1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Covid 19 restrictions have done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 29, 2020.

1. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced masks do very much to prevent the spread, they don't seem to be stopping it at the moment.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just being spread among the general population, not specifically in any age group, or any particular group at all (other than outbreaks in factories, where there have been significant numbers of workers passing it on to each other).

It looks like we're stuck with Tier 2 for at least 28 days, whatever happens.

3. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Well that's another one of my theories.An Asymptomatic teacher has spread it to all the kids,who have then taken it home to their parents,who have then visited their parents before they went to work and infected the workplace....Yep,definitely coming from schools:emoticon-0102-bigsm

4. Ric Glasgow

I agree...

highpeak tiger likes this.
  5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Nothing to stop me going. I’m quite happy going on my own anyway!

6. Ric Glasgow

Are your pubs still open?

7. Darylhull

Darylhull New Member

Yes can meet anyone in your bubble but not other friends! But can see any other person in
    pub lol

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  8. Ric Glasgow

Our pubs have been dubbed up for weeks....Think I'll come to Hull for a beer then? Oh,can't,not allowed to travel out of my tier 3(which is actually tier 4) zone...

9. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I caught the Hong Kong flu in the late 60's, I was a teenager; it really knackered me for weeks - I didn't realise how serious it was until I was much older and my mother told me how worried they were, it called 2/3 million worldwide.

10. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

But that’s the issue- - you see it all the time, people in groups and not a mask to be seen. They think they are immune without realising that they can spread it to others.
    Wear the mask and protect yourself and, just as importantly, to protect others.

11. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. I've always fancied the neighbour over the road. Do you have to ask first?

12. highpeak tiger

I wear a mask when I am required to but as a glasses wearer, I struggle with my glasses steaming up, and not being able to see. Irrespective of this, the science behind the efficacy of masks (particularly the ones the general public use and the way they use them) is as flakey as ****. I don't want to get into virus particle size, aerosols, hydration of proteins etc. so will leave it there.

13. Help!

Help! Well-Known Member

I agree that the spread doesn’t seem to have been affected in terms of number of cases, but I have seen people citing them as a significant factor in lowering viral load as those cases are transmitted and thus helping to reduce the severity, though whether there’s numbers to back this up I don’t know.

14. Ric Glasgow

We appeared to be sending out the same message up North....until Eva Braun announced this in her lunchtime propaganda show. IMG_20201030_142335311~2.jpg

15. highpeak tiger

The wearing of masks makes the nervous feel better, other than that I'm not convinced. But rules is rules.

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

What the 'save lives' argument misses, is the numbers dying of other ailments and conditions due to a focus on covid. Some estimates have the extra covid deaths well ahead of those dying of covid, even before the corrections for 'with' covid as opposed to 'of' it are factored in.

That's not from twitter etc btw, you can do the maths from the ONS figures, but they're not presented as clearly.

17. Ric Glasgow

Exactly!!! G.P's aren't even seeing people and on the odd occasion people get a chat with them they're sent to A&E who don't want them there either!!!

DMD likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

If it wasn't for the reaction we saw on social media and the papers earlier in the year, I suspect we'd be locking-down less places, less severely.

19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I got that. Wouldn't get through that at my age now.

20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Like with a fair number of national issues, the media have been disgraceful in their reporting, and have increased the harm through unnecessary fear. Sadly, not enough people apply critical thinking, and even more simply swallow the headline unchecked, or accept it after reading an article by someone that is clearly not an expert, and in many cases it would be a push to describe the author as a journalist.