1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

WHAT NEW HULL & EAST RIDING LOCKDOWN PROTOCOLS MEAN FOR YOUR LOCAL AREA

Bilton Grange/Greatfield/Longhill You are able to fight your neighbour providing you wear a mask and social distancing rules are adhered to.

Gipsyville- Burgling homes in your local area is still permitted providing you sanitise before and after the offence. Track and trace technology must also be used.

OPE/Spring Bank /Preston Road- You can only visit your dealer when collecting your children from school. The dealer should wear a face visor and make sure all bags are sanitised.

Hedon- Having sex with your sister is still permitted but you must be home before 10pm and use approved lubricant.

North Hull Estate- Vigilante groups of no more than six allowed outdoors and socially distancing between the hours of 10pm - 2am only. You must wear suitable PPE for any physical contact.

Hull City Centre- Prostitute services are still permitted to remain open, this is now classed as essential services for fear of the economic collapse of the city. Entry from the rear only

Anywhere in West Hull- declared a NO GO ZONE (in 1984), if you must travel to this area please follow all diversions, traffic cones and signals, remain in your car, do not abandon your car, masks are not required as nothing is open

Withernsea- Everyone must remain at home and self isolate until manufacturers can distribute gloves with 6 fingers. Please do not go to A&E for digit removal as they are a tad busy.

Bransholme - Do as you want, even Covid wouldn’t go to Bransholme!

2. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Brilliant 10/10

3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Diana Johnson tweeted that Hull is still waiting to receive these tests (and help from the army) that was promised to them two weeks ago.

4. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

So, the new Oxford vaccine is 70% effective. I wouldn't bother. All this fuss when we know Domestos kills 99.9% of all known germs, dead.

Mass vaccination, eh? They'll have to catch me first.

5. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Fake news

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

7. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Domestos & coke or Domestos & tonic ? That is the question if pubs are closed.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Editor's Choice
    Covid-19: Screening without scrutiny, spending taxpayers’ billions

BMJ2020; 371doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m4487(Published 19 November 2020)Cite this as: BMJ 2020;371:m4487

Mike Gill and Muir Gray (who was knighted for his work on national screening programmes) insist the Liverpool mass testing pilot must be stopped.1 It is screening by the back door, bypassing appraisal by the UK’s National Screening Committee. The lateral flow test being used is of doubtful value, with a high false negative rate. Although the false positive rate is small it is still a problem in a low prevalence setting.

Angela Raffle, another leading expert on screening, argues that Operation Moonshot takes us back to the paternalistic 1960s, ignores data protection and privacy laws, and is potentially in breach of the Declaration of Helsinki.23 Bing Jones and colleagues say we must stop being polite about “test and trace,” with its narrow focus on testing, costing billions of pounds to the taxpayer.4

Instead of listening, inviting scrutiny, or waiting for the results of its Liverpool pilot, England’s Department of Health and Social Care is rushing out mass testing to 67 more areas.5 The government is using the covid-19 pandemic to cut corners in procurement and award contracts without transparency, finds the National Audit Office, which reviewed £18bn of contracts awarded in the first wave.6 Companies are being prioritised solely on the recommendation of officials and politicians. An emergency is no excuse for this bad practice, and the Public Accounts Committee says the NAO’s findings are likely to be the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4487

9. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

I'm self employed and live in a satellite village of Pocklington. I can't see me traipsing between people's homes before this year is out, at least. I've had to stop answering the phone because the abuse and vitriol I'm getting for refusing to take bookings is quite frankly, hilarious. I've got just over 50 people to let down next month and while I could be in for a prosperous December, I'm staying the **** put!

SW3 Chelsea Tiger and Kempton like this.
  10. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

I'll ask Don.

As the passenger stood at the bar on board the Titanic said ' I know I asked for ice but this is ridiculous.'

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

70%? As the survival rate is over 99%, does that mean the body's natural immune system is more effective? :bandit:

12. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

'Serendipity,' led to a break through' or in plain English, a bit of a cock up on the dosing front led to the discovery that half a dose was more effective than a full one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-trial-led-huge-boost-jabs-success-rate.html

These southern based scientists don't talk proper English as us do.

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Obviously, immunity rate and survival rate are completely different things .

15. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

No **** Sherlock. Whoooosh.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Should we be trusting these expert scientist types when they struggle to measure out the required dose?

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if half a second dose would improve it further, and make the vaccine available to more people? It does raise the question of how they decide the appropriate dose on a novel vaccine.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Back at the top of the league...

please log in to view this image

19. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

That's why a new vaccine or medicine can often take up to 10 years to hit the market, there are so many combinations that need to be tested on a wide range of patients.

DMD likes this.
  20. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

It makes you wonder what they are playing at. It's good to know they have a rigorous testing programme before they roll it out to the general public.

Rule 1) Buy a test tube with measurements on the side then apply the correct dose. I wonder what these people got their ology in?

DMD likes this.