1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This looks iffy

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

NEWSNOW mention the VITAL PLYMOUTH ARGYLE website today (3rd).............
    That there are concerns regarding the Administration process. The preferred bidder they think is late with their second "milestone" payment to the adminisrator.

The question is why were they allowed to pay milestone payments in the first place ?.

They would pay in increments of £150.000 a time,why.

Brent and Buttivant were expected to pay in one payment !!...........end of comment.

Add to this the discovery that the preferred bidder were not football orientated as first stated, but bricks,mortar, scaffolding and hard hat men,surprise,surprise. They couldn't off-load the football club quick enough !!.

The article suggests that Buttivant may be querying the legality of the process on how the preferred bidder has been allowed to be the sole bidder in instalments whilst others had to pay up front.........

Time is passing by and the process is taking to long.........moving so slowly that we could be still in admimistration when the season starts.....and that could mean another 10 pts deduction,but we're used to being handicapped aren't we !!!

2. mouldyoldgoat

I thought it would be more than a 10 points deduction if we are still in administration come the new season. Isn't it classed by the league and fa as a second offence?

3. mouldyoldgoat

The twonk has been banned again. What a sad little man!

4. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

It does look suspect and I know we will have some concerns but IMO I think this was the plan as soon as we were put into administration: Ridsdale to take over at the club (although I did not predict that he would become the owner) and the preferred bidders would get the land around (I have a feeling this consortium was the one Ridsdale was originally working with).
    I agree with you that Buttivant, particularly, may feel ripped off but to be fair he was pushed away by the Watford fans when he tried to take over there so there is something not right about him. Brent was not really an active bidder, he stated that he would only get involved if no one else was interested.

What is worrying me is that after all the hassle and secrecy of the last board and their development plans, there is still something fishy with this and it isn't STD.

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hope this is worth all the suffering in the end!<yikes>

6. lyndhurstdaz

lyndhurstdaz New Member

First hello all, so this is where you all went

I think its just hold on to your seats and see where it takes us time..I am now of the opinion that what will be will be, there really is very little we can do other than go next season and support. It does all seem a bit strange but is it just because it is all being played out in the public eye (sort of) because we are in administration as opposed to a takeover that no one hears about until its completed.

I have given up trying to figure out the business side and can't wait for the day to discuss tactics, team selection and where we can get a 20 goals a season centre forward from again

7. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

This story has more twists and turns than Brands Hatch and I'm sure there will be more to come before it is all sorted. I think the best thing is to let it all go over our heads after all what can we mere mortals do about it? We have to carry on as if everything is normal (when was it last that?) but the possible points dediction is very worrying I have to admit. I'd much rather be talking about players, tactics and the forthcoming season than the same old admin situ.

Welcome Lyndhurstdaz. :emoticon-0148-yes:

8. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

I decided a few weeks ago to just stop trying to work out what was going on and ignore all the rumours and crap flying around. Not much we can do about it in the end. Points deduction, embargos and whatever are beyond our control all we can do is get behind whatever squad we have at the start of the season and wait for the rollercoaster ride to begin. Just wish it would be sorted so the club can start pulling a team together for next season the longer it takes the less time PR or whoever will have to try and pull something together.

Hiya Daz welcome

9. mouldyoldgoat

Welcome Lyndhurstdaz!

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That has been my stance from the start. If we could influence anything then we probably would have by now so it is a case of being stuck with whatever hand we are dealt. As long as Argyle are saved then that in itself will be a result given where we were. For a long period a lot of people thought we were finished so whatever happens, apart from folding it has to be a better place than that. Our job is to tell them who to buy, how to play the game, who should play where and what we think of the match officials after the game. I am going to leave the rest to others.

11. Steely Is Back

Steely Is Back New Member

Welcome Lyndhurstdaz.

And more to the point......I'm back.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

VITAL FOOTBALL report that........Paul Buttivant having had fans telling him that the preferred bidder is having problems,reminds us that his consortium is still very interested in purchasing PAFC and have their finances in place to take over if the preferred bidder withdraws.

13. mouldyoldgoat

What hacks me about Buttivant is the other bidders has offered £0.77 for every £ owed. He has offered something like £0.03 for every £ owed. Its bad enough people are losing so much money, but he just seems to me to be taking the piss! There again I am not a hard nosed bastard businessman! I would like to think, I would do as much for the crediters as I could, if I was in a position to be able to buy the club.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The offer was 0.77 of a penny in the pound....or£0.00077 for every pound owed.....or slightly more than three quarters of a penny in the pound !!!

15. mouldyoldgoat

See Plymborn, thats why I will never be in a position to be able to buy the club! :cheesy: