1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

There is no case for keeping Unai Emery anymore

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Jun 6, 2019.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Difficult to know who would make a good manager at the moment. Id like to see somebody like allegri or Simone come in, they are both proven managers, but even that’s not a guarantee in the premier league. Emery has won the Europa league a few times, but is floundering to a degree with the pressures of the prem.

I think Arsenal will probably give emery until the end of the season, unless we go on a really bad run and drop down to mid table, like you lot :) At the moment, despite being **** we are still 5th and have got a chance of top 4. So I think Arsenal will give Emery the chance to try and turn things around. If he fails to get top 4 though, he’s toast.

2. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's escaped anyone's notice, but we've currently got two very disgruntled strikers refusing to sign new deals. Reason? They're unsure of whether we will get into the CL which is where THEY want to play. Emery needs to go. NOW.

afcftw likes this.
  3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

To be fair if we lost one of them it wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd get good money for either and neither are spring chickens. And we can't ever play both in the same team in their best positions anyway so it's always seemed odd we have both cluttering up our squad when we have such deficiencies elsewhere. I'd sell Auba. Would fetch more money and is older. If Real seriously offer £70m for him as some reports are suggesting then go for it and just buy someone like Koulibaly to partner Holding.

But our personnel right now are not the most important factor in how well we're doing. What we need is someone who can get us playing more cohesive football. Chelsea are relying on Tammy bloody Abraham and Olivier Giroud up front who are both 100x ****ter than Laca and Auba and yet Chelsea are doing fine and absolutely destroying us in the goalscoring charts. Leicester and Chelsea are perfect examples of showing how drastically different near enough the same group of players can play with someone different who is in charge of them.

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

just to be pedantic Chelsea are relying on Abraham & Batshit with Giroud as their third choice .
    Edit in fact to be even more pedantic Chelsea have Pulisic , Abraham , Batshit , Mount ,Tomori & Zouma playing in first team none of which were available last season .

5. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

But only one of those was not available because he wasn't yet a Chelsea player. The rest were Chelsea players deemed surplus and shipped out on loan. Someone new comes in, has different ideas on who should play and why, and suddenly they playing a lot better football, scoring more, conceding less and most significantly to me, doing a **** load better than Arsenal.

6. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Nketiah and martinelli will hopefully be ready by the time Auba and Laca decide to move on. And yes, I firmly believe they will not sign contract extensions and move on.

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Next summer Auba will be 31 and he will only have 12 months left on his contract. Sell him to PSG or Real while he has any value left at all. As good as he is and as much of a good guy and good character he seems to be, at his age he's not the future of this club.

Laca will have two years left, is two years younger so keep. Again, not the future but more of player to keep than Auba. But he must be urges to sign a new contract or maybe ship him out too and replace them both with one younger striker.

8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Auba does'nt look to be slowing down yet. You cant really judge physical deterioration by age anyway.
    He's our best player (FAR better than Laca) I would keep for sure.

In 2-3 years Martinelli will be the one to lead our frontline - kid is class.

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

But there's no chance he's signing a new contract with our current situation unless Emery goes now and we have a drastic upturn in fortunes. If Emery lingers like a bad smell, we finish 5th and then gets sacked in the summer that will be too late as Auba won't know who we're getting in and be able to experience whether they're any better to know whether to stay. So basically unless we get someone new in to show Auba we're better we have to sell him next Summer. Either that or kidnap him and force him to sign a new contract.

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I really dont think Emery will be here much longer.

I think as soon as Enrique/Allegri is available they will replace him. In fact I would'nt be suprised if we see him leave before January.

gooner4ever likes this.

11. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Having seen the December fixture list we could be in big trouble -
    West Ham away
    City home
    Everton away
    Bournemouth away
    Chelsea home
    united home

which we might get a win at a West Ham and draws at Everton/Bournemouth, but could lose all the others.

Emery could be gone after United game as in January it’s the reverse of these fixtures so playing City, Chelsea, United twice in next 2 months !!!

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

We've already played United so how can we play them twice?

13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Wenger to hold talks with Bayern about the manager job there.

It’ll be even harder to deal with Emery’s **** if Wenger is winning trophies and managing in the CL!!

14. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Do you really think either Barca or Real would pay a shed load of money for Auba? More likely he leaves for Inter or AC once the contract has expired. Like the look of your two younger guys.

15. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Marcello Lippi is up for grabs.....maybe

16. white_gunner

Well Luis Enrique to Arsenal is now officially dead since he has gone back to be spain manager.

Happy about that. I dont think he would have done well at Arsenal. his former Barca side is not comparable to the current squad we have, and I think he would have problems with English like Emery.

17. white_gunner

wow....spurs have just sacked Pochettino

gooner4ever and PINKIE like this.
  18. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Typical. They got wind that we were maybe lining up Pulis to takeover from Emery and are trying to derail us.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  19. white_gunner

anyone else feel a little angry as a reaction to the spurs news?

Im not sure how to explain it but the fact we have held on to Emery and they have sacked probably the best manager theyve had in recent times just like that...

I wish we were more cut throat. I just feel somewhat embarrassed by this situation.

20. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Sacking Poch and replacing him with Mourinho seems like two huge steps backward though...

winifred122 likes this.