1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tinkering or more radical changes?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In his Preston post match interview, Colin was obviously upset to the extent that he said he thought 8 or 9 of the side he put out "failed to turn up". Now I'm all for freshening the starting 11, but I hope we don't see wholesale changes for this Sheff Wed game on the back of that Preston performance.

We should be very careful what we wish for on the pitch - at the end of the day all that matters is 3 points from the game.

Unless he changes the system, maybe Bryson for Damour and possibly Manga for Peltier, but otherwise I'd leave it alone.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Jazz for Peltier maybe and fresh legs in the middle of the park. Tweaks rather than major surgery.
    Given there's more depth in the squad he should be changing a player or two every game to give players a breather and keep them on their toes.

3. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

We are probably a 5th-8th team, so the start was a big plus. We will obviously have some rough patches as well. This team relies more on motivation than skill so Colin is going to have to continuously try every trick he has to keep the team firing. I don't think he will change the system much, but I have no doubt that any player who fails to do what Colin expects of them will not see the pitch very much.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Tinkering I think.
    The nucleus of the team that got us off to a flier with a few tweaks. Possibly:

Etheridge
    Richards Bennett
    Manga Morrison
    Hoilett Gunner Ralls Bryson NML
    Zahore

He might also bring in Murphy and Ward for Hoilett.

Should be an open game, Weds won't come for a draw.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I'll go mostly for Ninian's team. Murphy is an option as Etheridge came up a bit short under pressure at Preston.

I would prefer to bring in Feeney if Hoilett is to be rested.

6. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Richards for Peltier.
    Bryson for DAMOUR.
    Ward on for Zohore second half (tell KZ in advance so he can run himself into ground 1st half).