1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

There is no case for keeping Unai Emery anymore

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Jun 6, 2019.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

There's two levels to jump though. Top tier is challenging City and Pool. Tier 2 is top 4 regularly. Tier 3 is us right now, one of the best of the rest. I'd take a tier 2 dude if the alternative is sticking with Emery who's keeping us tier 3.

gooner4ever likes this.
  2. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

One of the negative things about possibly hiring mourinho is he has a short period at all clubs and could prevent us from getting someone else that would help us more long term.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Who?

4. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Rodgers has 13 wins from his first 22 premier league games with Leicester. 59% win rate.

Emery had 12 from his first 22 prem games nas that included his honeymoon period. So his was 54.5%.

Emery also had 12 wins from his next 22 prem games.

Consistent.

Consistently not good enough.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Some reports from Sky Italy that Josh Kronke has already started the selection process for the next Arsenal manager. That seems a little bit far fetched, but it would be negligent if he's not already sounding potential replacements out already.

Lots of talk about us going back for Arteta, and whilst it remains to be seen how he'd do as a manager in his own right. He's been there and done it with City, and under the tutelage of one the best in Pep Guardiola. I could see him and Ljungberg forming a good partnership.

6. white_gunner

honestly think allegri would be the best candidate.

7. white_gunner

this is the most likely route we will take on our next manager IMO. It will most likely be someone relatively untested in the mould of lampard at Chelsea.

8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Allegri will go to Bayern Munich as they have just sacked there manager.

Would we “gamble” on Arteta or Ljungberg as both untested as managers, or would we go for Jose who has the winning mentality.

I think we would go for Jose and take a chance in his season 3 syndrome

9. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I wonder if we go back after Luis Enrique.
    He may want to return to management and was approached by the Arsenal board previously.

Other options: Allegri, Simeone, Erik Ten Hag, Nagelsmann.

The more I think about it the less I want Mourinho. He's a great manager but a total dick and I don't want him at Arsenal.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Maureen is a **** of the highest order, I don't want him anywhere near Arsenal.

I'd love to see Allegri or Simone, but I think Arsenal will probably want to go for somebody with Premier League experience, and I can see them bringing Arteta in. Another option I'd be open to is Nuno Santos at Wolves.

TheBear likes this.

11. TheBear

Multiple outlets saying Emery has to win his next three games to avoid getting the chop.

Salhelli wants Luis Enrique.

Personally like that idea. Enrique/Sahlelli were great together at Barca. (ok they had an amazing team) 2 x League Title, 3 x Copa De Rays and 1 x Champions League in a three year stint. He also got the best out of Messi.

He plays very attacking possession based football.

12. white_gunner

does Luis Enrique speak english?

I think one of the problems Emery has that maybe isnt highlighted enough is his problem with communication.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Enrique/Sanllehi combo would be great. <ok>

14. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I agree with this, I think Emery has struggled to communicate properly with the players.

I think he has plenty of other faults as well but I would be cautious about another manager who doesn’t talk English.

15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Arteta, Enrique, Mourinho - none of these would be at the top of my list of new managers. But I can’t see how any would do worse than we are currently. We need an injection of something, whether that’s mentality, passion, tactics etc... but we need to change what we are doing currently.

And Cini is right that while we might want to take the step up to the top level with Liverpool and city, I’d take a Manager who is top four level to start with!

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Thoughts on Nuno Espirito Santo?

17. white_gunner

would love Nuno. Of course because then wed probably also go for Ruben Neves in January <laugh>

But I dont see us grabbing a manager from another team. It would either be someone who is available (allegri, mourinho) or someone who is in a more background role at another club (arteta)

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Possibly, but any offer from Arsenal would have to be taken seriously. Nuno has done well at Wolves, but they have been a bit indifferent this season.

They won at the Etihad, but got battered at home by Chelsea. Nuno might want to see the season out as they are in Europe too. But he could be a good shout next summer.

19. TheBear

Yes sure but I don't think its because he doesn't speak English. It's because the things he says in English make absolutely no sense. He talks like a crazy Person.

But I remember reading an article a while ago where Enrique said he was learning English from Gareth Southgate.:huh:

20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Or he could be another Brian Kidd or Steve McClaren...both fantastic with SAF but crud as managers...really hsrd to judge.

Think that you will give him till Xmas.
    Think thst OGS and Pochettino will get the rest of the season as top 4 has gone for both of us regardless.