1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

There's never been an issue about Sissoko's work rate and attitude. A real Pro but at last we are seeing the Sissoko from his Newcastle days.
    The last few games his control, desicion making and passing have improved imeasureably. You don't look through the gap in your figures now when he's in possession.

An excellent win and fully deserved. Yes we didn't create a lot but this is a very organised Palace side who rarely get outplayed.
    Sissoko definitely MOTM as others have said and Foyth superb again.
    Wanyama looked ok and Davies showing recently the form of last season.

Fingers crossed we get some players back from injury and a fit and firing Eriksen back into the fold.

2. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Don't know. Local derby isn't it so anything can happen. City didn't bang them in against us as they have been against lower opposition and seeing as Utd are on a roll they won't score highly against them either. Really wouldn't surprise me to see a Utd win.

deedub93 likes this.
  3. Agreed. However, you just know that a dry humping is on the cards .

4. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

One thing I have always known about that universe where Moussa Sissoko is an exceptional Prem player - it was never one of the ones where he was playing on the bloody wing! Seriously wonder if Dembele's injury might be a blessing in disguise. If it's gonna click with Sissoko it'll be with him in the middle of the park, space either side of him, licence to get here there and everywhere. And if Wanyama can also get back on form those two could be incredible (whilst, I still have to admit, it could also be bloody dreadful).

5. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Too true, I forecast 4-0 to Citeh in the prediction league, but wtf do I know? I've only got 3 results right so far and Spurs to beat Palace and the Spam not to win ain't rocket science.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

7. humanbeingincroydon

Hmm, I'm trying to remember, is there anything else worth mentioning about the 1950-1 season?

maggie blanchflower likes this.
  8. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Didn't England lose a World Cup game to those upstarts USA in 1950?

redwhiteandermblue likes this.
  9. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Well, after the reasonable success of "DH's trip to the oppositions' board", I thought I'd bring you part 2 today, this week, DH visits the holmesdale forum. Unfortunately, today's episode isn't as juicy I'm afraid, Palace just don't really hold much hate for us.

Pre Match:

Nothing of note really. All spoke at how they expected a hammering as "Wilf" was out.

During:

"Lloris is playing like Wayne last season, it would be criminal if we didn't get one past him."
    You are under arrest on suspicion of failing to score a goal against Hugo Lloris. You do not have to say anything...

"Lloris looks as dodgy as f***."
    Yeah but only us Spurs fans are allowed to say that, alright, mate?! Besides, this'll come back to bite you.

"All set up for a spurs goal in the last 12 minutes. Hope im wrong."
    West Ham had a psychic the other week, seems Palace also have one of their own.

**Two minutes after the above comment was posted - Foyth makes it 1-0**
    "Well that just proves Ayew for what he is. A journeyman footballer picking up a wage. Stood there and could
    not have given a rat’s crap."

You'll find that like Ogbonna with the West Ham faithful, Ayew is definitely Palace's go-to guy for criticism.

"Forget my last question. off to the pub to get p...ssed."

Crack on, brother, mine's a Stella!

"Can we send him back to Swansea in Jan ? I'm sure we can crowdfund the trip."

That's nice of them, willing to pay for Ayew to have a holiday.

"Ayew can f*** off tbh. At fault for the goal and has looked zero goal threat whatsoever in ten games now. Get out of our squad."

Yep, another anti-Ayew post.

"Ayew is a disgrace and a liability. Zero fight, zero care. Quicker he is gone the better."

To be honest I could post about another 100 anti-Ayew comments, these were just some of the best.

"We must be properly awful to have let Foyth score. He looked absolutely dire against Wolves."
    He didn't, he just got ****ed by Tripps for the first pen and then made a bad call for the second in another-wise steady game... You lot are awful though.

After the game:
    "Tbf their keeper has saved them "
    Told you that comment would come back to bite you.

"You guys still think that Sissoko from Tottenham is sh*t? "
    Hahaaa, yeah motherfuckers! Say something bad about him now, I dare ya!

**To finish, get ready for a proper rant, ladies and gents**
    "never read so much crap in my life last 4 games we was unlucky, everyone today worked hard, yet you bunch of w***ers want blood,what millions have you paid hoping it comes off, you lot are the most disloyal supporters i have ever come across its a game, you dont give f*** all to the club because you want us to be to best club in the world with your pennys, try being the best supporters in the world sadly you bunch of w***ers cant do that,
    Say what you really feel, mate, go on.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018

11. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

1-0 Spurs has been the result in the last 5 league meetings between us and them.

5 different goal scorers too.

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ayew was isolated as ****, worked hard and shouldn't have been anywhere near the box for defending corners.
    No striker would've looked good in that system and the late switch to 4-4-2 shows that they are capable of playing differently.

13. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

Well it worked today!:)

I was in the hardcore palace end and word spread that I was a spurs fan so I was getting all sorts of abuse albeit in a reasonably friendly manner.......Then we scored and it took me being the most restrained that I have ever been in my whole life to avoid me getting a kicking!

I slipped away 5 minutes before the end to avoid any potential issues, and luckily we held out.

Totally dogshit game but all credit to the team for getting the result.
    The win is all that matters and all I can say is thank **** I didn’t pay for that, so my money on palace winning was the only money that I lost!!

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

12 minutes? Who says that? Last 10, 15 or 20? Yes, but not 12 or 13 or 17 minutes and 22 seconds. ****ing weirdo!

This bloke has got a point...sort of. Apart from the group that used to be at the bottom left of The Holmsdale and some slightly towards the Holmsdale End in the middle of the Main Stand, the rest are a pretty damn docile lot. The famed Selhurst Park atmosphere comes very significantly from various parts of the stadium being mic'd up and played through the PA. Even then, our fans were drowning them out for significant parts of the game.

I've lots of Palace supporting mates and like them a lot. I first went to a game at SP in 1975 and have been at all their play-off wins but trust me, they're no Newcastle United as fans, no matter what the current media line is.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah, I’ve mentioned similar before. I went to the games where Dele scored that goal and then the following season where Eriksen hit the late winner, there’s about 75-100 of them, if that, of who think they’re ultras. Credit to them in that they try to create an atmosphere but the mics on the TV would have you think it’s the whole stand/ stadium... It most certainly isn’t.

16. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

That's why I expected a hard fought one goal win. I just can't see us stepping up a gear at the moment and we need to with Chelsea and Inter just around the corner.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

"To this day, I cannot remember a game in which Spurs have not played well, and still won.

Everybody enjoys watching Tottenham because they play lovely football and are great on the eye, but too many times they are unable to grind out a result. They don't have that other ingredient." - Jermaine Jenas (2/9/2018)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45391415

"Jermaine Jenas........Is there a Jermaine Jenas in the house.....?.....Has anybody seen Mr Jenas......?" <laugh> You stupid twat.

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

did he not see us play palace home or away last season?
    or against Swansea away...or palace home and away the previous season...or Watford at home last season...or Newcastle at home...

Twatitus is at an epidemic level at the beeb

19. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Eight I believe if one includes cup matches. Chavs next to make it nine

20. humanbeingincroydon

Anyone else picturing our social media team frantically creating this video overnight?

SpursDisciple, Roo and PleaseNotPoll like this.