1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours To Keep or Not to Keep? (That is the NCFC question)

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, May 16, 2016.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

With Alex Neil having face to face discussions with his players today the EDP has produced this poll for their readers to decide which players should be sold and who should be kept for the 2016/17 season.

A link to the poll is below, who would you keep, who would you sell from the list given?

Poll:Which players should Norwich City keep for the 2016/17 season?

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sell for a good offer: Redmond, Naismith, Vadis
    Sell for pretty much any offer: Bassong, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Whittaker
    Let go for free if necessary: Andreu, Lafferty, Loza, Turner, RvW

3. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if we don't get some decent interest in Lafferty and Whittaker. I get the impression other teams and fans quite rate them both. Part of me wonders if Lafferty (and RvW) could be really useful players in the Champ or are they so far out of AN's plans that it won't matter what league we're in? We're not exactly flush with strikers assuming Mmmbok's bags are already packed.

Completely agree with letting Redmond go if the price is right. I'd like to keep Vadis though. I think Vadis, Tettey, Howson, O'Neil and Maddison could make for interesting CM options in any league.

I hear what people are saying about improving the squad and bringing in players that could make the transition to the PL should we bounce straight back up, but I'm more concerned about the here and now. I think priority will be forming a squad of players to get back up and worry about staying in the PL again then.

DHCanary likes this.
  4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

For the start of the season we must have a championship savvy squad. This can be augmented with a more PL outlook in the January window so long as we are well in contention for auto promotion. For example we start with Jerome but go all out for a significant improvement in January.

chinacanary likes this.
  5. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Very pragmatic - it ups the ante on what I said on another thread. Perhaps e.g. Jerome and Bassong owe us a bit of a return in terms of pay back on the pitch for the dreadful season they've just had. Time to wring every last bit out of them and then send them to Colchester for their last pay days...

6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Can't see any of these players being with us next year, especially RvW certainly he has never shown any indication that he has the fighting spirit need to get promotion from the championship. He's been load out to teams that are well below the standard of a championship title chasing team.