1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Not too much to say about this one Alex. Good discussion with Brad as usual, although the background noise on Soundcloud remains a bit disconcerting. Brad's parrot still seems active, and one of you appears to have a heavy cold judging by the periodic sniffles.

Good to see you both giving McGregor his due this time. Once again he came through with a sterling performance at Barnsley yesterday after being MOM at Norwich the previous week. My GK fears after letting the Jak move on have been allayed as McG has been almost faultless (apart from his kicking) and we are beginning to see the back-4 gaining in confidence in front of him, with Dawson having another great game. As you say it is baffling that his contract has yet to be renewed as he certainly seems to want to stay. I'm sure both you and Brad were very pleased with your countryman Irvine's performance, and Leo must be giving serious thought to starting him over Henriksen alongside Meyler next week.

Good call again Brad on the result. If we can put Forest and Boro away at home we've a good chance of moving up close to the payoff spots. But we need to play a lot better than we did in the first half at Barnsley. With Campbell, Meyler, and Irvine in the STARTING line up that shouldn't be too difficult.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

It's actually Dan who has the parrot! I think Brad had a window open though because you could hear cars go past in parts. Dan had a cold the other week though I think but I didn't notice anything with Brad.

Yeah Brad seems to be pretty good with his predictions! Have to get him on every week haha.

3. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Slutsky likes Campbell but seems to think he has to use him carefully because of his fitness. So far he doesn't seem to have been convinced enough by Irvine to start him, but he seems to have done ok.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

Yeah we commented on the fact it's a bit concerning Campbell came off with a 'knock' against Brum but then missed Norwich - so was essentially out for three weeks with it.

5. SydneyTiger14

Logan joins me with a lot to talk about this week after a pretty disappointing set of results against Forest and Boro.. and is Slutsky on the brink?

6. SydneyTiger14

While the domestic front promises pain after a bad loss to Sheffield United, the news was more positive for our Internationals! Brad and I discuss all things City over this latest International break:

We're also on iTunes under "The Tigers Down Under" and on Soundcloud:

7. SydneyTiger14

Lots to talk about with two draws, another goal for Bowen, and Slutsky's position tenuous:

8. SydneyTiger14

50 episodes down for The Tigers Down Under! Dan and Logan join me to chat about our defensive woes against Bristol City, and look ahead to a reunion with a Wembley rival, as well as our favourite City memories from the last 18 months since the Podcast began.

9. SydneyTiger14

Big episode tonight! Three guests with Brad, Dan and Mitch all joining me to discuss Adkins' appointment - where will we finish under him?

10. SydneyTiger14

Dan joined me to catch up on ALL our festive fixtures, chat about our fears for the Transfer Window, and look ahead to Reading:

11. SydneyTiger14

Have there ever been two clubs with such an ill-fated co-dependence as Sunderland and us? Logan and I discuss the woes of the two clubs as we come up against each other this weekend.

12. SydneyTiger14

Fair bit of ranting this episode as enough is enough when it comes to performances. Dan and I also chat about the upcoming Cup fixture before an important clash with Pro-Evo sponsored Leeds

13. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I discuss our transfer business. Was it enough? What was our best business? Lots to cover!

Newland Tiger likes this.
  14. SydneyTiger14

We get a little bit ranty in the middle which wasn't the plan, but hard to discuss transfer business, or lack of, without getting a bit frustrated.

15. SydneyTiger14

Emotional ep this week as we talked Mason's retirement, although more joyful in discussing a great win against Forest, and two huge fixtures to come in the next seven days.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  16. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I are back after almost a month off (late work nights suck!) and what a way for City to welcome us back, with two wins on the trot! We dissect both, and chat about what it means for our survival chances. And what do we have to do to get Wilson back on loan next season?!

17. SydneyTiger14

A weekend podcast with a week off between games, and we touch on the Birmingham defeat before speculating on how we would handle the contract situation at City this Summer. What would you do?

18. SydneyTiger14

We're back for another season! Mitch and I talk all the Ins and Outs for the Transfer Window, as well as the big news about Tigers TV for the coming season, and what it means to International fans of the club.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  19. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Great to have you back Syd, along with Mitch. I've always enjoyed listening to your "Tigers Down Under" thoughtful assessments of our prospects and performances, and look forward to another season of the same with your various guests.

Like you I've been encouraged by Nigels new young signings and with a couple of additions up front and on the wings think we have the makings of a competitive mid-table team that like you I look forward to watching every week on Tigers TV.

We look solid enough at the back, although Marshall needs to recover his form and show greater agility, but Long could be an excellent replacement if he falls short again. Lichaj (Lehigh) is an experienced and tough RB and always looked impressive when I saw him in the US, and Macdonald, Burke, and DeWijs will give us stability at CH, although Mazuch seems to be a permanent sick-note. LB remains a question mark however.

Evandro has impressed in pre-season and along with Irving, Hendriksen, Toral, and Batty gives us good attacking options in mid-field, with Bowen and Grosicki (if they stay)providing goal scoring capabilities, along with Milinevic and Kane (?) on the wings. We need Stewart to step up his defensive game however.

Up front is once again where we are weakest, and I hope Adkins can bring in a couple of strikers to supplement Dicko and Campbell.

Overall though I think there are reasons for cautious optimism about the coming season, and even some positive surprises as the team comes together. I look forward to a Tigers resurgence after the awful Ehab Allam takes the last of the relegation money and fees from sell-ons (Maguire) and player sales (Bowen) and gives way to more progressive new owners. Meanwhile I'm hoping for the best this season.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  20. SydneyTiger14

Thank you! I'm always incredibly appreciative of your comments and feedback. It is a bit odd feeling optimistic ahead of a season. Pre-Recording mitch and I were discussing just how good things are looking, and then the news about Burnsy this morning and the Billy Bly game, really the final major step is some form of concessions and the crest, and a lot of the issues would be on their way to being resolved.

CANADATIGER likes this.