1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Gale

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Billy The Spur, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does Tony Gale have an intense hatred and jealously of Spurs?

Every time he commentates on Spurs he cant help but try to add fuel to to the media`s anti AVB campaign, he very rarely gives Spurs any praise and in the tone of his commentary you can sense he wants Spurs to lose.

I know he is an ex Spanner but these days I start to groan when I find out he is co commentator on one of our games.

2. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

agreed. first comment I noticed was what he had to say about the dropping of Friedal. He couldn't see any reason why it happened. for someone who's employed as a commentator due to his "knowledge", it was ridiculous to listen to, especially as us "mere" fans could see why.

14 points from our first 7 games, of which 3 games we weren't at full strengths due to our usual tactics in the transfer window.
    promising football being played
    some great signings
    a formation that's working
    tactically pretty much spot on so far
    and an away win for the first time against united since 1989.

get AVB out!

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

AVB clearly needed to buy a keeper as Gomes is not trusted by the defence and cudicini aint what he used to be.
    He was slaughtered for not dropping Brad and could be slaughtered for dropping him.
    If he continues to do well I doubt he or anyone else at spurs will give a toss about anything Tony Gale has to say.

4. Ghoddle10

Ghoddle10 Active Member

Gale sums up so many West Ham fans I know, bitter and jealous that we're so much better than them

It was a brilliant decision to play Lloris, but rather than admit he got it totally wrong, he kept trying to justify himself, sad.

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's a bitter West Ham twat.
    Why he's given a load of our games is completely beyond me, as I'd prefer virtually anybody, including a host of ex-Arsenal players.

He mentioned Friedel being left out today potentially upsetting the squad and it was great to see the man himself beaming at the end, as we strolled to victory.
    Years of being subjected to Upton Park will do funny things to a person and it's clearly warped the saddo.

6. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

LDL is right, of course it was right for Gale or anyone else to question the timing of this decison. Big clubs do not usually drop big players, particuarly when that player is showing good form. At 3 o'clock this afternoon, I thought the decision showed poor man management and whilst I didn't hear what Gale said, I guess he thought the same.

I don't know how long Gale has been making anti-Spurs comments, but I do know that he and Harry have an intense dislike for each other, which would explain his adverse comments whilst Harry was in charge. I believe this dates back to the time when Harry succeeded his mate Billy Bonds as manager of West Ham. At the time, it was suggested Harry had knifed his "best mate" Bonds in the back to get the job, a view shared by Gale.

Harry did (unsuccessfuly) try to get Gale banned from the Lane, so maybe this has a lot to do with things.

7. Just seen a clip of the very end of the game and Gale saying that Villa - well he actually said Lambert - were unlucky!!! Not sure that is bias or just plain stupidity.......

8. O.Spurcat

I should also menton that when we played at Fulham in the FAC a couple of seasons ago (the game where we were stuffed and Dawson got sent off), Tony Gale was covering the game and came walking along in front of where we were doing our pre-match warm up which was also in front of us away fans. Gale saw Clive Allen and went "allright Clive ?". Much to the amusement of us Spurs fans within earshot, Clive said "**** off"

<laugh>. <laugh>.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Whatever the tale behind his hatred of individuals in the past it is no excuse for him being a stupid basterd who gets as much respect as you think the two words 'stupid basterd' suggests.

The Lioris situation is quite tedious now..this is a football club...there is no sentiment in AVB's choices...no matter when Lioris came in for Brad, he was going to get people moaning...it's just a different group of people moaning...all I kept on hearing today was about Brad's 310 game run coming to an end...so bloody what it was going to happen....I think Brad has taken it a bit better than some fans..judging from his demeanour on the bench.

Back on topic, Tony Gale is an arsehole who can't help but have a pop...and since it's against Spurs... The rest of the media love it.

10. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Not sure if Gale dislikes Spurs, as haven't heard much of this, but Gale LOVES Dembele, always, always paying him compliments, and saying what a fabulous player he is.

11. O.Spurcat

The Lloris situation is tedious because we have a guy on ths site (Ghoddle10) who brings it up at every oportunity, but only as an opportunity to gloat. This very same poster called our win at OT last weekend as the best win in our PL history, yet somehow manages to convince hmself that a week after this "monumental achievement" (his words, not mine), it should be perfectly acceptable to drop a top in-form member of the team.

If we were all allowed to express our views on the keeoer situation without this poster interrupting, then I am sure the debate would be far from tedious. That would hopefully prevent him from gloating and your good self from calling those of us with differing views, "AVB haters".

<ok>.

12. O.Spurcat

Possibly because Gale is also a big Fulham man and occasionally works for them as a match-day host.

13. Ghoddle10

Ghoddle10 Active Member

Gale doesn't like Spurs, he often has a dig at us. He likes Dembele to be fair to him, I wonder if he'll ever be fair to us.

So pleased he got it wrong about Lloris, and was laughing all through the game as he refused to admit it.

14. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I also thought it was the wrong decision but at the sametime I could understand it. Villa aren't a physical side anymore so it was a good opportunity for him to get blooded. Brad shouldn't be too bothered that his record has ended, he still holds the record and by some margin. I'm sure he expected his record to come to an end this season, what's in a few games?

Trouble is, now who plays the next few games? Does Brad take Lloris' role in the Europa League? Does Lloris get dropped back straight away? Eitherway I hope AVB's handled this well and both 'keepers know the score.

Oh and Gale's a twat with nothing interesting to say. You can garuntee he'll take a negative view on Spurs as often as he can. I don't know why he commentates, didn't he get in trouble for something he said on SSN a few years back?

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I don't think your an AVB hater...cautious by all means and rightly so...but not a hater.

But there are some who refuse to acknowledge anything the gaffer does...I'm afraid that's the truth and I can't help but point it out....and there are some for whom everything is 'he's good' 'he's ****' 'he's good' 'he's ****'

I had to pull up GH on the match thread for something today with regards the keeper scenario<laugh>

And when it comes to goalkeepers views I always look out for your perspective for obvious reasons <ok>

Tony Gale is still a twat though.

16. O.Spurcat

I've just remembered another Tony Gale tale invloving Spurs. Can't remember what game it was but it was at the Lane season before last. Anyway, I was based in the east stand in those days, and turned it into Paxton Road to get to the east stand. Walking towards me was Tony Gale. All of a sudden a guy yelled out from a few yards away, "Gale, you're a ****er".

<laugh>.

17. pabird

pabird Active Member

The Lioris situation is simple AVB gave him a game as he has an international coming off and needed match time, simples

18. O.Spurcat

I thought AVB's best interests are Tottenham Hotspur, not France. If what you are saying is correct, what on earth is our manager doing touching his cap to the whims of the French national team ??

19. pabird

pabird Active Member

Yes true but done for the benefit of Lioris and not the French side, as we have two world class keepers not too much of a gamble?

20. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I don't think AVB could care less about Brad's continuity record.He is the manager now and he probably wants to stay manager so the future will always be on his mind.
    Once upon a time teams kept the same 11 until someone got injured or lost form.
    It's a different game today with large groups of players at most top clubs,meaning they can expect a rotation call anytime.