1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Deadline Day Thread - All rumours and "done deals" here please

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Jan 30, 2012.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

2. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Zamora, who made his England debut against Hungary in August 2010 and has seven goals to his name already this term, can't wait to kick-start the next chapter of his career at Loftus Road, commenting: "QPR are certainly a Club that are looking to go forward. That's something that I'm looking forward to being a part of.

"I got on really well with the Manager at Fulham. We all grew to like Mark. I think that will be the case here. He's looking to take the Club forward.

"I think this was the right time for me to have a fresh challenge. I had some great experiences at Fulham. Going to a European final is special.

"But this is a new challenge for myself and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it."

Zamora added: "The ambition of the Club was certainly a drawing factor as well.

"I've been lucky enough to speak to Tony (Fernandes) and Phil's (Beard) relayed a lot of messages about where this Club want to go.

"For me, it was quite an easy decision to be a part of this.

"The sky's the limit. We're looking to go forward and to grow and I want to be a part of that."

3. NorwayRanger

The dominos are falling...

Ryan Nelson to Spurs ---> Bassong to Wolves i hear...

4. NorwayRanger

@philipb1
    Philip Beard
    Busy and successful month off the pitch at QPR. Looking forward to a a busy and hopefully successful few months on it. #QPR

Much appreciated <applause> Good man Phil <ok>

5. QPR Oslo

Didn't rate Pienaar or Bassong so much, so no big deal for me, but if we are now short anywhere its a CM and a CB. But without knowing the damage, we have got in some great players the last few days. Gives us a decent chance of staying up anyway!

6. NorwayRanger

Agree Oslo. My Spurs mates would even chip in on Bassong's signing on fee just to get rid!

Fair play to Hammersfan though, I've been waiting for him to choke on that humble pie.

7. NorwayRanger

@Amit_Bhatia99
    Amit Bhatia
    Thanks for kind comments and support everyone. @tonyfernandes and @Ruben_E_G are great partners and co-owners. Hope for the best now! #qpr
    <applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><applause>

And this one is for you Cerny, Pienaar is off to Everton on loan...

8. QPR Oslo

Transfer window winners both August and January say some on PL TV! Lets hope we agree in May!

9. NorwayRanger

Except those sorry Spuds fans in the studio, same boring lines about QPR as in august.

Any team in the league (below 8th) would die for these signings.

10. NorwayRanger

Nice tweet from Aaron Hughes, gives me a great impression of BZ :)

@AaronHughes18
    Aaron Hughes
    Good luck to Zamo on his move. It's not gonna be the same without him around the place. Gonna miss him......top man!

11. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

You can bet as soon as the next window opens we will be in for Samba so quick. Shame we couldn't get him now. But Ferdy and Onohua in the middle should be great.

Would have liked to have seen an attacking midfielder, but Penis was obviously too expensive and Hughes obviously didn't fancy anyone else. But I'm sure we'll see just as many signings in the next window and then that should be the team. Then just the odd signing here and there to keep the team fresh.

Then in to our new stadium. And then on to conquer Europe! Ok I'm tired and maybe getting a bit ahead of myself, but damn things are looking good. Let's just hope all the signings can gel quickly and Barton doesn't get his head ripped off by the Tank.

12. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

My employers computers automatically censor such things as forums so, I was on the edge of my seatwondering about Zamora. With just over 3/4 hrs to go, I am reading (BBC site - not censored) that Zamora wasn't officiallya done deal and that from Hughes. From what I see here, though, it all looks good. I look forward to seeing the new look Rangers in the coming days

13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Not long in from a 'Stella Session.' Seems kinda weird reading all of these posts considering what was happening two years ago.

14. QPR12thman

QPR12thman Active Member

Just hope MH doesn't under achieve with the new players.

15. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

Although we didn't get a CM player I have this feeling with Cisse and Zamora buzzing around the pitch will be ideal for Adel to occcupy this role and have a stunning 2nd half to the season.