1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Recorded as the news about Jake broke <laugh> discussing transfers, Ehab's interviews with the YP, and the Bmouth match as well as matches ahead:

CANADATIGER likes this.
  2. SydneyTiger14

Again, recorded just before Markovic signed! Mason's injury obviously dominates discussion:

CANADATIGER likes this.
  3. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Syd and Logan for two well-stated and informative discussions of the Bournemouth and Chelsea games, and overall developments at and prospects for the Tigers. Recent performances under Marco's management have given us reasons for some optimism that we can avoid the drop. Despite Masons terrible injury, just when he was beginning to show why we had signed him, and Livermore's move to WBA, the four new signings look very positive, and the long overdue reinstatement of Jak as starting GK are clearly steps in the right direction. I agree with you, given how poor Sunderland, Palace, and Swansea have been (despite the latters surprise win at Liverpool), that 5-6 wins and 2-3 draws in the remaining 16 games , should keep us up, and hope Marco will hang on to Snodgrass. Keep up the interesting discussions. I always enjoy listening to you all.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

Thanks mate! Means a lot. :)

5. SydneyTiger14

Early episode this week due to the midweek game against United coming up and Deadline Day (we'll be doing a special ep Wednesday for that)

GEvans76 likes this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

We wrapped up the Deadline Day activities, as well as gave a judgement of the window as a whole:

7. SydneyTiger14

Good discussion on Silva's impact so far at the club, and started a new segment looking at players in the squad and their time at the club, starting with Meyler:

8. CANADATIGER

Great discussion again Syd, and thanks to Dan and Logan (obviously!) for their excellent contributions. Silva's game preparation and attention to detail have made a big difference as you point out, and I agree with you and Dan that we could well pick up points at Arsenal, which could move us out of the relegation zone. On Meyler I also agree with you that he has been underrated by some of our supporters, and despite his occasional bloopers he's made a solid contribution to the team since he came on board, and I'm happy to see him in the line up either as a starter or off the bench. Thanks again and I look forward to your next podcast. :emoticon-0100-smile

9. SydneyTiger14

Thanks Canada! Appreciate all the feedback. :)

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this one thought it was a good discussion.

11. SydneyTiger14

Thanks! Appreciate the listen.

12. SydneyTiger14

Discussion of the Arsenal game, as well as looking ahead to the game on the weekend. We also discuss Tom Huddlestone's spell at City, and his standing at the club:

13. CANADATIGER

Thanks again Syd (Alex) for another thoughtful and well reasoned discussion with Logan and Dan of the Arsenal game.....what must surely be one of the most controversial matches in recent memory. Like you Alex I have always regarded Clattenburg as one of the best, if not the best, of a rather dubious bunch of Premiership refs, but my faith in him has been sorely tested by his latest performance. Three awful decisions by him, and I must add his assistants, cost us at least one goal and a potential victory if two Arsenal players had been justifiably sent off. However that's now water under the bridge, and the three of you have already provided a clear analysis of the issues involved.

I would like to make two comments. Firstly your podcasts are a real breath of fresh air amid all the bickering and pointless ramblings that take up so much space on this, in many respects, excellent board. Thank you. I always look forward to reading them, and hope you'll continue.

Secondly I was struck, and very much heartened by Hudd's comment on the new mood of confidence and self-belief in the team under Silva. Too often under Bruce, and under Phelan in particular, we seemed content to come out of games with a point after depressingly defensive displays, exemplified by the horror show at Middlesboro, the worst attacking team in the division. Our recent displays have been a joy to watch, and it just shows the importance of a Manager who believes that every game is there to be WON!!

Tomorrow we are going to come up against a well organized team that has been our nemesis too often in the past, but one that has an abysmal away record this season. Three points will probably take us out of the relegation zone, with a relatively easy schedule ahead compared to our rivals. If we win, which I believe we will, our chances of staying up look increasingly bright. Good luck lads!! I'll look forward to your next podcast Alex :emoticon-0100-smile

14. SydneyTiger14

I always appreciate your kind words because it means so much to have someone who takes so much interest in the Podcast each and every week. I always pass your comments on to Logan and Dan and they appreciate them as well. :)

15. SydneyTiger14

Fair bit to discuss in regards to the draw with Burnley - we look at our issues with set pieces, our unfortunate run of luck with the referees, as well as our mounting injury list - before we look at what needs to be done to stop a revitalised Leicester. Curtis Davies is the player we discuss this week in our new segment.

16. SydneyTiger14

Grim result on the weekend and we dissect the loss to Leicester, as well as the make or break clash with Swansea. We also chat about Abel Hernandez and his time at the club, and what the future holds for him in the amber and black.

17. SydneyTiger14

More impeccable timing with Karanka sacked during the recording. We chat about the Swansea match and look ahead to Everton. Player of the week is Andy Robertson.

18. SydneyTiger14

Looks like there were technical difficulties with that episode! Will try and get it up properly tonight.

19. SydneyTiger14

Technical difficulties sorted! Have a listen to Dan, Logan and myself preview our clash with Everton, as well as rate Andy Robertson's time at the club. We of course discuss the huge win against Swansea as well

20. SydneyTiger14

Big episode discussing the Everton defeat, as well as the upcoming games against West Ham and Boro. We of course discuss Snodgrass's return which is somewhat controversial! This week we have a look at Elmohamady, and his contribution to the club over the past five years.