1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours/Rubbish January 2019

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Nov 6, 2018.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's that time of the season again...

Harry Anderson from Lincoln has been linked in the EDP and Pinkun today. Young right winger.

There's also gutter press links of Oliveira to Wolves, to be their third striker. Presumably based purely on the fact he's Portuguese.

zogean_king, JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.
  2. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Nelson is also part of Jorge Mendes' stable of players at GestiFute.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Let him go,he aint any good for us

JM Fan likes this.
  4. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

As much as I dislike the way Wolves have flaunted FFP I would take their filthy lucre for Basil in an instant - we are better off without his cost on the books.

JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.
  5. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Completely agree. If they'd take him on a free I'd drive him to Molineux. I dread to think what he's costing us in wages.

I thought the fact Farke made it obvious over the summer that he wasn't would spark Oliveira to find a move, but that didn't happen. Maybe now he's a clear 4th choice he'll drop his expectations.

JM Fan likes this.
  6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Not sure he's a choice at all. DF seems very reluctant to consider him at all.

Anderson is a strange one, if true. He's no youff as he'll be 22 in January. His wiki page reveals little of consequence other than the fact that he has lots of pace.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Anderson_(English_footballer)

A more convincing link could be Kieran Sadlier who was linked to us in the summer.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...ger-admits-he-could-move-to-england-1-5767139

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

As has been said before and will be said again, the next window is MORE about hanging on to our developing youff than who we sign.
    I’m hoping there may be a little more money in the NCFC coffers with the sale of half season tickets.

8. RiverEndRick

I agree, except for possible back-up at LB unless Husband returns. With our present prospects, I can't see any reason to sell any of our youffs. Moving Oliveira on would help both us and him.

9. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

We need another keeper McGoven hasn't got the distribution our style of football requiries. If Krul gets injured we're doomed.

DHCanary and JM Fan like this.
  10. RiverEndRick

It's a good point. Remi Matthews has only played 3 times for Bolton so might be persuaded to return. The other possibility is a loan similar to that of Gunn if SW knows of one. McGovern will certainly leave at the end of the season, so a replacement now would make sense.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

What, try to get a young keeper in early so that they have time to adapt?

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, we do really need another GK to replace McGovern and whilst we could also benefit from cover, I believe Marshall/Pinto could cover in the short term.
    David Hannant also makes a very good point re Klose’s and DF’s contracts n this article - https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwi...lumn-0811-farke-and-klose-contracts-1-5767883

13. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I believe Husband's loan is only until January anyway. I'm not sure Fleetwood will want him back regardless, so we will have a backup LB whether we want him or not. I suspect another move beckons nevertheless.

JM Fan likes this.
  14. RiverEndRick

JM Fan likes this.
  15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

16. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

If it meant Godfrey could go out on loan (fewer (ahem) cup games for him after Christmas), and we could sell Pinto and/or Husband, I think it makes sense. The description of John as "ball-playing" at least makes it sound like he's a better fit for the team than Raggett seemed to be (who could also leave).

A short-term loan of somebody who provides cover probably makes sense with a potential promotion push. We don't want to buy rotation players if they could become surplus to requirements in 6 months.

17. RiverEndRick

More likely Godfrey would back up Tettey at DM (Trybull is a good all round CM rather than a DM, IMO). Even if Pinto and/or Husband were to leave I still don't think that we would drop either Klose or Lewis just to give John the playing time he wants.

18. General Melchett

But we might sell Klose or Lewis. Klose as a last chance at any return, Lewis for big bucks to subsidise our owners

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  19. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I would rather risk promotion and get nothing for Klose than sell him and wonder what if!

RiverEndRick and JM Fan like this.
  20. General Melchett

Me too, but Webber would have a big decision on his hands if someone offered £1m or more. We have Zimmermann, Hanley and Godfrey who in my opinion are all bloomin good at this level. Add to that Raggett to return and I think the biggest risk of selling Klose is in the dressing room not as a player in the XI. The reality is that if he won't sign a new contract or even makes noises to the effect that he would if we got promotion (As a free agent, I bet he would still demand a big contract or hefty signing on, one way or another it's hard to see him being a CIty player next season) then Webber will have to consider any offers. As for Lewis or Arrons, we are a selling club and all offers will be considered. But with those new contracts and them both getting game time in a possible promotion challenge its hard to see them leaving. But another 8 figure carrot might prise one away. If it were Arrons, we have so much cover it would be super tempting to cash in and might even facilitate strengthening of our promotion push. Webber is a canny operator and I would trust him to make the right decisions.
    I would add that that is in no way me saying I want us to cash in on Arrons, just he has probably the highest sale value and is the position with the most cover. Would any of us think it would be Husband bad at RB if any of: Pinto, Passlock or Marshall were playing. All good or potentially good Championship operators who can play there.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.