1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thermometers just been placed in our office

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Frank The Tank, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Active Member

High drama at Grove House this afternoon as the guy who's pretty much a janitor in this place just put a thermometer on the wall opposite my desk and the one at the back of the office.

I can now officially be told its baltic in here, even though people wearing coats, scarves and gloves says it all.

Go next door to accounts however and you'll be sweating like Zheng Zhi at Kinsley Race Track. Its roasting through there, probably cos of all the hot air from the amount of ****e they ****s talk. I wonder if they got a thermometer.

2. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Is there not some law about that temperature stuff? Sure I remember some moaning **** going to HR when I worked at BT and saying the office was too cold and they were breaking health and safety laws. Felt like telling the fat bitch to wear a jumper and shut the **** up.

3. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

If its colder than 16 degrees c you can not work by law as its too cold. There is no law on how hot a place can be though.

We too have a huge thermometor clock thingy due to moanng about nthe temperature

4. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Active Member

Its not a law, just a guideline although it can be reported to the HSE. Min temperature for an office is 16 celcius, for a building where physical work is taking place its 13 celcius.

Would take a total cock to watch a thermometer and then go nuts when it hits 15 celcius. There isnt a max temperature but in extremely warm conditions companies are expected to help out in some way, usually by handing out ice lollies.