oppose to now wanting the player or even thinking they've ripped us off. They didn't want to lose him last year but nowhere near the kind of money floating around the Portuguese league

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

It is being reported in Portugal that the transfer is official - if FIFA act to type, Silva will have 3 months enjoying the delights of Leicester:

Looking for the football in the cathedral stained glass window, watching people getting shocked at how expensive Five Guys in and yelling loudly that they are going to McDonalds instead, seeing people standing gormlessly around the clock tower only to realise that the person that they were waiting for was standing equally as gormlessly on the other side and the rest.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017

11. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Sporting have just annouced the they have sold Adrien Silva to us

IMG_3179.PNG

So the question is have FIFA let us register him and the news will break in the morning

Or is this Sporting's way of saying he isnt there problem

12. Foxy in Foyle

I suspect the latter. Latest reports say we're considering our options of appeal.
    We can only hope that the technically of paperwork submitted and received time has merit.

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

This, if we haveto take it to court to prove that paperwork was submitted on time, then im sure we probably will. If this doesn't happen, then the blame hasto land squarely on our side, as we'd either not be able to prove it, or we genuinely missed the deadline.

The tweet shows progress from what Sky were reporting, so maybe we have paid on the basis that an appeal will be strong, or we just want this deal done regardless of when he starts playing for us.

Would be good to have him training with the squad anyway, can brush up on his english for his first interview in January <laugh>.

14. Foxy in Foyle

FoxesTalk have already started a thread of ways to keep him occupied until January.
    The meltdown on there over this is epic, even by FoxesTalk standards. 110 pages and counting <laugh>

15. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Legally, do FIFA even have the authority to stop someone from working?

FIFA is just an organisation - Surely the law overrides their decision? How can FIFA legally stop someone from doing their job?

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Technically they aren't - are only stopping him from playing in their competitions due to noncompliance of their rules and regulations due to actions of the club.

Silva is our player and we have to pay him - that he can't play in any competitions is besides the point.

17. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Sadly, the post above is correct. They aren't stopping him from working, only representing us in competitions.

18. JohnTheFox

I guess if he's getting paid it'd be acceptable by EU laws and freedom of movement etc as others have suggested. He may have a personal case against them for stress or the effect on his international career other something

19. Foxy in Foyle

Presumably it's similar to a Solicitor being qualified, getting a job but can't practice law because they're not registered with the Law Society.

Are either of the Cups goverened by FIFA regulations?

20. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Only people who can tell FIFA what to do is the The Court of Arbitration for Sport

If we go through them which is rumoured to be one of the options we are considering we may get him registered

Jack Lesterfan likes this.