1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Tosh, goss 'n twaddle - Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

This is an interesting one. A year and a half ago Man was linked with Man U, Totts, Roma. He looks decent on paper; speed, dribbling, scoring. I can't find where he's had a bad injury. So, why the lack of interest from other PL teams now?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/07/manc...-confirms-steaua-bucuresti-president-7613271/

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't mean it as he'd had a particularly bad injury, just that we missed around 3 months of the season through a couple of (different) moderate ones. It was to explain the fact that his number of games played wouldn't indicate a full season. When he was fit, he played.

3. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. You're referring back to your post #68. I forgot about that one, and was only responding to post #78. I'm just looking for a reason interest has cooled on the player.

4. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

If we did have representatives watching Dennis Man last night, they saw him play 90 mins in a 1-0 win.

5. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Romanian media claiming that #NCFC have also enquired about a possible deal for 22yo midfielder Darius Olaru. Becali values him at €10m, with Man at €15m.

Becali being quite a, err, character, is apparently happy to talk openly with the press about transfer dealings too:

"BREAKING: Norwich's offer for Dennis Man was £5m, way below what Becali was hoping. Becali: 'They said he is not worth 15m. I told them to pay me 10m and 5 in clauses, they said they would think about it'."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Sorensen interest seems legit, given he's openly giving interviews to the Danish media about it....

Esbjerg midfielder Jacob Lungi Sorensen is interesting Norwich City.

Bold.dk reports the 22 year-old is the subject of negotiations between the two clubs.

Indeed, talks are so advanced that Sorensen has insisted he won't have a problem playing for the Canaries in the Championship next season.

"Now they are probably going down, but the Championship is a big league, and I would be happy if this was the opportunity," Lungi told jv.dk.

"The Premier League cannot be avoided. I haven't seen much of the Championship, other than the relegation matches, which are shown on Danish TV. But it's a big league. Many big and historic clubs and many spectators at the stadium, so it could be mega thing to get over there."

7. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Romanian Football Gossip Twitter is either very good, or very, very crap...

A few big things in here. If we can't sign Man, we will go for Real's Oscar Rodriguez. Real willing to loan him to us for a year with an option to sign permanently for 15m (on promotion). Norwich also want to sign Duda for another year on loan. #NCFC
    Quote Tweet

please log in to view this image

gabriel chirea

@gabrielchirea
    · 2h
    Daca nu il cumpara pe Dennis Man, Norwich vrea sa oferteze un jucator de la Real Madrid! https://sport.ro/anglia/daca-nu-il-...sa-oferteze-un-jucator-de-la-real-madrid.html

8. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Duda for another year ? I bloody hope not !

Bure budgie likes this.
  9. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

<ok> Duda played at CM in the seven matches immediately prior to suspension of the season. In that spell we averaged a point a game compared to 0.6 ppg for the preceding 22 games. Duda was among the top rated players in all seven matches. Has lockdown affected people's memories? It's certainly affected player performance, including Duda's.

10. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

11. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Apparently while watching Dennis Man we were also watching his team mate Darius Olaru. Another attacking midfielder.

12. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Farke in the presser, when asked about transfers, basically said £10m+ fees are laughable for us, but I'd be surprised if that's news to anybody.

13. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Wigan's "administration" is leading to player sales to cover the wage bill, £500k for 18 year old Jensen Weir to Brighton.

I do wonder if there's anyone in their academy we'd be sniffing around.

14. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Several posters have suggested that our talented youngsters would do well to stay and use the coming season to develop further. It isn't obvious to me that another season with us in the Championship will provide what they need for their development. They need better, more experienced players around them, and from the names we are being linked to I don't see that forthcoming.

15. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Michael Bailey has confirmed that Sorensen is a done deal.

robbieBB and ncgandy like this.
  16. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

This looks like a good deal. A solid and versatile player (CM, DM or CB) who presumably has been well scouted and cost around £2m. Man would look a much greater risk for a lot more money, but if Buendia does leave for big money, it could make sense. I agree with Robbie about Duda, a skilful player who looked good before the break but has been affected by the general drain in confidence since the restart. I'd like to see him make a fresh start next season where he could shine through.

robbieBB likes this.
  17. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

After today’s performance, I don’t think many of us would be too troubled by the sale of Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis. Perhaps Zimmerman and Hanley will prove more than capable in Championship along with Byram. Klose looks well of the pace and may need further fitness and training. If these players are sold then perhaps we could draft in some solid defenders of the ‘they shall not pass’ variety with height on their side.

18. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

To be fair to them, those youngsters fared rather well in the Championship too. Swapping them for a few burly journeymen is not my idea of progress.

DHCanary likes this.
  19. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Not thinking of journeymen. Our defence was shaky last season and was compensated by our attack. We only took on board Byram who strikes me as a solid defender. If I recall correctly, we had the fifth worst defence in the Championship last season and it has only been added to by Byram.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  20. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I agree we need someone to toughen them up at the back, but personally, I wouldn't want to see all the youngsters leave. Having said that, they probably will anyway!

zogean_king and SuffolkCanary like this.