1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Town v Latics

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Fear that with this jaded team of several has beens, no real threat up front, we are looking at a draw at best, and a dull, dready dradful mid-table finish, with much for Cook to do during the summer.

Buckyohare likes this.
  2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Quality????

Redruth and Buckyohare like this.
  3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Dobby is showing the way, gets in and at them. Come on Town. Lets see our season take off on a winning run.

4. TopBunk

TopBunk Active Member

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Dozzell keeps giving the ball away. Unforced errors. Can anybody tell me why he is in the side?

Spanish likes this.
  6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Only good news is Gillingham, Donnies and Blackpool all drawing too,so only 2 pts off play-offs still.

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

We can’t make up even two points with these performances. I think today is the worst yet.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  8. Southcoastoldgaffer

I now look forward to other Summer highlights & sport to entertain - sadly, for me, entertaining Ipswich are not these days.

No spirit, no pattern, no fight, lazy throw-ins, very little to shout about.

Helluva lots of work Paul.

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Oh well, that didn't turn out to be the win we wanted.. Looks like we'll be seeing this season out and looking forward to the next one.

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

There’s no energy in the side. We are fine defensively. It’s good to see KVY and Woolfy back but Dozzell just stalls all the momentum and there’s not enough up front. Just two or three changes, swapping out Dozzell and plucking a couple of lively attacking mids or forwards from the U23s would immediately improve us.

11. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

KVY has a hamstring injury. If it’s anything serious, he’s gone for the season

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If it is a hamstring injury, we have to accept he’s just one of those players and ship him out.

13. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Seems I was being over optimistic we might score...the rest seemed entirely predictable.

can I ask, those that predicted a win; what is it that persuaded you to think that could be the result? I’m no betting whizz but I can see a weak, unbalanced team when it’s before me and a firm pattern to suggest the trajectory their on.

14. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

This season I have a standing prediction of a 2-1 win.Basically I’m too lazy to try and work out what the likely result is going to be,let’s face it we are soooo inconsistent.

In past Seasons I’ve used the roll of the dice to make my predictions.

Buckyohare likes this.
  15. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

There is no zero on a standard dice . We create so few chances it’s just ridiculous. Midfield is lightweight and not creative. Judge plays well when he is in a nationally televised game. Edwards (for me) should be playing on the left which is where his better performances have been. Sears up front in a 2 or not played at all & dozzell & bishop both need to be stronger

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  16. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I know,I’d got a stupid system 5 & 6 were counted as zero and I always deducted 1 from the away side (to a minimum of zero too).

17. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I like being positive.

Buckyohare likes this.
  18. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

That’s brilliant! I have this vision of you sat at home rolling your dice of wishful witchcraft!

One day it’ll all come good and they’ll call you the Sage of Suffolk, people will flock to see you cast your next spell as the team canter into Europe once more...!

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If there’s a positive to take it’s that PC knows it was a **** show and knows we have a long way to go to make the play offs. That’s a world away from Lambert’s persistent bullshit post match comments.

20. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's not a world away from when Lambert first came to the club, it's like ground hog day.

I didn't particularly have an opinion on Lambert either way because I didn't think he was given the tools or luck to do well at the club, I thought getting rid of him was pretty much like changing the deckchairs on a sinking ship. So far I have seen nothing to suggest that not to be true, infact our form since PC has come in has been worse with arguably better players coming back into the first team fold. In other words what I am seeing on the pitch is probably worse than the last few games under Lambert. What I'm hearing off the pitch is better but after seasons of having being dealt a poor hand who wouldn't let that frustration boil over, pretty much every manager under ME has felt the same by the end and seemingly lost the plot. Currently PC is on the same trajectory as those who went before him.

I do not blame PC one iota, I think we've been exceptionally lucky to attract a manager of his calibre given the state of our club. If he doesn't get us out of this league no one can without significant changes behind the scenes.

I'm not someone who thought our squad was one of the best in the division like alot of people seemed to but I'm now not someone who thinks they are all rubbish and we should chuck the baby out with the bathwater. If we can recruit 4 or 5 players who are seasoned pros at a good level to form a spine of the team I think it could create a team where many of those players at the club could flourish.

My final observation is we should definitely go 532 to end the season. I'm not convinced 442 would currently work with the midfield we have available.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021