1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Tosh, goss 'n twaddle - Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 26, 2020.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting line in the Webber interview on the club website. Our most expensive player in the last 3 years cost £3.5m (I think that's Emi as £1.5m + £2m in bonuses? Or Hanley?), and there's a chance we could break that this summer.

Currently no bids on the table for any of our youngsters, but we can afford to buy without selling. Despite about a £20m hole in the finances due to Covid. He talks about how the £20m for a championship player, when we needed the cash (Maddison) sets the benchmark for any sales. So essentially Emi, Cantwell won't be going for less.

Likely to be some turnover in the squad to freshen things up.

"I did think to myself as I sat on a rammed plane to Romania for three and a half hours last week why can’t we sit in a football stadium outside for 90 minutes?" - so Dennis Man talk appears genuine.

2. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Cantwell will go as well if there is a bid about £25m.

3. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

AC Milan are the latest club to be linked with Godfrey. I am fairly certain that he will be one departure. If say, Cantwell and Aarons also depart we will be struggling to make seven home grown players in our match day squad, or is it more now?

4. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Norwich City boss Daniel Farke has confirmed that midfielder Ondrej Duda has returned to parent club Hertha Berlin.

Duda had initially joined on loan in January, but following confirmation of City’s relegation and discussions between all parties an agreement to allow the Slovakian international to return to Germany has been reached.

Farke said: “We were in talks in the last two days and allowed this to happen. It's the right decision for all parties as they're already in their summer break in Germany.

“He's a top bloke and so we allowed his wish. He never complained and was a top professional, always in a good mood. He's a fantastic character."

Duda made a total of 12 appearances for City.

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Superman's predictions haven't been too accurate in the past. All of our young players have been linked with departures in previous windows. I trust SW to handle any approaches.

6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

New link, young winger from Poland: Przemyslaw Placheta

Hope that comes off just to hear commentators butcher his name repeatedly.

7. RiverEndRick

Chris Goreham will love that!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    ncgandy likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

10. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

So its Placheta and Sorensen? plus a few others that I have seen being banded about on the NewsNow website. Farke and SW are not wasting any time in bringing in new faces. Perhaps some of the old faces are destined for pastures new?

11. RiverEndRick

Emi has said that he's happy at Norwich and that he'll honour his contract.

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Yes, I know.
    But let's wait and see the response if the reported interest from Atletico Madrid comes to anything. :emoticon-0112-wonde

13. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Bali Mumba apparently done, Sebastian Soto done but not allowed to work in the UK for a while. Dennis Man clearly ongoing, with Webber annoyed at the way his Romanian counterpart goes about his business.

Talk of a natural evolution of the squad from Webber is interesting. Clearly feels there's underperformers in the squad he'll want to move on, as well as the expected debate around our youngsters.

For me, Drmic has question marks over him, and Leitner leaving seems a foregone conclusion. I wonder whether our CB options will be reconsidered? Can we manage with Klose and Hanley when it seems like one or both are crocked most of the time? From the periphery I wouldn't be suprised to see Heise, Thompson, Morris, Raggett leave permanently.

RiverEndRick and CitySlicker2010 like this.
  14. RiverEndRick

Drmic has never had a run of games to settle in. He's started a couple of games recently without showing much, but then neither did most of our players. He must be showing something in training for DF to start him, so we'll have to wait and see. The four leavers look right to me. Given that we'll be a league lower, I can't see that many leaving as they've proved themselves in the Championship.

15. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Rather than forcing his way into the team in training, I think Drmic's three recent starts simply reflected DF's experimentation with a longer passing game, an experiment which has proved no more successful than what it replaced. Hence the more recent reversion to Stiepermann plus Pukki. Drmic is hardly recognisable as the player I've watched playing for Switzerland; he used to have pace, and often played out wide.

16. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Platcheta deal progressing.

17. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Dan O'Hagan's pronunciation guide:

Shemaswaf Pwa-keta, pronunciation fans! His current team is Shlosk Vrotswaf. No idea how that’ll sound in a Norfolk accent! His nickname “Plaku” is much easier..

18. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how Carlton Morris is still with us. He must be at least 25 now and for six or more years has been on loan. That is ludicrous to say the least.

19. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Thompson might stand a chance of staying, but would it be worth it with his unfortunate injury record.

Ragget could be the bullying defender we need with two ball playing defenders either side to build moves.

Morris has been here a long time and never broken into the first team, unfortunately I don’t see it being next season either. Although him and Idah could be a handful.

20. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Not sure what the contract situation is with Raggett. Officially his Norwich deal expired at the end of June. That created some doubt as to whether he could appear in the Play-offs for Portsmouth in July - how can you be on loan from a club you don't have a deal with? That was resolved so that he could play, so maybe we gave him another month.

Either way, if his form in League 1 was good enough this season for Farke/Webber to think he might have a future at the club, you'd think they'd have been looking at his contract before the final month of it. I suspect he's a free agent this summer.