1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

todays match

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Jul 17, 2021.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Sutton won tonight Rovers 3rd from bottom in 22nd position

2. old timer

Scunthorpe winning we are losing in the bottom 2 now

Rovers 0 - 2 Orient National league here we come WE ARE GOING DOWN and we are doing it the same as last season without a fight BARTON has got to go

Rovers 0 - 3 Orient

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

One thing is 100% certain - we will not fight back because Barton’s Bristol Rovers do not have any fight in them or any nous.

In addition, the manager is tactically inept and cannot motivate his players.

3-0 down now.

Barton out before he does any more damage.

4. old timer

We have conceded 3 goals in 14 minutes, we kept 2 clean sheets and he changed his defensive line up I don't think the same back 3 have played as a unit since
    We have now picked up our 2 yellow card of the afternoon at this rate it will be 9 men and a 6 - 0 defeat
    Substitution Harvey Saunders replaces Nick Anderton HT sub

5. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

At this precise moment in time, I have now officially given up any hope of us EVER winning a league game again! Any odd point we may pick up will be more luck than judgement - we can't score, we can't defend, we can't fight, our manager seems unable to manage and our recruitment has obviously not been good enough again. We are in free fall from the looks of it, and if the worst happens again this season, there is no way the club will return to league action 1st time like we did before, I'm afraid. Wael must be pulling his hair out, the amount of money he's poured into this club!!

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. old timer

When we do go down the wife will be fed up as I certainly won't be coming to the matches and she will have to find something different for my birthday present

7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

We’re playing at home and haven’t had a shot on target in 67mins - what on Earth is going on?

8. old timer

Anderson and Thomas on Evans and Collins off 68th minute

What happened in the first minute of extra time in the first half 3 bookings Kilgour plus 2 from Orient

Into extra time and still no shots on target, don't think their GK has made a save hope he i not expecting a bonus for winning the game
    Pitman scores from the spot after Saunders was fouled their GK still hasn't made a save

And it's all over now, what are todays excuses Ref not up to standard, more player errors, or do you think he will be honest and state the obvious that he is not up to the task

Scunthorpe concede a late equaliser Rovers out of the bottom 2 though Scunny are still playing

9. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

After the Walsall game there's a really tough run of fixtures in October, then Barton's in court a couple of times on these assault charges. A couple of results can make a lot of difference to the league position at the moment, but I keep looking for those glimmers of hope, and I can' t see anything at all to be hopeful about while Barton's in charge.

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  10. GreatWesternGas

It's very true that at the moment, a couple of good results can fire you up the table, which is why it's imperative that if we're going to turn our fortunes around,and it's a big if, it's got to come sooner rather than later, before the gap gets too big to close. The problem is, it's hard to see us doing it anytime soon, if at all, and unless Barton can somehow install a backbone and some pride into our current shower, it isn't going to happen, and we will face a season of embarassing results. Still, we live in hope and come next matchday, I'll still be expecting a Rovers victory - some of us never learn!!

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Strange seeing "not fight back" and "Barton" in the same sentence.
    Quick ironic seeing no fight in a Barton's team.

12. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Maybe the Board will wait for the court case - if it goes against Barton they could sack him for that and not have to pay him off?

old timer likes this.
  13. Gastronomic

I reckon that's what they're waiting for. If he gets off both charges he may have to stay on...

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If they are doing that and JB is found guilty and we then get rid, it could already be too late for a new manager to make any difference. We could be so far behind. Imagine this form of JB's continues into December. The squads morale will be so low that I doubt they will be able to turn their form around. No manager will want to come to us. We need to react now as it will cost more money in relegation and further seasons of struggle (because no way will we go straight back up again) than JB's pay off.

15. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I disagree. If he goes next month/November due to one of the court cases then there's plenty of time for a new manager to turn it around - or at least rescue us from the certainty of another relegation if Joey the Clown stays. There will be a post-Barton bounce because the squad itself isn't too bad - it's the manager who doesn't know how to get the best out of them. I object to paying that man for his abject failure - if you fail in almost any other walk of life (except CEOs and politicians of course) then you don't get a chunky payoff and nor should he. Sack him for punching people - far easier and cleaner.

16. old timer

JB has said that today's WDP that the excuses have to stop, is that his or the players

Is the Kieran Phillips playing for Walsall the same one that played for Rovers

Said kieran Phillips gives Walsall the lead on 32nd minute now 23rd in the league

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  17. old timer

Connor Taylor 79 min 1 - 1

Spence replaces Saunders because of an injury

Great substitution Spence score Rovers 2nd courtesy of a corner by Menayese

I guess that win means we keep Barton as manager

Rovers now 18th in table 4 points off playoff position

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  18. Gastronomic

Apparently Spence is the best finisher in training, and he's got a good goals per game record. Perhaps he's our natural goalscorer.

That was a good performance today, and most probably a turning point.

19. GreatWesternGas

Although I didn't listen to commentary or watch any highlights etc. the game stats indicate that we were the better team overall and deserved the 3 points, so well done to JB and the lads, a very welcome win, can't believe it's 9 months apparently since we last won away (if what I read is correct)! I've been critical of the performances and results so far this season, so it's only right that the team get some credit for their fight and endeavors today, and have earned a very welcome win. Maybe, just maybe, this will springboard our season and we can start to climb the table. Swindon at home next Saturday would be a great game to win and continue our push upwards.

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Indeed.

Ben Garner comes back to town. Remember Barton said if Garner was a doctor that he should be struck off? Should be an interesting week ahead with the build up!