1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Dec 4, 2020.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

GET HIM!!!

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

burn-him-burn-him-with-fire.jpg

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes, ladies and gents! Season 3, episode 3 of DH's Away Days is back for an NLD Special. This week, I head to Arsenal Mania for (a laugh) to read what our neighbours have been saying.

PRE MATCH:

No need too much respect on Sp**s in my opinion they not liverpool city or even chelsea to go extra defensive against the.
    How you respecting us now, bruh?

We are back! Arteta going to bring us the W on Sunday
    Sorry pal but Jose is giving you the L.

If Partey back our chances of coming out from Sp**s game with good result is huge.
    Ermmmm...

Knowing Jose he'll park the bus until we get frustraded, then hit us on the counter with Son.
    Even their fans knew what would happen and yet Arteta walked straight into it!

Trying to be optimistic, but without thomas the midfield is a shambles.
    With Thomas it weren't any better, pal.

(On Lacazette being selected) He should, he’s a fighter. He’ll combat spuds.
    Barely noticed him apart from his constant falling over and complaining.

FIRST HALF:

First pass = out of play ffs
    Felt the pressure early on.

Gives it straight away. Lol how **** do you need to be to do that at kick off.
    Very ****.

Laca and Højbjerg seems to hate each other.
    Hojbjerg hates everyone not in a Spurs shirt. Our Viking.

**** me I hate Son
    I love him.

Jesus, what a finish.
    No his name's Son but they're quite similar.

Ffs. Kane and Son’s first proper linkup results in a goal. Lovely.
    Ballerz!

He's just amazing really isn't he, Son.
    Yes, yes he is.

Probably best not to stand off quality players and let them shoot.
    You'd have thought so, eh?

Can’t believe LASK looked more threatening against this team.
    Well that's because they're better...

We've actually been better than Sp**s bar their goal, which was quality
    ***followed immediately by***
    FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK OFFFFF
    <laugh>

Absolutely dreadful. Aubameyang does that and Kane goes on to do that.
    Levels.

How can Sp**s score without crossing 33 times first?
    You'll notice a recurring theme about crosses as I go on. Let's just say they don't seem to be a fan of Arteta's style, lol.

Jose coaching circles around Crapteta.
    He dicked the master over a couple weeks ago, the apprentice never stood a chance.

Like I side I'm done with Arteta if he keeps giving Xhaka a starting spot. ARTETA OUT!
    And so it begins.

I hate what this club has become. This is heartbreaking to watch.
    Heartbreaking for you, hilarious for the rest of the footballing world.

Sp**s have elite players in Kane and Son. 2 elite attackers. I wonder how that feels.
    It feels great, it really does.

Arteta out. Emery got sacked for less than this pathetic bullshit week after week
    GOOD EBENING!

Bellerin to blame for both goal. Useless forward and defensively.
    I've said for years he was gash, Piskie refused to have it (until recently I think). Mystic DH.

Arteta out Pochettino in.
    Poch wouldn't be so stupid.

Kane and Son’s combination is very deadly..telephatic
    They really are a joke this season, has to be said.

Partey gonna be another flop we are cursed ffs
    I will piss my pants if he is. Poor guy's former club is top of La Liga too, bet he's loving that!

That must be Kane’s 100th goal against us.. why is it always the players I hate the most that score against us every game.
    Harry takes a liking to boiling the piss of rival fans.

Aubameyang has been absolutely abysmal. Shocking performance.
    You said it.

SECOND HALF:

We are so lacking in quality, a mile behind the likes of Kane and Son.
    In fairness to you, many other teams are when it comes to these two.

We are paying Auba, Laca, Willian, and Özil more than a million per week. Has to be one of the worst run clubs in the history of the game.
    Oooof!

The moment you realize that Son has more goals and assist than the whole of our team.
    Ouch!

Xhaka is that one guy you always play against in a pub league who thinks he's the next Pirlo.
    Pub Pirlo! I used to be one of those guys <laugh>

Who said Mourinho was finished?
    He's just getting started.

Mourinho gone 5 at the back. Now we cannot even get those useless crosses in.
    Told you they don't like this crossing tactic.

Holjberg what a signing
    What a signing indeed.

Another poor cross
    See!

Some said "City and Liverpool are crossing a lot too", but they are crossing from good positions not from ****'n everywhere.
    The best one yet <laugh>

Sp**s absolutely toying 100%. We can go at this for another 90 and we won’t score.
    Only another 90?

Sp**s 0 attempts in this half. Mou is pathetic. Please don't call this **** show mou masterclass. We are just ****.
    Then a response of
    Are they winning or losing 2 nil?
    :emoticon-0136-giggl

POST MATCH:

Leno - 3
    Bellerin - 3
    Holding - 3
    Gabriel - 3
    Tierney - 3
    Xhaka - 1
    Partey - 4
    Lacazette - 4
    Aubameyang - 1
    Willian - 2
    Saka - 3
    How the **** you giving a guy that bottled it and walked off before half time one of the joint highest scores for your team? <laugh>

Are people moaning about mou tactics here when they’re 2-0 up when we have Arteta in charge?
    Getting the feeling Arteta isn't getting much love...

Bellerin is more concerned about the next cover of GQ rather than learning how to take a throw in.
    <laugh>

Hurts losing to Sp**s anytime but that rat Mourinho being manager makes it worse.
    Double whammy, love it.

Bring back Ozil.
    You literally can't at the moment, £350k a week and he ain't even registered <laugh>

Mourinho will sleep with the biggest smug smile tonight. ****ing hell.
    please log in to view this image

4. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

<applause>

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

6. humanbeingincroydon

I have to say, back in 2016-17 when we were 1-0 down to Swansea in the 87th minute and won 3-1, I genuinely thought that we might actually win the league

Typical that was the one season where Conteball actually worked for a whole season...

7. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

No sound but at this point you can see so many Arsenal hearts breaking

IMG_20201207_194537.jpg

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have some glamorous names, sure, but the truth is very few of our players are good enough. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Auba's form has nosedived since he signed the new deal. A part of this is down to how few chances we create (we are 18th in the league for chances created), but he's also not running or working as hard as he was before, and that's become evident in his performances.

I agree we should be better than 15th, and this is where Arteta has to take the blame, as we're not doing any of the things that were working well before, and his reluctance to drop certain players is beyond stubborn. Equally, I also believe 60%-70% of our squad won't have us competing where we want to be. These players will perform every so often, but the old frailties will rear their ugly head because they don't have the right mentality or quality to perform consistently.

Frankly, most of the players who partook in the Baku horrorshow shouldn't be part of the current Arsenal team.

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Jesus, what a finish.
    No his name's Son but they're quite similar.

I actually find this (including your response) quite offensive. Flippant comparisons of very different figures is not acceptable, Like Jesus could run through the whole Burnley team and score. Not similar at all.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

11. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

I’m usually very critical of Spurs but there does seem to be something a bit different about the club in the last few weeks which gives me a belief that finally they might get over the line

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

i-will-look-for-you-i-will-find-youand-i-will-hurt-you.jpg

13. humanbeingincroydon

Let me guess, r/soccer are using this to say Hojbjerg is a suicide bomber in the making?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  14. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

Whisper it...!

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

It was reported that there was a 'clear the air' session last week and that Arteta left the players to sort it out amongst themselves. They can be a solution but it's a risky strategy. I was in one of those once, it was a ****ing bloodbath. It resolved nothing and there were feuds for a very long time after.

On Sunday, there was no sign of it having worked. All of the old failings were on show from the all too familiar faces. I don't think that he's lost the dressing room but the forwards look like they've zero faith in the way you're playing.
    I'm sceptical of managers who only have one way of playing. Continally crossing the ball into 2 players who don't want to head it...? Well, at best, it's ****ing ridiculous.

Arsenal can't go out and buy a new team with Arteta type players. If he's going to be there next season, someone needs to mark his card and get them giving the ball in front of Aubameyang.

Unfortunately for you, his appointment was a punt and he's got his work cut out getting European football next season. If he ****s that up, you'll be rebuilding on what you can raise from sales...and it's a long way back from there unless you've got a Kane in your youth set up.

Merry Christmas!

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

It’s tricky, isn’t it. City do technically ‘cross’ a lot but their most dangerous moments are when they work the ball to the wingers into the inside channels and cut back for a striker or midfielder (or score themselves) or KDB crosses from deep and a runner nicks onto it. Arsenal just lumped the ball into the box and it was always going to be an ask for their forwards to beat our CBs and Lloris in those scenarios.

City cross from short distance, usually on the ground, in fluid, dangerous situations, and we completely denied the opportunity for Arsenal to try and do the same thanks to Højbjerg, Sissoko and the FBs. You can’t totally equate City and what Arteta wants to do at Arsenal but I think it’s a similar concept.

You almost feel that they should have let us have more of the ball but I guess Arteta reckons their defence and midfield isn’t up to the task of shutting us out for 90 mins. So a perfect storm for him really, damned if he dominates possession and exposes them on the counter, and damned if he lets us have the ball, as Jose is comfortable doing.

17. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

If forgot to add my 2p worth, both comments of which have probably been made already. Anyway, firstly how did Xhaka go so long before getting booked? The ref wasn't the worst be any means but for a while it looked like there was nothing he could do to get a yellow. Secondly has the back pass rule been abandoned? There was an absolutely nailed on back pass in the second half that was just ignored. And when I thought about it I can't remember the last time I saw one penalised. It didn't make a difference on this occasion, but it could have done.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

“It’s like Aubameyang gets worse every time his hairline recedes!” <laugh><laugh>

19. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

You're spot-on re the back pass. The laws of the game are optional now. Officials punish what they want according to their mood or their allegiance. It's ruining the sport but as long as the money rolls in...

Mourinho's response was to burst into laughter and do a thumbs up to the official.

20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I think we don't see it become an issue because modern players - especially goalkeepers - have grown up with the rule and it is second nature. That said, the Arsenal one was a nailed on back pass. Like everyone else watching it, I can't fathom why it wasn't given. Unless taken quickly though, they are very hard to capitalise on. The whole defending team usually gets back on the line.