1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts for Today

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Jun 22, 2015.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Reminding everyone of the purpose of this thread from January 2015 the first post......

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Posted elsewhere by one of our members.

7 things every child needs to hear:

1. I love you.
    2. I am proud of you.
    3. I am sorry.
    4. I forgive you.
    5. I am listening.
    6. Capitalism is a tool of the upper class designed to keep the people struggling, oppressed, and docile.
    7. You have what it takes.

If you stop and think about your own children, number six falls into place.

3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

It's a pity those that criticise capitalism don't seek a better system elsewhere. Russia, North Korea anyone?

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Maybe you have a better system? Russia is doing its best to destroy the systems that it sees as a threat to what it would like to see.

5. superhorns

Do you see yourself as struggling, oppressed and docile?

6. yorkshirehornet

Take this elsewhere please.....

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Not in the slightest thank you.

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

How very sad. Everyone is talking about and contributing to a thread on a football game involving Watford, yet we have one person who wants to talk about other things. I suppose that everyone who wants to talk football is part of a clique. Get a life and think what you are doing to your kids future.

Toby and andytoprankin like this.
  9. superhorns

I have no need to whinge like yourself, I have a great life thanks. My children are doing exceptionally well, they have the intelligence and knowledge to understand and fully embrace the capitalist system in the Western world. Some take the opportunities offered others simply prefer to take easier options then moan that life is so unfair.

Is it fashionable to constantly see yourself as a victim?

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Sorry SH, but tonight you have shown yourself up. I have not counted up the number of people who contributed to the game thread tonight while it was in progress, but what did you have to offer? You want to be a member of this forum, but only for the bits that suit you. No comments about the game, no comments about the players. This thread is for thinking about, not cheap political point scoring. Do you think that I quoted another members opinion about how we treat children to make a political point? No, I didn't to answer the question. I posted it because it has a lot of points in it that are worth thinking about.

11. superhorns

Your whinging against the capitalist system is being political.

Everybody posts on the bits they want to, as far as I know that is perfectly normal. Warning children against the capitalist system is rather futile unless you fairly cover the rare alternatives.

You have shown yourself up I'm afraid, take the loss and try to behave better tomorrow.

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You really don't understand do you. It was not my opinion, but that of another member, who didn't post it on here, but as I said elsewhere. I copied it because out of the seven points made, it took little to understand where the poster came from. Six points are obvious probably, and yet you choose to pick up on the one that is debatable, and seem to think that I had dreamt it up. As I said this thread was created to give people a chance to think, and someone who only believes that everything is black or white doesn't have an open mind to think things through. Stop being so blinkered to others, and you wouldn't find yourself in a minority of one.

13. superhorns

You are again somewhat confused, you highlighted the only political point. The content was rather bizarre which on a forum was always likely to be responded to. It is you that lacks any depth of thought and can only resort to whinging whilst failing to fully understand subjects. I know it is quiet where you live but there is whole world outside the petit village.

To say every child needs to hear " Capitalism is a tool of the upper class designed to keep the people struggling, oppressed, and docile' is certainly political and palpable nonsense.

Did you obtain your quote from Chairman Mao or Vladimir Putin?

14. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Ignore button on again. It was briefly off, as per recent events, but someone couldn’t help themselves, could they?
    How tiresome.

15. yorkshirehornet

Ditto... just
    This is a thread for thoughts not political debate.... please take it and such posts elsewhere...

16. superhorns

Which is why I was surprised political content started creeping in.

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Every part of life has some political content to it. The post that SH finds so disturbing shows how if you treat children well, within a society that is fair, then you will finish up with a better world for all. Go to a school where parents are working in three jobs each simply to put enough bread on the table and you will see resentment about the bosses who take vast sums for themselves. Every part of society is interlinked, in the same way that taking hedges out of fields can have a huge effect on the ecosystem. The person who is not doing three jobs and can afford whatever they feel they want is not thinking about the big picture, just their own well being. Society is not doing a very good job at present, when kids are having to fend for themselves and getting into so much trouble because of lack of proper home life. What is needed is some joined up thinking about where we are taking the world.

18. superhorns

The political comment which you highlighted almost amounted to child abuse. On reflection it is the kind of nonsense prevalent in left wing teacher training manuals.

19. yorkshirehornet

As someone who has worked with children who have been abused for many years both in child psychiatry, special education and private pracite I find this comment ludicrous.

I will also have you know that the British Education was the gold standard world wide until we ravaged it with attainment targets and a narrow curriculum

I ask you again.. please take such ideas elsewhere.....
    This threas is not a talking shop

20. superhorns

A forum is a talking shop or was the last time I looked it up.:emoticon-0105-wink: