1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Tim Klose

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, May 2, 2019.

?

As title suggests

1. Renew

100.0%
  2. Release

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Renew contract or release?

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I'll start the ball rolling, we can afford to keep him now he knows how we play and was fantastic before being replaced by Godfrey after injury.

Plus he speaks German

RiverEndRick likes this.
  3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I also voted renew as he's a class act and has done well in the PL. I wouldn't bet against him starting in the first match. Godfrey has done well of late, but Klose has composure that is much needed in the PL. As I've said before, I think we may go to 3 at the back and Klose is ideal on the left side of that.

ncgandy, JM Fan and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  4. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

⬆️ what he said :rolleyes:

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  5. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

We gotta keep him - I expect us to play 3 at the back, especially away from home and Klose is an absolute must for those. Sooner or later Zimbo and Godfrey will get injured or suspended and we need first class cover - it is vital that both Klose and Hanley stay with us for that reason.

6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I said release but its circumstantial as I can see both sides of the argument. It all comes down to his demands. I lent towards release because, I think he will rightly be after his last pay day and his demands, firstly for salary and maybe also additional years, for a player who will turn 31 next week maybe prohibitive. With CZ, BG and GH plus this bright young prospect who's reportedly being courted by all and sundry. I think we focus on the future. Big Tim may, in his twighlight years also want to actually play. So I think he and we will wait on Godfrey committing his future with a new improved contract. Better to spend the money there in my umble.
    With that said, if his price for staying is right and it doesn't bother him that he goes in 3rd choice, keep him for all the reasons stated by you previous posters.

Bah!

7. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Keep,keep,keep.
    Tim is a great team player and if fans remember it was his injury and loss at Palace that cost us our Prem place last time.
    We def need his experience.

DUNCAN DONUTS and RiverEndRick like this.
  8. General Melchett

I thought it was spunking the money on Naismith instead of someone who could've contributed! (Possibly both!)

Bah!

9. RiverEndRick

For me, it was the loss of Klose that led to us going down. His composure under pressure was remarkable. I can remember him keeping Aguero in check when we drew 0-0.

10. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Gotta keep Timmy K!

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Judging by his actions on the pitch after the Blackburn game, I think he wants to stay!

12. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

TK has to stay. It's the Premier League after all. He will get plenty of opportunity to play whether he earns a starting place in pre-season, or we go three-at-the-back, or there's an injury. Besides, I want him to stay.

canary-dave and ncgandy like this.
  13. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Timm wants to stay, even with wage demands that push at the limits of our structure, I'd still keep him. He's the only player in our current squad who has previously looked comfortable at Premier League level.

I don't think we could buy (and pay wages for) a player of similar quality for less than his wages would cost.

14. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more about renewing and how his injury really cost us

As a back up CB he is perfect and to be honest I think we may well see him replace one of the two we have over the course of the season as he is a different level when backs are against the wall, which just hasn’t been the case in the Championship

RiverEndRick and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  15. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Renew

16. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have 3 categories, as I see it.
    Bust a gut to keep - Timm Klose
    Tickle his tummy to see if he wants to stay - Ivan Pinto.
    Kick so hard in the guts they'll land up in Reading, Hearts, Walsall...who gives a flying F?
    Mercenary and / or permanently crocked, vastly overpaid based on value, worth and contribution to the Farke cause and result - Oliveira. Jarvis and Naismith <grr>

17. General Melchett

I don't see it, we offer what we can offer, if its good enough i.e. close enough to any competitors contract offers and he is happy as appears in Norfolk then he will likely stay. But Webber and Farke will offer him no guarantees of playing time, if he looks at how little game time he saw 2nd half of last season, he may well want to move for more game time, not playing could again cost him his Swiss place.
    A lot of people seem to think we will be playing a back 3, but Farke has worked very hard to have us playing well with 4 at the back and even when it was not working he generally persisted. Why would he change now? The back 3 was generally only wheeled out in 2 circulstances. Chasing a game, freeing up our fullbacks, or winning and in injury time, to waste time, disrupt the oppo and see the game out. I don't see that changing......unless we get mauled once too often and have to make it more defensive. But I doubt its to be thought of as a front line tactic.

Bah!

DUNCAN DONUTS and JM Fan like this.
  18. RiverEndRick

Using this season to predict next season could be dodgy. DF created a style of play perfectly suited to the Championship, but the challenges in the PL will be very different. Keeping a winning team unchanged won't happen as often and he'll need to use the whole squad. The style of play will be similar, but more often it'll be about staying in games so that our fitness can come into play late on. Especially against the big clubs away from home, we'll need to defend and counteract, which we are well suited to doing. That is where 3 at the back could come into play with the WBs providing width to a three pronged attack and then getting back when the ball is lost. Klose, Godfrey and Zimmerman (or Hanley) would be well suited to that with Godfrey pushing further forward when we have the ball.

ncgandy likes this.
  19. General Melchett

Hmm, some of this I agree with others not so much. I think Farke may well want to stick with his current tactics, just get better at it. I can't see his philosophy changing. He will still want to be greedy with the ball. Unless we get burnt too often I think the high press will stay. I agree that we won't be winning as much to stick with a winning team, but I don't think that will be reason for Farke to start chopping and changing. I think he will look at performance not results, if they are doing what he asks of them, he won't change the team much. I think when Emi came straight back in, it was indicative that when there is clear daylight between a first choice player and his position competitors, he will stick with them. In midfield where there is much competition I think he will still try to build understanding and momentum. I still only see the whole squad getting games, through the cups and injuries.
    I know a huge amount has changed since playing Arse in the cup, but he started that one with 4 at the back. But vs Chelski it was 5, so who knows. I think he will continue with 4 as plan A, just perhaps 5 for vs Citeh and Liverpoo.

Bah!

20. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Think we have to be careful here as its not just about individual players. If we lose certain players we also run the risk of breaking what we currently have a squad that is working well together & is practically family. After reading that article about their girlfriends it certainly sounds like Klose & her love being here.

Look what Worthington did after promotion & how that panned out. Fair enough to lose the odd player pushed to the fringe like Pinto but I don't think we can run the risk of losing a quality player like Klose & risk the team integrity. I'd also get Rhodes in if available cheaply/free as we'll need cover & a decent striker could eat up a huge chunk of our budget