1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham in the Summer Transfer window - 2013 edition!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I would be amazed if either of those came off. Mata would only come to us in jan if we are top 2 and cruising into the CL. Torres is a joke, even i realise that now and i've advocated the move previously.

2. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Often a move revives a player but it wouldn't disappoint me if there was no bid for Torres. He shows the occasional glimpse like in the semi finals of the CL when he made that solo run and scored but thinking about it he's not a Spurs player is he?

3. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

<ok>

A move does revive a player if its only a mind thing, or his situation is bad (Mata), but its as much physical with Torres imo, and it doesn't matter where or how often he plays when thats the issue. He was given free reign after Drogba's departure, big boots to fill I know, but he has not took his chance.

4. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Always believed that if Torres had come to Spurs in 2011, the environment and
    team play would have restored him to something close to his prime.

But we couldn't afford him, nor satisfy his personal aspirations.
    And now he is damaged goods.

Transfer talk for Mata should be persistent in the press now..
    If only to WUM Chelsky as their (non)utilisation of him pans out over the period
    towards the next transfer window.

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I wonder if the rumours of Hernandez will revive soon?

6. The Mighty Thor

There's a rumour about Ciprian Marica wants to sign a three year deal with us so let's go for it. He's snubbed Goons and Bubbles.

7. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Never heard of him! It's a 100% write off for Ade, should we sign him.

Is he going to improve us?

8. The Mighty Thor

Romanian CF scored 22 for them. I would say yes.

9. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

That will do for me,sign him!

10. The Mighty Thor

As the January window isn't far away I thought I'd reopen this thread with the news that Spurs are eyeing Hernandez to boost striking options and I totally agree. Let's get him to replace Defoe and play two instead of one, Bobby and Henandez sounds good to me.

11. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

The sky should be the limit, given I've heard we've gotten someone else Real will pay big money for picture-e5.jpg

12. Kings of the Lane

He's just signed for getafe on a free. Doubt he's going anywhere - and at 28 I'd be keener to see us unearthing some youngsters. As has already been discussed, a benteke or lukaku type player would work very well. Soldado will come good though I'm sure, so this is still a tad premature for me!

13. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

Hate to mention it but we are only one and a half months out of the last transfer window and still have two and a half month til the next one. We've barely seen the new boys play yet and people want to get into transfer gossip again?!

One reaction to reading some more of the posts on this thread though is from that photo of the Secret Seven, or whatever they're called. It's a stark reminder of the one big reason for optimism in Chadli - he's a ****ing monster! Can't be very often that a winger, among a group of players including a CB, a DM and a CF, can be the biggest of the bunch and by some way!

Teach him how to run fast in a straight line down the wing and he might be a decent addition!

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I see that from today's Independent that they seem to think that AVB is interested in Hernandez. I like that idea, myself. It has always surprised me that he hasn't had more opportunities at Utd. A natural goal scorer, IMO.

15. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Hernandez was the player I wanted us to sign ahead of Soldado this summer, always been a massive fan and hes wasted at Utd on the bench, My only worry with him signing for us is that we play too much of a narrow game and Javier will be looking to do what defoe does (only better) , plus will need wingers to be whipping in crosses, so Avb would need to understand we need width and play through the centre, we would need to be more flexible and mix the game up.

If this is true, hopefully this would mean Adebayor is moved on, but lets not forget Javier is wasted at the bench at Utd, he won't leave Utd to be our 2nd choice, how does Soldado and Javier fit in the same team? the only formations which use 2 up top are:

3-4-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2

and we don't play these, so in all honesty I believe Avb wants one big money striker like Soldado and then squad players like Defoe & Adebayor to push Soldado. Nice rumour and hope its true but not overly confident it will happen.

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I can't see Hernandez joining for similar reasons Boss said. We don't play a 2 striker formation and there's no way Hernandez will join to sit on our bench. Soldado won't want to be spending too much time on the bench with the WC round the corner either, signing Hernandez would signal the end for both JD and Ade. Ade doesn't play anyway and Defoe has already said he needs game time, bringing in Hernandez will demote him even further.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I can't disagree too much with what you guys have said. Personally, I think AVB will shift Ade as soon as he finds somebody who will pick up his wages. As for Defoe, if he gets demoted, he would just have to accept that. I would take Hernandez like a shot - assuming Utd would sell him.

As for sitting on the bench, I 'm not so sure about that. Firstly, Soldado needs some genuine competition for his place. Secondly, it would give AVB another option, another way of setting up. If I were the opposition, I certainly wouldn't relish the prospect of having to deal with the two of them.