1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Solid_Air 2, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

upload_2017-10-18_11-28-16.png Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool updated 19/10/2017 upload_2017-10-18_11-27-37.png
    Sunday 22/10/2017 16.00GMT
    Venue White Hart Lane Wembley !!

Form Guide

Spurs
    W H 1-0 v Bournemouth
    W A 4-0 v Huddersfield
    W A 3-2 v West Ham
    D H 0-0 v Swansea
    W A 3-0 v Everton

Liverpool
    D H 0-0 v Man Utd
    D A 1-1 v Newcastle
    W A 3-2 v Leicester
    D H 1-1 v Burnley
    L A 0-5 v Man City

EPL Table | Premier League 2017-18 season table
    Pos Team P W D L GD Pts
    1 Man City 5 4 1 0 14 13
    2 Man Utd 5 4 1 0 14 13
    3 Chelsea 5 3 1 1 3 10
    4 Newcastle 5 3 0 2 2 9
    5 Tottenham 5 2 2 1 4 8
    6 Huddersfield 5 2 2 1 2 8
    7 Burnley 5 2 2 1 1 8
    8 Liverpool 5 2 2 1 0 8

My View
    So with both teams on a high following their Tuesday night performances in the CL they both meet at Wembley for the first Cup Final of the season even though it feels like the season has only just started. The table suggests Spurs are the form team but there is a view that since every home game feels like a cup final to them they are struggling to raise their game and Pool will try to take advantage of this .
    Hopefully Poch will play a high defensive line leaving us with space behind for us to exploit though best not to count on it. A priority for us has to be cutting out the supply to Kane ,oh and winding up that petulant prat Dele who if he behaves any more like a spoiled child i fully expect him to play in a Spurs branded romper suit.
    Prediction Spurs 1 v 2 LFC

View from the shelf Wembley

The game I most hate Spurs losing to is obviously Arsenal but Liverpool are a very close second.
    There are a lot of reasons for it but I will stick to four.

1) when I was 11 years Spurs got promoted to the old 1st Division. It September you mo fos beat us 7 fecking nil...SEVEN FFS! All the plastics in SE London who supported Liverpool made my life hell. And it was in the days when only 2 matches were shown on Match of the day and 2 matches were shown on The Big Match and yep...that fecking match was on tv that weekend
    please log in to view this image

2) My idiot mother married a child beating piece of **** who was a pool fan so you lot should are obviously to blame ... you lot should've had to put up Woy and Paul Konchesky for as long as I had to put up with your twat who married my donkey of a mother.

3) I hate shell suits

4) Brookside's Anna Friel never married me.

I could have mentioned Michael Owen and Steve Macmanamanamanamananmanamanamnamnamn boring me ****less everytime there is a match on BT sport.
    I could have mentioned that the Beatles were not the greatest band ever, nothing with Paul McCartney in it is worth ****...that's why no mourned Linda McCartney!

I once shared a house with a mate who was a Liverpool fan. He had never been to Liverpool let alone come from there, in fact the closed he came to being a scouser was when he stole his dad's car stereo to sell for a few spliffs

I once saw a keeper (in a match I played in at school) dive at the strikers feet and get a mouth full of studs and mud as he was hoofed in the face. The ball bounced near the keepers knees and another player swung wildly at the spinning ball but missed. Unfortunately (for the keeper) after it missed the ball his foot continued on it's journey until it smashed into the keepers bollocks with a very loud crunching sound. The kick was so hard that the payer limped away leaving the whimpering keeper in a fetal position with his face covered in blood, mud and puke and a look of utter disbelief.

That's the look my mate had when Michael Thomas rolled away after scoring!

I took my mate out for a drink but he was too stunned to do anything other than slowly rocking back and forth while I regaled him with my after match analysis!

Here's hoping that you lot are feeling like this at 6pm on Sunday but we all know the footballing gods will be bastards and will have Oxlaide Chamberlain scoring the winner in the 90th minute so the gooners can have something to smile about
    <grr>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Let's get the horrible ****s dicked <ok>

Rorschach likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Lets see what happens, could really do with a win to get us closer to that top group.

4. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Funny how much media hype here is around Spurs and Kane but we're apparently in the biggest crisis ever with Klopp all but sacked by #bbcsalford just before Man Utd

These #mugs are just a discount Man Utd, nice fixture list to start the season, drop points against every decent team they come across, and Kane bangs in the irrelevant ones but #bottles the key chances #doingalukaku

Sweats and organic red like this.
  5. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

I predict a thrashing for spurs, 11 - 0 win for klopps men
    What say you @Spurlock

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yes Sucky!

Hmmm...you do know we are not Maribor don't you? I think we have Sussed out how to play against teams like yours. I'm going for a 2-0 to us!

1 nil...then another goal on the break when you boys are going hung Ho...2-0 job done

;)

Sucky likes this.
  7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You wish..media hype is all negative mate..they are trying to sell everyone off.

Kane bangs in irrelevent goals? Forget it..you crack on Astro...yeah yeah, you are right.

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

When you were struggling against Chelsea, Burnley, Swansea, and Bournemouth he did nothing, but filled his boots in games already won against Everton, Nicosia, and Huddersfield

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Filled his boots? He scored the opening goals...what do you want him to do? Refuse to play?

We are not a one man team...we expect others to chip in too and they do. If you think Kane is overated then good...I wish every other ****er would too and leave him to fill his boots.

He didn't score last night either...are you suggesting he did nothing? It's a team game....always will be...you got too used to Suarez bailing you out so you think that's how it works...it doesn't mate.

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We'll ****ing smash'em!

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

You're a two man team, Eriksen and Alli

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

They won their first game in the premiership last time out. Too close to call, not a cricket score, going for Tottenham 1:2 Liverpool. I take that now.

13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

With a bit of confidence in them Spurs can properly #bottle this game, I'd take 0-3 and no injuries now

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Mane and Lallana still out though.

15. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Henderson will probably come back in, sadly.
    Tottenham are a hard team to break down, Kane is easy enough to deal with, but we won't have any defenders to pick him up.
    1-0 to Tottenham.

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Jesus <doh> <laugh>

17. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Would take any kind of win, buts spurs have waited for that first league win think they will get a second. I actually think I could be happy with the right draw, ie not where we were winning and cruising then we press auto self destruct. A win would be great but unlikely.
    So draw for me :) 1-1

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Having seen as many results as spurs have had at home I would be quite happy to get a draw. I think their early issues are in the past with wembley. they have won the last couple i think and more than that have the dortmund game they won as the start of that confidence.

Away they have been perfect. At home is 1-2-1 as results but the last draw was swansea 0-0 over a month ago so..... well... given our away form is the identical record I think an away draw to spurs would be a good result.

I agree about ANY sort of scrappy win would be great.

19. saintKlopp

What a miserable bunch. <laugh>

Zanjinho and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  20. moreinjuredthanowen

What's wrong with pretending we are concerned whilst secretly knowing our lot turn up v big teams?