1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

They think it's all over......

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Jun 9, 2020.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

What I'd now like to see is when the 2020/21 season will begin ..... the fixture list would normally be out during next week.**
    I'm not sure if it intended that 'early' games be played without fans ---- but -- could we not delay the start until ( say ) October -- when / if / hopefully infection rates make it safe for fans.....gives us some information - please !

** I do realise that with play-offs yet to be decided, we won't know any time soon.

brb likes this.
  3. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely pleased that a definite decision has been made, and I think the club will be too as it removes any remaining uncertainty about the remainder of the season, and will mean that clubs can start focusing on next season on a reasonable timescale.

Although as AR says, who knows when next season will start, and whether anyone will be allowed to watch. Personally I think there will be a lot of pressure from the clubs to allow spectators in view of the importance of gate money to the financial survival of the clubs.

I also hope away fans will be allowed as Crewe is back on the agenda - a favourite because I can get there totally on public transport and therefore indulge in a shandy or two, and Plymouth is do-able as my brother lives down that way. Shame Bradford didn't make it though.

brb likes this.