1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 29, 2021.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He totally ****ing meant that, the ****.
    Even if he hadn't looked straight down at him as he did it, his reaction tells the story.
    An innocent man wouldn't be trying to act like Lo Celso was making it up.

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Good game, some beautiful finishes by Bale and on any other day I’d be giving him MOTM for grabbing a hattrick but thought Aurier just pipped him with a really good performance, even more impressive when you factor in he'd been fasting until he was allowed the quick refreshment.

Don’t want to be that guy though but this game shouldn’t lead us to thinking Mason’s suddenly unlocked the attacking talent. We dominated them at their place too under Jose. This lot really are terrible. Nonetheless, nice to see some intent up top. Bale did however leave a bit of egg on Mason’s face for not starting him in the final.

3. BajanSpur

BajanSpur Well-Known Member

A masterclass in finishing.
    Gareth of Wales is back. <cheers>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

How that was not even a booking is a joke.
    Looked like a red all day long for me

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Proof, if anyone needed it, that we should have shaken off that prick Mourinho months ago.

I will never understand what the **** Levy was thinking.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The first replay makes it look deliberate as he plants his left foot, pauses for a fraction of a second, then brings his right foot over

Left on the Shelf likes this.
  7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Bale on Aurier getting two assists:

“Yeah he keeps going on about it, if he got three assists I’d have let him have the ball!” <laugh>

Also mentioned he “just needed a run of games” to get his form going. A sly little “**** you” to Jose.

8. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  9. humanbeingincroydon

One small thing to note: Kacper Kurylowicz was present during the warmups

Realistically this makes him our fifth-choice keeper, given Whiteman's out with a knee injury and Austin's on loan at Orlando, but it finally means that we can say that Grzegorz Rasiak isn't the most last Polish player to pull on our shirt...

10. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Great win for ENIC.
    Nobody protesting; nobody criticising them tonight.

Billy The Spur likes this.

11. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

It was only Sheff United....and Harry couldn't score.

12. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Levy ain't been forgiven...like I said on the prem board and on here, protests are planned for the villa game.
    If they consider it forgiven and forgotten they obviously know less than nothing.

13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I don't think it's exactly the same situation, either. Our protests will be a lot more sedate than Utd's, I think.
    The Glazers are just objectively bad owners and any success that the club has had during their time there has been in spite of them.
    The Americans seem to have been the driving force behind the ESL move in the Prem, too or at least that's what we're being told.

14. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Football is a simple game just get the ball in the oppositions net and bin the ipad's

15. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Disgraceful from Fleck, he absolutely knew what he was doing when he trod on GLC`s head. It`s a shame VAR did not know what they were doing also.

16. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Good tonight but not great - Bale was distinctly average until he scored, but then 3 great finishes, Aurier was good too and Sonnys best game for a while as well

But they were shocking, yet at the start of the 2nd half before we got the 2nd goal they were briefly on top and that must be a worry.

Harry was off his game tonight, but if he going to play badly doing it when we win 4-0 is as good a time as any.

I have some sympathy with Rhian Brewster, I thought some of our players have been short of confidence but there is a young lad who just looks lost at the moment, I hope he get the opportunities to prove his worth in the championship.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Protesting takes many forms. Not renewing memberships and season tickets is every bit as effective as acting like a prick and walking round the pitch holding a corner flag.

18. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Really hope that isn't true but sadly there is a strong chance it is. Given he hadn't integrated back into full training ahead of the City game, perhaps he's just a way off of full fitness still. I guess the Wolves game will reveal all.

In any event, difficult to read too much into today's game as Sheff Utd were woeful and even 2 dodgy VAR calls couldn't help them. Kane was crap as mentioned. I thought Dele showed a lot of industry and took up some excellent positions but is rusty as hell. Lo Celso was really poor. Sympathised with him after he was assaulted but up until that point there were multiple passes going astray plus this weird recent habit of his of going to ground in a bizarre exaggerated attempt to tackle an opposition player without ever getting near the ball. Almost like he slide tackles in slow motion. Really strange. Hojbjerg was excellent apart from 2 horrifically misplaced passes that led to danger. Good to see Son looking sharper than he has for months.

And a Bale hat trick. Beautiful. First time I've cheered something Spurs related in a hell of a long time.

Roo and remembercolinlee like this.
  19. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Peter Bankes was on VAR for this match. He was also on VAR for West Ham v Chelsea, where Balbuena was sent off for this:

That's a red, while the Fleck/Lo Celso one isn't even a foul.

20. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Another disallowed goal for Son, how many is that this season, I can remember one against Pool, another when somebody was stood in the keepers line of sight, there could be some more I`ve forgotten about.