1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tisdale sacked

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Looks like it is Barton then. Will be announced within 48 hours apparently according to Sam Frost.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I hope he succeeds with us, I really do. But lets be real here, he won't. He may keep us up. But he will be provoked every game. He will mess up again. But this time, he will be taking our name with him. He could be in prison come June. Or doing community service. Total embarrassment to our club and now the club is an embarrassment to me. I am actually ashamed that our club has lost whatever integrity it had remaining by getting this thug in as manager. A lot of fans have said they won't be going again. I am one of them. Sadly on other forums and social media, some gasheads have taken delight in the news of Barton being manager and laughing at those who has been gasheads for years (decades) who have said they won't go anymore.

You all know my opinion on Barton. If you disagree, that is not a problem with me. We are all entitled to our opinions and I will respect yours. And I truly hope you are right about him. But for me, even if he is the best manager ever, I couldn't support the club while we have this deplorable person here.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Bristol Rovers will always have my support But Barton will NEVER have my support

4. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

If this is true, and Sam Frost hasn't always been correct, then it's very disappointing, As you say, it will be a miracle if this doesn't end in tears for him and us, and I'm surprised that the club are prepared to take such a gamble. I'm happy to be proved wrong, and he could turn out to be a hero for us, but it seems a heck of a risk to me. A bit of desperation may have crept in. I guess, when patience may have been the better option.

Quilllogic likes this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Fair shout <ok>

I have always said "Through thick and thin" "Rovers till I die" "We're Rovers supporters, We're faithful and true" and "I will always support the club". I have been there for the good and bad times and I have never wavered.

But for me, the appointment of Barton has crossed the line which I thought could never be crossed and now to me, my club has sunk you new depths that I find impossible to follow. Yes we all make mistakes. I don't claim to be a saint or righteous in anyway. I don't claim to be anyone special. But I do have principles which I refuse to break, even if it means missing out on Rovers. Its a shame that club has put me into this position.

I will still be here on not606 getting involved as always. I will still look out for results hoping for 3 points. But that is as far as I feel I can go with support.

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Its everywhere now, not just Sam Frost. It would be a miracle for this not to actually happen now.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Out of respect to you all on here, I won't post anything about Barton past from now on as you all know where I stand so I don't want to bore you. Future comments on him will be purely based on what he does at Rovers. Not his past.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  8. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Oh well, never a dull moment being a Rovers fan ! It will be interesting though if he does come in and keeps the team up what sort of reception he will receive from the fans at the start of next season when hopefully we shall all be allowed in to watch again .

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Depends if he is in prison or not. He may get 200 hours community service to do on Saturdays <ok>

Quilllogic likes this.
  10. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Well said. He's proved he hasn't learned and moved on. He'll prove really toxic, and Bristol Rovers will be all over the press because of his trial in June.

11. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I wonder if he will have a go at the accent ? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

12. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

That was one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever watched - Barton at Marseille speaking to French TV in English, but with a French accent. Up there with Steve McClaren speaking to Dutch TV in English with a Dutch accent. Absolutely unbelievable.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Hope you don’t mind me popping over - not here to WUM.
    It’s a difficult one this. The man is a c@ck of the highest order, but if he sorts your club out then he’s done his job.
    What’s in the past should stay in the past - but I still would be uneasy if someone with his type of history came to manage my club.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

You are welcome here any time and the rest of your fellow red. We're an open forum <ok>
    Yep, if he sorts our club out, fair shout to him but I am certain whatever he does with us, it will end in tiers on or off the pitch :(

15. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

16. old timer

Thought you would have been happy with Pearson Massiveattack did well for leicester and would have kept Watford up and saved you a thrashing if they hadn't panicked

17. old timer

Was told yesterday that Paul Tisdale is the favourite to take charge of the England U21s when Adie Boothroyd leaves in the Summer, Done well has Adie since he left us back in the 90s

18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Good luck to him. He couldn’t get a tune out our youngsters though.

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

How did he bluff his way into that position!

20. old timer

Apparently he convinced them he was good at bringing young players on was told he was the best of the 2 candidates the other being Frank Lampard