1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham in the Summer Transfer Window - 2014 Edition!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Apr 18, 2014.

1. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

saying that' he is top P/L scorer in the calender year

2. lennypops

lennypops Well-Known Member

It's being reported that we're making a move for Ross Barkley. It's believed to be happening. Everton don't want to let him go but a 40m or player plus cash bid could test their resolve.

He'd be a great addition for Spurs.

3. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

never ever happen. Someone bigger will come in

4. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

Agghhhh, the internet.

Never ceases to amaze !!!!!! ;)

5. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

More chance of us signing Charles Barkley.

6. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Love to have him, but never going to happen. We'd just get gazumped by the Russian gangster or City.

7. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

40m? Oh yeah he's english.

He's not worth more than 20m at the moment - can be very erratic in games

8. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even want him for that. He'd demand a starting spot at that price, especially because he's young, English and starting games at Everton too, and I'm not sure he'd get it the way we're playing right now. Apparently Bayern want £16 million for Shaqiri, now if we're playing fantasy football I know which one I'd rather get for those prices. That said I don't think we'd realistically get either, so its academic. Shaqiri at that price would be a risk worth taking IMO but I doubt we'd get the opportunity as he'd be sought after by clubs offering bigger wages and CL football. Apparently Bayern have a close relationship with Wolfsburg, so he's off there. We'll see.

I think we'll see 2 CMs (any of Paulinho, Dembele and maybe Capoue too) and 2 CBs (Kaboul and Chiriches) leave with a mix of permanent and loan outgoings, and one player in each of those positions will come in permanently. We also need a striker and a right sided midfielder, and could do with a backup 10 and a left sided midfielder that Pochettino will actually use too (although actually playing Lamela behind the striker when we don't play 2 together and Eriksen isn't playing could be a good wheeze) and whether we get any of those depends on who is available and how much money we have to spend after outgoings and spendings on more important positions like CM, CB and striker, in that order. The problem is that we really need to be buying players for now, not players for 2 or 3 years time, and that could get expensive for us.

9. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Barkley's a fantastic talent, but he's had a few injuries, he's being eyed by richer clubs and he's developing well at Everton. Won't happen.

Not sure how Bony's inconsistent, as he's scored more than anyone else this year (2014) and he looks good in games even when he doesn't put the ball in the net.
    Big, fairly quick, strong, powerful shot, aerial presence, gets involved in the buildup... hard to see what he does wrong, from a distance.
    He'd be expensive, he'll be on the radar of a few of the other Premier League sides (Liverpool? Arsenal?) and he's off to the ACON, too. Hmm...

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

there are some rumours doing the rounds that Eriksen is looking to leave...with Liverpool preparing a bid <luagh> don't you just love the transfer window, lazy journalists and the internet <doh>

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

He was reportedly available for £24mil in the summer. I would have loved for us to sign him. Yes, it's a lot of money, but not for a striker who bangs then in regularly. Compared to the money we've already pissed up the wall on overpriced averageness, he's a bargain.

12. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

I'm not a Barkley fan, and don't see why everyone else is so excited. He does something nifty from time to time and loses the ball far too often. He could develop into a very good player, but he's exactly the sort of player Spurs should not spend on: not good enough to start right now, and in need of more PL experience. I think he realizes Spurs aren't the club for him as well, for that matter.

Bony would be very tempting, but I'd worry he'd take playing time away from Kane. It might be worth the risk, though. A strikeforce of Kane and Bony might be a huge asset.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

He's the highest scorer in the Prem in the 2014 calendar year.

What about Kane's goals against Swansea, Hull, Villa, Asteras, Besiktas, Brighton, Forest, Limassol? Or the assist against West Ham, or for his driving runs and hard work against Everton which helped contribute to both goals?

If Bony is inconsistent then only Aguero or Costa would be good enough.

14. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

is there a bit of an echo? :emoticon-0102-bigsm <cheers>

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I try to keep my imitating of you on the quiet side Tots, thanks for baiting me out <laugh>

16. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Adebayor being linked with a couple of Qatari clubs in a move that works out very well for him - he'll make a nice pile of money in wages while he's there, and eighteen months later when a Premier League/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue 1 club comes calling he'll have a reason to think he has to prove doubters wrong so will score a glut of goals quickly (before invariably going off the boil a season later)

17. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do you think that Redknapp would swap Adebayor for Austin in January? No, me neither.