1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Town vs MK Dons

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Buckyohare, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

He will be staying, dont over read things. Fresh ownership, new broom, new funds to spend, enthusiastic & committed to change things.

And KVY & Nors back for tonight. We have a chance. 1st goal and off we jolly well go.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Trouble is they'll probably both be injured by the time the match starts tomorrow night! ;)

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Doubtless, I stand corrected!

4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Well, I predicted a long overdue victory at 'tonights' game, 2-0 Town, with Norwood & Freddie bagging a brace, and into top 6.

Lets hope my amazing crystal ball talents come true!

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does he sound ground down already? It took longer than this for Hurst and Lambert to turn on the players.

I like PC as he seems honest but saying you didn't want to do a press conference as you didn't want to criticise players to me basically is criticising the players, doesn't really make sense if you think you don't want to openly criticise players don't tell people that's what your doing.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It's just a clever way of calling the players out publicly without calling them out publicly yet making it obvious publicly, if that makes sense.

He's trying to get it in to the local media lads that he won't be drawn into giving them negative headlines, something that TWTD is actually very good at doing. They know all too well over there that the negative stories get twice as many pages of comments, and therefore twice as many 'hits' for the multitude of adverts by running and spinning everything coming out of ITFC in a bad way if possible. It actually pisses me off a lot the manner in which a fanzine for the club likes to spin things in order to drive internet traffic, instead of supporting the team!

It's also obvious that PC is now pissed off with the majority of those he has given chances to as they are not performing well enough. He says players should be a reflection of the manager and it's clear he doesn't want to be associated with the level of work that is being put out by this squad and is demanding more.

Nuggets, Bigalreigned and Redruth like this.
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don’t think it matters what he says at this point. The vast majority of these players are either leaving in the summer or next season will be their last.

I don’t think he’s happy about the change. He’s just seen Wigan shafted and put his faith in Evans who clearly didn’t let him in on the situation just a few weeks ago when he was coming to the club.

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

If we didn't have a good chance of the playoffs I'd agree but we've still got a chance and needs to get the players on side so in my mind it is crucial at this stage if we've got any chance of getting promoted.

Who knows what's gone on, either PC isnt telling the truth or this is another example of MEs great football decision making. It seemed Lambert knew something was going on and there was enough in the press that you'd have thought PC would have asked.

9. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I don’t for for one minute think PC didn’t know what was going on. He’s on the inside of the football world and even we knew something was up.

It’s inconceivable that with the sale at a very advanced stage ME didn’t make Damn sure the new manager wasn’t going to be a problem for the new owners. Yes, u can get rid but it’s a cost and he’d have to pay for it if they didn’t like the incumbent so no way was it not approved on both sides.

it’s really weird hanging the team out t dry like this. Yes, they’re totally under performing and maybe this is the best they can do but just keep some dignity and clear them out in the summer. I’m not a fan of this so called ‘telling it how it is’ as it’s not very professional and not what I want the club to stand for.

you boot them out privately but you thank them for all their ‘hard work and service’ publicly as u wave goodbye and get on with brining in the players we need.

no ones gonna blame PC fir this lot anyway-they’re no this players! There’s no need to slag them off. I’m very 60/40 about cook as it stands with this strategy he’s employing.