1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Toothless Tiger

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Idi Amin, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. Had the unfortunate experience of having a tooth removed yesterday (upper right 4 for you budding dentists) and was considering an Implant. Think I would prefer an implant as it does not effect any other teeth like a bridge does etc. The tooth had previously had a root canal done and was too damaged for a crown so removal was my only option. It is just one tooth too close to the front otherwise I would not be arsed, but you can half see the gap if on the rare occasion i crack a half smile.

Has anyone had an implant or know someone who has, what was your experience of them, cost etc. Looking online around the hull area, they don't give too much away on prices. any recommendation and advice is appreciated.

Cheers Guys.....2-1 City today! I will be the gormless, toothless idiot screaming random **** in the stands.

2. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

lose weight, buy some dungarees, learn the bango and sit in a rocky chair. Its cheaper than an implant.

3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Stop ****ing smiling then!
    To be fair the club is buying you a bit of time to decide though, I can't imagine any City related smiling for a while

4. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about our goal scoring or lack thereof.

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

My mate had a couple of tooth implants. They lasted a couple of weeks, then fell out. NHS like. Don't worry though that was years ago, there'll be better these days.

Hull City AFC 3 Brighton 0.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Just live with it mate.

7. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Get a gold implant, fills the gap and a good investment.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They're bloody expensive, usually £1,000-2,000, depending on how pricey your dentist is.

9. dennisboothstash

Close...but no cigar!

Kempton likes this.
  10. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I was once biting nut shells open.

I shattered a tooth.

I pulled it out with pliers.

I stuck a chrome spike in its place, heated with a flamethrower and just pushed it in. Still there now.

Happy Tiger likes this.

11. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Try Dental Tourism - meaning go to Budapest for a few days. High quality, fantastic prices compared to U.K. and over here in Canada. They come over to London for "consultation" and will be honest enough to advise if implant or bridge is better. I had 7 done...saved me thousands of dollars plus had a holiday in the UK & Hungary into the bargain.

I presume they are still in business...check 'em out: I was there for treatment about 6 years ago.

http://www.smilesavershungary.co.uk/client-testimonials/

PS: Stayed in a bloody good hotel (decent price) a couple of minutes from the "Iron Bridge" (Englishmen built it just before & during the revolution/invasion & is a hero in Hungary). as seen in the following video.
    Hotel was called "Art Hotel". Dentist's sent a free driver to pick me up on the days I needed treatment.
    Interesting place Budapest if you've never been before. Think I used Easyjet or Ryan Air to get there & back from England.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel...t_otel_budapest-Budapest_Central_Hungary.html

a few more vid clips

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  12. dennisboothstash

Is it worth a trip?
    I've been asked to go there next month for work

13. tigerscanada

I loved it. Lots of history (site-seeing if that's your bag), in the city (two cities I suppose),on the Danube and close to Czech & Slovak republics, Austria etc if you want to travel a bit whilst there. Some great bars & clubs. Reasonable prices, but that may have changed I suppose. Most people in the hospitality industry are pretty good with speaking/understanding English. Fair bit of tourism (I was there in May) and are very friendly.
    The only thing I was told to watch out for were the rival "gangs" as there has been a lot come into the city from former communists (Russian) states. I saw nothing of that when I was there 6 years ago, but then I was not looking for drugs or naughty ladies (on that trip) 'cos I was toothless for a week !! Talked to quite a few locals in a couple of bars about football naturally ( Puscas etc etc).
    Lots of armed cops mind, if that puts you off !
    PS. Their language is impossible to understand

14. dennisboothstash

Nice one, cheers
    If I go it will only be for a few days but useful to know

tigerscanada likes this.
  15. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Have the ****in lot out and have a nice Adams fireplace fitted. Either that or kitchen units.

16. tigerscanada

...or these income generating pearlys...

17. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about implants but I have had a bridge, when I was 16 and a not too shabby wicket keeper I got smacked in the mouth, I was way too close to the wickets. Came to in hull royal, had no ****ing idea where I was. Both my front teeth were smashed. A cpl of weeks later when my rather large lips went down and I could walk straight, my mother took me to a dentist in hessle. I remember he had bloody awful breath when he leaned over, oh and he was as gay as a nine bob note apparently. God knows how he got that smelly breath??? Anyway my mum said just fit a pallet but he said he would do a bridge, it would be on the NHS so we wouldn't have to pay and it would be permanent... What he didn't say was that I would lose two teeth either side, ****ing 6 in total and that the thing would fall out less than a year later... I now have a gap the size of the channel tunnel.... No ****ing way get a bridge...****ing dentists !!!!

Idi Amin likes this.
  18. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Was I suppose to laugh? Because it's F'king funny that <laugh>

19. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Implants or a bridge !!! **** that, go for a pallet.....

20. Hornsea_HCAFC

Hornsea_HCAFC Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply, just logged on after the weekend;
    I’m in the same boat as you as I lost my left upper number 1 last summer, as I had to have the crown and root extracted.

I sent numerous email enquiries to companies registered with the British Dental Association, and most of them were quoting £2,000 – 2,400, plus practices in Hull were also in this price bracket. However there is a practice called Dental Care Plus that were quoting £1,395, and they have an office in Manchester.

I also got a ridiculously cheap quote from Hungary of around 750 Euros, but I didn’t follow this up.

However, I chose to go with a practice in Cyprus as I was already going there on my hols – their price was 1300 Euros, which at the time equated to around £900.
    I’ve had the implant in since last August, and am going back shortly to have the crown fitted – It’s a long drawn out affair which I could have had done quicker in the UK, but it’s a good excuse to get away for a week or so.