1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Town v Tigers

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Nov 24, 2020.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I doubt it, fans would be on their backs for all the back passes.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Feck me,this is painful to watch!

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Please take McGavin off corners, hits the first man every time.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the Budgies are crushing the Championship.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Cornell will be starting next match, Holy has been poor today.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

3-0 now.

Poor passing from everyone today.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Holy stuck in no mans land for the goal.

8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

You guys still backing PL? For me....he gets his tactics, formation, selection wrong most games. We will win nothing with him as manager!

Nuggets and San Diego like this.
  9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Agreed

10. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Another gutless,toothless and clueless performance.

San Diego likes this.

11. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Garbage and no plan B.

We're easy to play against because we are as predictable as day following night.

12. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Is that true? If so, that's shocking

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

No it’s not true.

14. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Our entire midfield is missing through injury and suspension, KVY is nowhere to be seen for over a year and no updates on his situation, Sears is now injured, on top of that we have so called strikers who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo so they play tippy tappy useless football rather than take a shot.
    We expect youngsters and hopeless has beens to fill the spaces left by those missing and then wonder why we can't compete even at this pub league standard when the reason is staring us in the face and has been for years, Evans policy of not investing in the Club to improve the side and therefore our league status has proved to be disastrous and this spiral isn't over by a long chalk.
    I don't care who the manager is they come and go but whoever it is isn't going to do anything spectacular with this squad of youth, has beens, sick notes and the useless, thanks Evans.

Southcoastoldgaffer and itfcptc like this.
  15. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I still think Norwood and Jackson are a fairly useful partnership at this level but lambert refuses to play 2 up front. Dozzell back on Saturday and my guess is that he’ll drop McGavin. The squad is large but too many players living on past glories...Huws, Sears, Judge, Chambers etc. Also, these must be some of the higher earners at the club so why not ship them out (if anyone wants them). The club is rotten from the inside out and I don’t see anything changing anytime soon

Spanish likes this.
  16. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Huge injury list tonight, so didn't expect much and even last season I backed Lambert when we were on a terrible run because the squad was just all over the place however I'm starting to think he's definitely the wrong man for the job, he's just lost all sense of pragmatism.

All he needs is a bit of balance, be a bit more direct and adapt our formation every now and again to play 2 uptop and I think we'd be a fairly good team at this level, in spells particularly at the start of the season we played some really good stuff but he's just so stubborn and it's become very predictable. He's become like a youth team coach where its all about development over results. It feels like we're watching a league 1 version of Arsene Wenger, who at the start of his career played great football with resilience and then just lost it because it was all about a philosophy of playing.

I'm just puzzled by his stubbornness and willingness to stick so strongly to something and then change. Like last season it was all about rotation and now its the opposite. Last season it was about 442 and suddenly that was wrong. Well you were the ones making those decisions Mr Lambert. It really puzzles me because when he managed Norwich, they played really good stuff but they also could mix it up. I genuinely thought Lambert was going to go on to great things but as I said its like he's come here to he a youth coach.

My only hope is we get some of our players back from injury and keep them fit this formation could work. Problem with playing 1 striker is they are relied on too much.

I feel so sorry for Sears, he's never looked any good as a winger but as a striker in a 2 he has always impressed me.

17. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

A pitiful state of affairs at Ipswich. I have sent an email to the ITFC supporters contact to be delivered to the powers that be. Mainly demanding that our sports science, training, fitness, rehab regime is changed as a matter of urgency.
    I dont spend time checking other clubs posts, but doubt they have such along list of injuries as ours.

18. fieldmarshall

Well done gaffer sometimes it seems as though the only people that give a damn about ITFC are on this board, so due to our lack of investment in players for years now we have no option but to field makeshift weak sides when we have injuries, so what was all that nonsense about fielding weak teams in Cup competitions all about ? Our injury list is worse than ever, what a balls up!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  19. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Gotta reply this morning, it has gone to senior club officials, whatever that means!

I wonder if they hold those open supporter meetings any more; I suspect not, as folk would be throwing chairs around! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

20. fieldmarshall

Too many happy clappers I'm afraid gaffer, they still think Evans is our saviour and believe the annual b/s storm when the A/Cs are released, no one takes Evans to task not that they could because he sends his poodle instead at shareholders annual meeting.