1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on shirt sponsor

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matt21, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Matt21

Matt21 New Member

I wondered if anyone could help me.

I’m currently doing a research project for my final year of University, looking at shirt sponsorship in football.

I know your shirt sponsor is the fairly large 32Red, who are part of the growing trend of betting sites sponsoring football teams.

What I’m interested in is whether you prefer to be sponsored by a local company. Or would you perhaps prefer a more global company which may bring in more funds for transfers? I’ve chosen to look at Swansea City due to your sponsor as well as it also relating to a further question.

Some shirt sponsors blend in better than others. But does having a sponsor on your shirt put you off buying it at all? And for those who do buy the shirt, do you just like to wear it to the games or do you like to you wear them in other places too?

Finally have you any thoughts on the naming of your stadium for sponsorship purposes? Swansea are one of a select group of clubs who have ventured into this.

I apologise for the amount of questions, but any responses would be very much appreciated, the more feedback I can get the better.

2. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Our previous sponsor was our tourist board's website "Swansea.com" and it had a nice font and made the shirt look great, I for one would love to see that again and I bought the shirt and training shirt when it looked that nice. I haven't bought the new shirt though...

All that being said I'm behind whichever sponsor gets the club the most money tbh....