1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Mowbray

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by ScotlandFanMuir, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ScotlandFanMuir

ScotlandFanMuir Well-Known Member

Just wondering the general Celtic thoughts on your manager. (Bears thoughts are welcome too)

My thoughts are that he is an absolute knob of a man. He can never take a defeat or a draw on the chin and say his team weren't up to scratch. Instead it's excuses all the time and yesterday he came out with something along the lines of:-
    ''We still have to play Rangers twice and judging by the last 2 games against them we should be looking forward to that''

If that was the manager of my club I'd be infuriated by that comment.

He has bought into a lot of 'potential' and at the moment it's hard to say if he will even be the manager to see those players blossom.

2. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

To be honest Muir i thought we had rid ourselves of those stupid post match comments of "we were better than them and created enough to win 10 games" (after a defeat) by Strachan

Im gutted Mowbray is continuing this as i felt he was correct ealrier in the year when he said they simply werent good enough.

3. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

I just wonder if this is a directive from above that the manager isn't to criticise the team in public?

Mowbray is struggling obviously. The problem I have with sacking him is that after he's bought 10 players a new manager might want another clear-out and period of transition. The only man I would trust to come in and steady the ship mid-season would be Dalglish.

4. ScotlandFanMuir

ScotlandFanMuir Well-Known Member

His comment bewildered me. Why not say your players weren't good enough and get on with it?!?

I know a lot of managers never look happy, but TM must be scraping up near the top of that leaderboard...

Do you think that his miserable ways rub off against the team and fans?

5. lone ranger

lone ranger Active Member

muir, i think maybe he realises his team are struggling confidence wise and doesnt want to knock them publicly. when they've played well they've strted to look like a good side but they dont seem to have any sort of belief. llok at the st johnstone game where they didnt play well until the sending off then they switched on and played some good football, last night (i only got to listen on the radio and watch the highlights) they seemed to lose heart and struggle to come back into the game after the equaliser and getting the goal chopped off.

p.s. he is a miserable looking ****er

6. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

The team are in poor form to say they're **** would hardly do any good!!!

I disagree that he makes excuses when we lose also, he doesn't blame refs decisions or things like that. He simply states the facts, we played well but are struggling to finish teams off. It'll take time for the team to gel with all the new faces.

We were better then Rangers in the last fixture, he is using that to say if we beat Rangers the gap is one game. Nothing wrong in trying to be positive. You an tell that he's not happy though & as soon as he's in the dressing room he's gonna rip some heads off no need to tell the whole ****ing world!!!

7. Thomas The Cat

Thomas The Cat Well-Known Member

He ****ed up big time last night, waited too long to turn the squad over and really needs to get a grip when dealing with the media.

Still happy for him to stay in the job.

8. _Jay

_Jay Member

I honestly think hes trying to do too much too soon, hes brought in alot of players but new players need time to settle, a club like Celtic you dont get time.

Rangers have went through their toughest period so far and with a large number of injuries and came out only dropping points against Hearts and Celtic, which lets be honest wasnt too bad. The fact were playing pish and still picking up points is a good sign and with our main players all due back soon I cant see us dropping many points and even if we do I have no doubts Celtic will keep dropping points aswell.

You can play all the pretty football in the world and have 2000 shots on target but at the end of the day if you dont win the game how does any of that matter ? Celtic have outplayed us in the last two Old Firm games and picked up 1 point I couldnt care if you out possessioned us.