1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This seasons predictions

Discussion in 'Oxford Utd' started by brownyoufc, Jul 5, 2012.

1. brownyoufc

brownyoufc Member

I think this season will be very tough and a lot harder than last year, Bristol Rovers, Northampton, Rotherham, fleetwood, Southend and The mighty Yellows will be right up there!

Cheltenham, Wycombe, chesterfield will be good teams again!

Don't hink anyone will run away with it like last year, I think it will be very close and I can not wait for the season to start!

Coyy

2. DidcotOUFC

DidcotOUFC Member

As we get closer to the start of the season the bookmakers issue their odds and it is their prediction of how they think the league table will end up. I remember last season Plymouth and Bristol Rovers were highly fancied yet Cheltenham and Crewe were not.
    I'm sure the Bookmakers have a criteria to work to when compiling the odds and in our first season back in the league they had us to finish 12th which we did and last season they had us to finish in the play-offs which we should of done. It will be interesting to see if they have faith in us this season. Personally I think we need to start the season well as the memory of the last seven games troubles me.
    Each season under Chris Wilder we have finished in a higher position than the previous one and I hope that our manager has learnt a lot from last term and this trend continues.
    As for my automatic prediction well at the moment I can't see past Rotherham (new stadium effect), Fleetwood (momentum effect) and Bristol Rovers (due to the impact of their new manager at the end of last season). As for the play-offs it could be our turn if we stay injury free and Chris Wilder's season on season improvement continues. Then again there is usually a 'dark horse'.........anybody fancy a flutter on York City?