1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Wombles are in town and will clean up!!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Apr 24, 2021.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Swindon up next. Surely we can score against them?

2. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Cook said that 1st half was the worst performance of any team in his entire managerial career. Called the team Sunday league. Now I do prefer being honest to what Lambert did but there has to be a limit. Thank goodness only 3 games left but why play any loanees? Play players that have a chance of being here next season. Dobra should be given a start in all 3 games as well as Nydam (if fit). No point playing McGuiness - good player but won’t be here next year. Will we score a goal before the end of the season?

3. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

No idea if we will score again. I just hope PC knows what he is doing long term. Perhaps the job offer came in and he saw the £ signs and rushed in !!

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

After these comments I hope for our sake he is allowed to sign a dozen players because if he has to work with these players next season we are getting relegated. This squad is dead and buried.

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  5. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I genuinely believe we have an exciting time ahead. These yanks are 40m in and everyone needs/wants this to succeed so clearly there has to be investment in every area of the club, not just playing staff.

is PC the man to entrust with this ‘project’ as the young trendy managers call it...I think he probably is for then purposes of getting out of L1 but he’s basically got the same record as PLambert at this only he’ll be the first one to have some proper money since RK...

For me, I want is to find our own Bielsa once we’re in the championship because that’s where the really hard work starts and o don’t see PC as the man to deliver that part of the project. Certainly not on his man management and team selections to date. Why play loanees? That’s just weird...

Redruth and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

My main gripe with PC has been his insistence on continuing to use loanees.Just give our own players enough rope to prove they are either worth keeping or get rid,there’s obviously no way the likes of Bennetts and McGuinness will be here next Season.

7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Perhaps he's doing it to protect our own players from being associated with that rubbish, which has all too often happened over the past few seasons, young players coming into a losing team and not developing as they should because of it.

PC was my no.1 choice as manager and probably has been the past 2 times, however he really has made many more mistakes than Lambert so far and has probably had a worse start that any manager I have know. I wasn't Lamberte biggest fan but felt he got alot of unfair criticism based on what he took over and the support he was given.

I'm prepared to give Cook time to turn this around, hopefully he will be backed but it won't be an instant fix, the job he has on his hands despite now having resources will he a tough one. There will be lots of changed behind the scenes over the summer and a big turnover of players, all this combined I believe will make it very difficult to be pulled altogether for next season. People are saying they'd give Cook up to next Xmas but again I feel we should give him a little more patience than that

Redruth and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  8. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Buckyohare likes this.
  9. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

yeah, well, that's sadly all wer'e worth as a club-the price of a decent Championship centre forward. but hey ho, the yanks really won't want this to fail as they won't get their money back without improving us to some extent. so before we have the PL super money that inflates these prices anyway, maybe we can do what can also work well which is buy the best talent coming through the lower leagues (the Matt Hollands, Mings, Cresswelll;s etc), hang onto them (i.e. pay their wages), have the next one lined up for the ones that inevitably leave for bigger clubs and work our way up with sustained and smart investment.

first up comes The Great Purge...Alan Judge and his equally ineffective Jon Nolan, Chambers Skuse, Huws all need to be off asap in my book...

10. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Like most on here I want PC to succeed. But he sure shovels the **** out! Like others have said, he will have the funds to buy us out of L1. But he doesnt have the personality, man management, skill set, style, to oversee a Premiership Ipswich Town.

Quite the worst start to any manager's tenancy I have seen in 60 years. While I am sure this reflects the desperately low state the Club has fallen to, we have a helluva mountain to climb before we are cheering on the blues against Man city at PR!

No loanees, 3 wins on the trot and a goal please to send us off happy.

Buckyohare and Redruth like this.