1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Toon Fan In Peace.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Jesus Was A Geordie, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Last year was the lowest we've sank since I've been an active Newcastle fan (I'm only a young'n so Keegan and co. popped my cherry). at 6:1 down to Leyton Orient and with a season of 'haha you deserve it' chants on the cards, it was not a nice time to wear the black and white stripes...

The thing is though, last year was possibly my favourite season as a Newcastle fan, certainly for the past 3 or 4 years! Of course winning games and scoring goals was nice, but the main thing that stood out for me was the quality of the opposition fans...It's a well discussed fact that 2 of the best were yourselves and the Posh.

As a grateful Newcastle fan, I can only say how gutted I am for you lot that this current financial situation is ripping the heart out of your underserving club! The FA harp on about wanting to help the 'historical' clubs, yet happily punish you...Thing is though, it's not the players (they can move on) or the owner/chairman (clearly doesn't give a ****) who suffers. It's the fans. It's you!

Truly, truly sorry for you lads...But as the old adage goes - Keep The Faith!

2. McLarenBluebird

As a Cardiff fan working in Plymouth, I share the sentiments that its an awful shame what it is happening to the club. Went there to see the Bluebirds play, and the fans don't deserve what has happened to club by mismanagement and the lack of caring by the Japanese owners.

I really hope that the club pulls through, not only because its the local club to me, but because of the fans and the fact the club deserved better

3. greenjock

greenjock Member

Thanks guys. Its good to know real football fans everywhere dont want to see clubs go under. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season there will always be an Argyle.

4. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

5. Aldridge_Prior

Aldridge_Prior Active Member

All the best guys, sterling fans last year, you really don't deserve this. If only it were Man Utd in your position...

Seriously though, good luck and thank you <ok>

6. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks toon army, you have been magnificent as have been the wednesdayites - even though we beat them today :)

It aint over 'till the fat lady sings

COYG
    AWTL

7. The Baron Von Habbs

The Baron Von Habbs New Member

its a shame that these measures used by the FA are more of about setting an example to clubs who are maybe thinking about risking spending big rather than helping the clubs that are already struggling with their finances... :(

8. Yardley Tiger

Yardley Tiger Active Member

As a Hull City supporter you have my sympathy and it distresses me greatly to read about your financial problems as we were in a similar situation recently. Fortunately a LOCAL benefactor and supporter stepped forward and with our new manager and staff we are doing quite well now financially and as a team. Everything is once again under control. Surely there is one person in the great city of Plymouth who has the means to change the financial situation of Plymouth Argyle and put the Club on the right track again?

9. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

You are a big club, You will bounce back when you get new owners and great investment.