1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Town v fleetwood

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Buckyohare, May 8, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

You all cite several examples of players over the last 10 years and more, who clearly had talent, performed well at times, a few like Freddie in his prime dazzled, but most sadly were victims of one of 4 managers who managed them poorly, or affected by the club's general demise.

Cresswell when I saw him was a class act.

Lets hope for some inspiring new faces to give us all much to cheer about, as we begin a new chapter at ITFC.

I for one cant wait to take my seat in the Co-op stand. Been far too long.

Buckyohare, Redruth, Nuggets and 3 others like this.
  2. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to seeing players who are played in their correct position rather than “we don’t have anyone else, so I’m asking you to play there” chambers, Sears, Judge & others all suffered due to that and none of them (publicly) complained. Edwards has also been move round, playing at wing back and on both wings. If kept, I would like to see him play on the left only as I think that’s where his best performances comes from. It’s over to PC - let’s have some round pegs for round holes

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

That's been the entirety of the Evans era from Roy Keane all the way through to Paul Lambert, especially in the full back positions. With the exception of a rare versatile player, the players should be playing no more than 10% of the season out of position to fill in occasionally.

Edwards is a LW or RW and if he played there he'd cause all sorts of problems for defences.