1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Off?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Totally agree. No magic bullet is gonna happen. No knee jerk reactions, patients is a virtue.

rangercol likes this.
  2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

For those saying where would we be without TF? Possibly £250 million+ better off with the same shyte team and shyte ground and shyte training ground. Promises, promises, jam tomorrow. It's all f*cking bollox and what do we do at the end of another embarrassment of a season?

When the c*nt actually starts telling the truth and gives us a proper and costed view of the next five years and plans from top to bottom for our club I might be swayed but if he were to quit tomorrow I wouldn't miss him...

3. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

No one is saying he hasn't made mistakes- including himself, but he appointed managers in good faith and backed them to the hilt as a chairman should. The point now is if he goes then who will take over? If the Mittels wanted to run the club they would have done so from the start or anytime since, who's going to buy out a club in our position? Without heavy investment we were always going to be a mid table championship club, all this 'look at Swansea and Southampton' is bollox, for each success story there are dozens of clubs that have fallen flat on their faces trying to build success!

4. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Strange Hilt, What was the total in transfer fee's in the summer & January combined?

Kranky Loan, Chilean lads both loans, Rio free,

Sandro, Culker & Mutch Payed for.

Simpson & Mutch Sold

I make us up to the tune of a Sandro and down to the tune of a Left back. Harry is to blame for Sandro, not so sure he 'wanted' Simpson gone. I think his hand was forced.

None of our managers bought Ji sung Park or Yun Suk Yung so all I'm saying is there is no way Tony would interfere in the running of the team or transfers no way at all. Apart from the two examples stated that is.

The Money's run out and it turns out Tony isn't very good at football manager in real life.

5. Sooperhoop

He probably wasn't any good at it on a console either...

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  7. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I think everyone is assuming he's the same man that arrived 4 years ago.

I think the last months have shown a more prudent approach and I believe that the 250 million is actually 190 million due to the money that he (and the other board members) wrote off (no matter how cumbersome the entry into the accounts).

The structure of the footballing side feels more streamline and the football men at the club seem to be moving the emphasis towards the approach we want.

The results are bad at the moment (again) but I'm not sure that's the right stick to beat TF with.

8. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

If he left we'd be bankrupt even quicker. Despite his mistakes - and he's admitted to quite a few - he and his fellow shareholders give us a chance of hitting the big time, although it's going to take some time before we get there and stay there. Without this group of shareholders, we're a lower Championship side at best. He's spending his money, he's learned some valuable and expensive lessons and, in my opinion, his investment is going to be increasingly well spent.

Please leave him alone before you frighten him off.

Hoop-Leif, rangercol and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

The Mittals wanted to buy the club, but were seen as presumptuous in the eyes of Briatore and Eccles, so it became personal between those parties and that's when TF came in.

It may make me sound like a cash tart, but I want TF to stay (although he has to come up with the goods now) UNLESS Amit wants to take over with his family behind him. I just feel the Mittals will be more hard-nosed and astute in their football dealings

rangercol likes this.
  10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

He didn't back Colin to the hilt. If he had stuck with him longer we may have avoided many of the problems we have had under Hughes and Harry.

But for all his mistakes I don't want Tony to go now. I hope he maintains his enthusiasm, and keeps going, there are many worse Chairman / Club owners out there.

Hoop-Leif, rangercol and Uber_Hoop like this.

11. Sooperhoop

But has he learned? Same stupid mistakes year after year and now a complete about-turn and giving youth a chance when our youth team is shyte.

How long will his backers hold their nerve? That's the key question. Apart from a fortunately timed investment in Air Asia he hasn't been successful in his other ventures, his F1 team was an even bigger joke than QPR. I just think relegation will see him off...

12. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

When he chucked money at getting players in everyone complained that the youth players weren't given a chance, now the youth players are given a chance everyone's complaining about that! He's one of the current most successful businessmen in Asia, none of the small teams in F1 compete as they'll never match up to the established big car companies.

13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I recon Tony drives a VW Golf...

14. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Really, really, nice man. Put his money where his mouth is. He.Is obviously a good business man as he runs a successful airline.

Unfortunately, he has made a terrible job at running our football club and for that reason alone, it's a NO from me. Time to move on Tone.

15. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Exactly good reason he goes
    If this is stable then the horse has bolted

sb_73 likes this.
  16. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Cannot fault his ideas and effort of course not but the man seems to lose a lot

17. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

So when did we all become financial experts then? The owners made all the mistakes that clubs have made over and over again when they get into the Premier League. Few of you complained at the time. Tony was guilty of massive over-ambition. But as has been said, it's the managers who conned him each and very time. His biggest mistake was to go always for the big reputation. Not for him the idea of a Sean Dyche or a Nigel Worthington. No sir. TBF, he did n't always go for the crème de la crème. He fell for the hard luck stories - Harry Redknapp. A visionary in his own eyes, a manager of lengendary status denied the success he clearly feels he deserved by owners who got fed up of backing him to the hilt without any prominent success. No I haven't forgotten that he took Pompey to the FA Cup and managed to win against a Championship side and also managed to win promotion a few times. Mark Hughes - a genius with ambition which was never matched by his owners. If only he'd been given another 4 years at Citeh and another £500 million. He'd have made Champions of them. Didin't need to bring Mancini in to do that

Tone being the nice guy promised to give them what they asked for- his support and patience, lots of money and until recently the players they wanted.

The real shame is that he should always have gone for someone like Chris Ramsey or taken a chance with someone in the lower leagues used to having to balance the books and competent at putting out a team with limited funds that played like a team. And what do most on here do? Round on Ramsey because he has made mistakes and things haven't gone our way. I refuse to blame him when he has been handed such a bugger of a task

Tone got badly burned in the process but ultimately has got what he deserved. The 180 degree turn by us against him leads me to think we got what we deserved also because the majority on here were behind him all the way and urging him to keep splashing the cash and keep on going for the big names.

Hoop-Leif, Sparkranger, UTRs and 4 others like this.
  18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Tony loves all the attention he can get. Just another post like the one where he said he would leave if the fans wanted him out. Only way he will leave is if the New Stadium goes 't@ts up' other than that they will be earning a fortune with the development so i wouldn't worry about it.

19. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Brawn F1?

20. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

That's an awful example, Brawn bought out Honda F1 'an established big car company', then put Mercedes 'an established big car company' engines in it, the same Mercedes who purchased the race team off Brawn after one season further proving that they could not compete even when successful, you've only highlighted my point there!