1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Transfer Deadline Day: 1st September

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by TopClass, Aug 31, 2015.

1. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Afternoon gents,

I know this is off topic but it's always a huge amount of fun and games watching the nonsense and then finding the occasional gem of truth so I thought I'd open it up for discussion given many of our clubs will be mentioned.

Even Sheffield Wednesday have stumped up a £10m bid for Jordan Rhodes Oddy!

As we head into the final 24 hours, Man Utd are in for £32m Monaco youngster Martial, which rules out any Utd bid for Saido Berahino. Spurs are expected to bid £25m for him and West Brom are potentially lining up Matt Phillips and Charlie Austin from QPR as a result. Arsenal have not yet been linked with Berahino but there was talk of a bid early last week to hijack Spurs, especially as a Benzema deal is a no go.

Javier Hernandez looks Leverkusen-bound.

John Stones is 11/2 to join Chelsea in this window and 1/10 to remain with Everton for now.

David De Gea is 4/7 to join Real Madrid.

Paul Pogba is continually linked with the Premier League but remains long odds on to stay with Juventus at this stage.

Everton could be back in for Aaron Lennon but his old gaffa Tim Sherwood could be sniffing around- Villa are 12/1 to land the Spurs winger.

Throw in your thoughts and rumours and have a laugh- I know its off topic but its only for a day!

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

He should have joined us years ago Toppy, instead of going to Blackburn. His dad works for us (I think as goalkeeper coach).

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Betfair have a few novelty bets priced up and Harry Redknapp to be interviewed on deadline day is 2/1, surely it wouldn't be a transfer deadline day without some input from good ol' 'Arry!

They go just 5/1 for the world transfer record to be broken at £85.3 million, although I can't see that happening myself.

4. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Arsenal better sign a bloody striker that's all I can say

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  5. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Yeah itll be a french 12 year old for the future <diva><diva><diva><diva>

6. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

and southend equalise as I post theres karma

7. SaveTheHumans

Arsenal are 1/2 to sign a player on deadline day and 6/4 against to not sign anyone!

8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Just shows how Sky have bastardised the English game - August bank holiday and nothing but a handfull of lower league matches. Very dull.

Bustino74 likes this.
  9. SaveTheHumans

Soufend score again Gaz...2-1

gazboy likes this.
  10. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Utd sign some teenager I've never heard of for mad money,Kevin de Bruyne goes for 55m.Mad to think Roy Keane was bought for transfer record 3.75m back in 93

11. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

It's all for Sky im afraid and don't they just love it... I can't be doing with that tw*t who runs the whole thing, Jim what's his face, gets right up my nose he dos...!!!

I know it's popular with some of the viewers, and possibly some of the punters on here, but it's just one long bore to me... And if Berahino dos move on then it messes about with my fantasy football team...!!!

12. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Being a QPR fan, am sick and tired of the Austin/Phillips bullshit, it has been going on for month after month. For God's sake get it over and done with. To be honest, I don't think either really wants to go anywhere, but if the cash is on the table then the club has no option. Would be surprised if Austin went north or to the midlands, he's a southern lad through and through, even though he did have a spell with Burnley. Phillips would probably play anywhere.

I'm off to bed! :emoticon-0113-sleep

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  13. stick

stick Bumper King

Where the hell did Wednesday get £10M from? Did they sell the ground? That might have raised half of it!

14. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

How often do you get 3 QPR fans togetther? Couldn't resist it.

Scoring goals and winning away.... it must be a dream.

stick and SwanHills like this.
  15. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Harry needs to be driving out of a training ground though!

16. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

I think Wenger is signing his own death warrant if we don't get a striker today.the fans have had enough of this bullshit.Giroud is a honest and decent player but is never going to get you 20-25 like Aguero & Costa.As much as I like Walcott he us just to wasteful with his chances which was no more evident with his shinner over the bar v Newcastle.Please Arsenal get the finger out,you have 8.5 hours left you arrogant French bollix

17. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Dear old Arsene is, right now, in ‘Gay Paree’ apparently hoping to finalise deals for a couple of players. We're in safe hands.

Meanwhile Galatasaray, over the weekend, it is reported made a ‘mega offer’ for the Oxlade-Chamberlain boy. How far talks, if at all, went though I have no idea.

18. SwanHills

<laugh> Yes, Mr.OddDog, please explain where you got this £10M. My guess is that it probably came from Greenford Hedgefunds Inc.?

Deleted 1 likes this.
  19. SwanHills

God, never thought I'd ever hear Arsene Wenger called "an arrogant French bollix". Good grief! :emoticon-0104-surpr

You know, ste, whatever they say about old 'arry, he's one hell of a character, and there's never a dull moment with him, although there were a lot of dull ones when he managed the R's. He had his moments, though.

20. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As a Watford fan I intend to completely ignore any more rumours flying around and see what happens once it's all over.. There's hardly a member of the squad that hasn't been linked with a move and anyone with even the vaguest connection to Italy is being linked with arriving at the Vic. This after the owners publicly stated their intention to get all the bsuiness done early in the summer. There's a lot to be said for the relative calm of the championship <doh>

SwanHills likes this.