1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Way Spain Play

Discussion in 'International Football General Chat' started by smhbcfc, Jun 23, 2012.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

i know this sounds odd, but does anyone find watching Spain (and Barca for that matter) a bit tedious sometimes?
    Pass - Pass - Pass - Pass - Pass ........... Pass - Pass - Pass - Pass - Bloody Pass!!!!!
    Very one dimensional (again as it showed as a weakness for Barca in the Chelski game)
    I know we all want to see good football, but would be nice if they mixed it up a bit (harsh I know!)

2. wasper

wasper Active Member

Watching Barca is not boring since they score tons of goals. But Spain is annoying, I am shouting for Portugal, they play attractive football. Never thought I would be saying that Renaldho the p***k is playing well.

3. smhbcfc

Play devils advocate, but do Barca score lots of goals because they and Real Madrid are so much better than the rest of the Spanish league?

4. Hogey89

Hogey89 Member

no, they score lots of goals in the champions league too

5. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

For me, Barca and Spain personify the beautiful game ... and when the back of the net is struck ... ecstasy! I do, however, enjoy and am fascinated by the challenges set by teams employing differing tactics in their attempts (at times successful) to defeat them.

6. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

I agree- they are excellent at what they do, an dnobody could ever dream to emulate the level of technical ability on show when they play as a team. but god it gets boring watching them keep the ball for 8 minutes without actually doing anything.... it works bloody well for them so fair play but speaking as a neutral id watch a germany game over spain every day of the week

7. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Against certain teams you're able to attack more and take more risks, but against teams such as France, maybe you have to wait that pass or two longer before making the decision to go for the penalty area. France could punish you.

8. smhbcfc

I think their style of play starts when they dont have the ball - they press the opposition high up the pitch.
    Of course how they play is how we want to see football played.
    However, sometimes the build up is too slow - it lets the opposition get 10 men behind the ball (park the bus if you like) - this happened several times last night.
    To be a truly great side I would like to see them strike with pace more often (perhaps Barca can do that as they have Messi?)

9. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

I agree, it is annoying and boring to watch. I find Spain a pretty boring team to watch no joke.

10. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

Give over! I'm still preferring Portugal's five man midfield though. :x

11. Furiousiceman

Furiousiceman Active Member

It is very dull to watch. Tactical bores will tell you how intriguing they are and point to they're technical brilliance but its as exciting as watching paint dry. Fair play, they are the best international team in the world. They wear down opponents and its up to other teams to combat it but it doesen't make it any more exciting.

12. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Playing without a striker? F**k that. I hope the arrogant sods get ripped apart by Ronaldo.

13. Chica Italiana y Espanola

Oh Archers are you always complaining?? What do you have to say about the Spanish now? Spain is going to win the Euro ole while England will never achieve anything like that.

14. Furiousiceman

Furiousiceman Active Member

Is playing without a striker really arrogant? It seems to personify a desperate need to control the game, not something that defines arrogance.

15. pat the rat

pat the rat New Member

that's what the game is all about , passing , it's a pity England can't do it ..

16. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

No, there's passing and there's "passing". Spain are BORING to watch, I want Portugal to beat these arrogant ****es.

17. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Yay, the Spanish bores are in the final.

18. Chica Italiana y Espanola

The way Spain play is AMAZING :) Well done Spain!!!!

19. Chica Italiana y Espanola

English are arrogant...inbecille del cazzo. You are the most boring person in the world

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

If I hear one more commentator use the phrase "football as chess" I'm going to scream. There is no element of chance in chess, and if you try to take the chance out of football, and forget how to gamble, you create something sterile.

Spain are now so scared of making a mistake that they can't create anything anymore. Lots of pretty movement and possession, but no end product; this is not what Pele meant when he talked of "the beautiful game." And wtf is Del Bosque doing not putting Torres on? because he missed a couple of chances against Italy? But he totally changed the game, and he would have done the same last night.

In fact I'm so bored of Spain, I'd rather watch England. Actually no, that last bit's not true.