1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsForTheWin, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St.Jerome

St.Jerome Active Member

Summer Wishlist:

1. Wenger to replace Reed
    2. Some players who can kick a ball a bit.

2. 6-3

6-3 Active Member

If we're thinking about raiding Stoke, how about Shawcross? A committed, experienced, no-nonsense CB for our youngsters to learn alongside. Not sure how his relationship with Hughes is?

saintkitch likes this.
  3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

In the first half, nearly every time Nathan got the ball, he either lost it or gave it away. That’s not really a good outlet. I like players who work hard, but that doesn’t mean they were good, or not poor.

4. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

So, if you were going to smash it all down and rebuild it all back up, who would you really want to keep?

There are only a few players who are now indispensable.

5. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

McCarthy, Bertrand, PEH, lemina, Romeu, jwp, tadic, Austin are the only players I’d be desperate to keep.
    I’m convinced a midfield 3 of OR/PEH/Lemina under a good manager, with a decent defence behind them is a quality midfield.

VocalMinority likes this.
  6. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

I did write out a list and it was almost the same as yours. However, I don't think I would cry if Bertrand or Austin left this year.

7. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Yes definitely, for the right price.

8. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Austin is into his last two years now, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he moved on.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  9. Saintalona

Saintalona Well-Known Member

If we sold Bertrand, does any one think Simms could converted to a left wing back?

10. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Why? We have Targett and McQueen.

11. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

Presume we'd still be after Promes. Whether we can get that one over the line this time, who knows.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I’d add Gabbi to that list, and I presume you’d forgotten about Yoshi and Jan?

OddRiverOakWizards and fatletiss like this.
  13. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

We can’t get rid of Yoshi. My man love is growing :emoticon-0152-heart

Dohnut likes this.
  14. Solent_Saint

Solent_Saint Member

I'd like to see us get hold of Mohamed Elyounoussi and Saman Ghoddos who we had apparent interest in January to buy/keeping tabs on. Put Promes in too and that's our forward positions sorted. Defenders I rate Schindler from Huddersfield and wouldn't mind one of Mawson/Evans/C.Dawson either. It will be a big summer window that we must get right. I think the first signing (if MH stays) will be telling to see if it's a MH kind of singing or a club signing. i.e steady PL player or up and coming player with potential.

15. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

Still prefer our model over buying "proven" PL players, though.

16. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

When you can’t score, can’t pass, can’t hold the ball, and can’t tackle... well that’s going to leave the rest of the team playing defensive football, isn’t it?

I kept faith in Redmond for so long, man. I was like, oh we have a bad manager...oh, we have another bad manager...oh, he’s just in the wrong role. But honestly, he’s stunk it up bad for two years now.

Because I’m a sucker, I still think maybe he can turn it around. But it’ll be up to him and not managerial tactics. He has no one to blame for his performances but himself and he was given plenty of rope. I am not a big fan of Boufal, but he played better than Redmond overall and should have been given more chances.

And now I’m going to say something which pains me greatly to say and will almost certainly cause me a ton of static but... JWP sucked bad this year, too. He looked to be coming on end of last season but he gave it all back this year and then some. I don’t think he’s gonna cut it as a starter. If it were me, I would find a way to fit all Lemina, Hojbjerg, and Romeu in the same lineup...probably by giving Lemina JWP’s spot.

17. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

McCarthy, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Lemina, Romeu. That’s it.

I do not regard the following players as indenspensible at all but see no reason to get rid of them as they can generally do the job and we already have too many ****ty guys to replace: FF (could still get it back, good backup if not), Austin (like him, but injured too often), Tadic. Yoshida and Cedric but hopefully they are reduced to part time status.

Borderline: Stephens

Everyone else we should try to replace if possible but we obviously won’t be able to replace them all. I’m counting Sims and Bednerak as youth players so they are not included.

So we need 1-2 CB, 1-2 strikers, 2 wingers, an AMC or MC that are better than what we have currently starting. Tall order. 2 decent attackers and one really good CB is the minimum I think we could possibly get by on. Then hope for no bad injuries and someone from the youth ranks steps up.

18. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Jan shouldn't go anywhere. My feeling with Maya is that we should do whatever Maya wants; he has earned that. If he wants to be somewhere where his place in the matchday squad is guaranteed, we should shake his hand, thank him profusely for his tenure and professionalism, and let him go without an ill word.

19. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Umm. JWP was good this year. Are you sure you’ve not been watching last season?! He was one of the only few bright points for me. Then he got moved back to the bench.

20. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I think a few people were surprised when Maya got his last contract extension....I know I was...liked the guy, but we were swimming in CBs and I thought he'd be gone. But he's a real professional and all round nice guy....a team needs players like him. Won't complain and steps up when needed....not at the top of the game, but genuinely whole hearted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.