1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Oct 13, 2017.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

When a Man Utd supporter is sharper than you,
    you have to consider your position as Spurs 606
    moderator.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh> <grr>

3. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I think Poch was remarkably upbeat about his team which struggled to a win against the second bottom club. I along with others here am now a tad concerned about Alli and also Son who was substituted, both have lost effectiveness recently. I'm happy Lamela is returning for this very reason.

For me we MUST improve our Wembley form because I don't know for how long this polarisation between "home" and away form will continue. Had we beaten Swansea and Burnley we'd be top of the league and we're where we are because of our away form which is saving us from mid table nowhere. We all know we have a weakness or two so as I said, welcome back Lamela, he just might be the answer.

4. RRich

RRich Well-Known Member

At the game yday.

It was quiet.

So quiet that I had to whisper to my wife to pass over my prawn sandwich. I'm sure everyone in the stand would have heard otherwise.

5. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Reading many of the posts here, if I didn’t know the score from yesterday I could have thought that we had lost the game so much negativity here. A couple of good seasons and people seem to think that we have divine right to turn up and not just beat but thrash every team we play.

Successful teams (something we are striving to become) win matches when not playing at their best, and we weren’t that bad yesterday, not at our free flowing best for sure but better than Bournemouth, who are a better team than their league position suggests, the goal scoring machine that is Man City also only beat them a by a single (hugely dubious in their case) goal.

So Hugo made a couple of saves yesterday the first one off of the deflection was incredible, but that is what he is paid the big bucks for, you have a goalkeeper for a reason and Hugo owed us that for the 2nd Chelsea goal. Let’s not suggest that save was the result of Bournemouth carving us open it was a lucky deflection from a corner that could have gone anywhere. The 2nd save from Defoe was not really difficult, but still needed making and Hugo deserves credit for his overall performance.

Great results elsewhere mean that we strengthened our position in 3rd and we have not really hit top gear yet, I am certainly not going to criticise the manager or worry about him to too upbeat about us winning, I feel sure that he knows we can play better and the players will be made well aware of this, but equally they did not need a public a dressing down after a match that we won and dominated in every facet of it.

6. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Should we have an election?

7. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I thought we set up the right way with 4 at the back and looking to outmanoeuvre the opponent's defence in the centre. There was 3 or 4 occasions early on where a player had broke free only for the ball to be a few feet too far ahead of them. I think it was just a lack of quality that has inflicted us in most games. Maybe it's the pressure playing at "home", I hope not though and it's just part of us struggling to get to form. 3 goals in 4 home games and 12 in 4 away games is a worrying disparity though.

I was more disappointed with how we played after the goal, we had the advantage and switched to a more solid 3 at the back yet we didn't keep the ball well and were useless at repelling their attacks.

The atmosphere's ****. I think fans just see this as a season to get through. If we were staying permanently then I'm sure there would be more effort but at the moment it feels more like wasted energy trying to make a **** designed ground our own for such a short amount of time. That's the way I feel anyway. I don't think I've heard a really good round of "oh when the Spurs" at Wembley since the group opener against Monaco last season and I think that's barometer for our fans.

8. No Kane No Gain

Personally, I don't think we should look to injuries as an excuse but since Jose was whining about only being able to pick an £80mill midfield pair and Antonio "you have to spend to be ambitious" Conte is complaining about an injury crisis...

Today we had Davies, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele and Lamela all out. That's our starting midfield, both left backs and arguably our starting right winger(if we're playing 4231). Not easy for an unambitious side like us to cope with that.

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Definitely missing both Wanayama and Dembele. The midfield just doesn't look as secure or dominant without them.

Miss Rose's pace down the left at times too. Handy attacking weapon to have.

10. No Kane No Gain

I thought Winks and Dier did pretty well. Jan tried but didn't have the skill when he got forward, as much as we missed Rose's pace, Davies was just as big of a miss given how well he was playing.

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I wouldn't worry mate, Spurcat still loves Kyle "The Snake" Walker more than any current Spurs player so you can tell the logic the fella has.

The Pochettino jibes are just laughed off by most of us now, pretty much to the point where when you see Poch's name mentioned in his post, an automatic motion of "skip the comment" occurs in your head.

12. The RDBD

There should be a referendum on whether to have an election.

Citizen Kane likes this.
  13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

OK organise it

14. The RDBD

Nonsense.

What is happening is that PL teams are coming to Wembley
    and all effectively playing the same way. And after 4 games
    the team is still not dealing with it, even though the measures
    are obvious.

So I expect Pochettino, as COACH and MANAGER, to be
    working effectively on the means to overcome this one problem.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  15. The RDBD

I already did. You lost the referendum (again) .

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

First 45 minutes of the game should probably never be mentioned again. It was pretty painful.

Second 45 was much better and we should've ended the game with probably two more goals.

Slick stuff from the Viking to slot into the bottom corner with his left foot, funnily enough I was talking before the match about how Eriksen, Kane and Son are very ambidextrous and thankfully the Great Dane made it look like I actually understand a bit about football :biggrin:.

Thought Jan played class in his secondary role at LB and was MOTM.

Sissoko too again impressed, two great runs when he came on that should've resulted in assists for Alli and GK - on that note, hope GK is good, I sit right behind that goal and you could see the impact of his head smacking the ground.

1-0 or 5-0, I'll take them all, especially at Wembley.

17. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

I won't take 1-0 against a bottom club without thinking something's wrong.

18. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

OK stand for election

19. No Kane No Gain

This aint Catalonia, they can stick their vote, mods have a lifetime term #FakeNews

:D

20. The RDBD

I am in Farage mode.
    I only got the referendum and the result I wanted.
    Any subsequent election chaos is simply not my problem. :)