1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Evey goal just adds another 10k to his weekly wage.

Cant argue the guy deserves top dollar from our team. It’s just if we can afford to give him what he wants without the risk of his form dropping off a cliff in the next 2/3 years and is paying him 300k a week and unable to get him off the books. Just have to look at aubamayang

2. moreinjuredthanowen

true that.

we can just sit and say no to all offer and let him keep playing well. he will be 31 leaving if he wants his free so what can we do if he doesn't was 300k per week and wants 500k.

its 36mil of a bargain spend for masses of goals and results and revenue.

last thing we need is a sanchez/auba/di maria/ronaldo mess ;)

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

All logic and sense went out the window when the club decided to give Hendo a big new contract until he's 35 when it's clear to see his legs are gone and is regressing.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

To think Salah's score went down by 1 on FIFA 22. <doh> <laugh>

5. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Im sure the club have far more info on Hendo s fitness than us judging in games tbh so silly to say his legs have gone especially as wasn’t being said last season and he’s only a few months older. Don’t lose your ability to run in space of a month.

organic red likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

ERMMMM you are telling jimmy to not lose faith in Henderson?

Nozzer likes this.
  7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Hendo was very good in 19/20 but average last season and even worse this season. His injury record is quite poor over the past 6 seasons.

Speaking objectively - we gave an injury prone player a new 4 year deal on mega wages until he's 35 , and he has a record of missing a lot of games in recent history. This is simply not smart business from us. His existing deal was until 33 - there was no need to extend his deal in such a rush

8. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Not sure where you’re getting his poor injury record from.

Last season started 20 games in prem. had 3 separate games where not in the squad and then had 12 games out in a row because of surgery.

Season before. Involved in 31 games, missed 3 in a row for hamstring and 4 end of season with knee injury.

For comparison Thiago who is similar age on bigger contract.

missed 3 games already this season. Missed 12 games in prem last season through injury.

Not a dissimilar record that.

Fabinho missed 8 games last year over 3 periods from hamstring injury and 2 separate muscle injuries.

Bumps likes this.
  9. Jimmy Squarefoot

He missed around 15 games last season.
    Missed around 10 games the season before
    Wasn't too bad for the two seasons prior although missed around 7 games a piece
    And season before is where he had a bad foot injury which was caused him to miss > 10 games

The issue is that can we really see his injury record improving? This is where I'm coming from because I can only see this worsening - however if we manage him correctly i.e. 1 game a week, it may help to prolong his career.

And you're right about Thiago - it's a strange signing because it goes against what we all thought i.e. he's not young, he's not a physical specimen and he's injury prone. But I suppose you make exceptions for world class players?

And you're right about Fabinho - the whole midfield is a concern for me because now that we're without Gini, we really dont have someone who is physically reliable (but that's a totally different argument).

10. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Just not sure you can say Hendo is injury prone tbh. He’s not more or less prone to injuries than the rest. Admittedly Thiago was out for a while with impact injury but then picked up niggles from that before going on long uninterrupted spell on second half of season.

But I think you look at a lot of midfielders and they do pick up injuries. They cover most ground, they’re involved in a lot of battles. Kdb has missed a lot of football last few years, woukdnt call him injury prone and not give him a new contract (now I’m not saying Hendo is as good ability wise, just comparisons on injuries).

I think Gini was very much the exception to the rule as he rarely got injured. But the rest, Hendo fan Thiago have spells out, ox, Keita even more.

Sure if you went through all the top teams you’d find quite a few midfielders missing 5-10 games a season through injury

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

He misses almost a third of each season. That's quite significant for someone who is one our top earners?

You're comparing Hendo to Thiago and KDB - players who both have pick up knocks quite frequently thus proving my point. It's like saying Hendo has less injuries than Naby Keita so therefore he's robust and not injury prone. All of our midfielders, pick up numerous knocks throughout the season however none are on £200k a week until they're 35.

Anyways - we're digressing. Point is, give Salah what he wants!

12. moreinjuredthanowen

ahem.. neither is henderson. actually you've missed that he is on 140k a wek and thaigo is actually on 200k a week and also injury prone.

13. Jimmy Squarefoot

What is he on now? It was reported that he received a pay increase along with extended deal?

Please confirm ...

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Cash in on him whilst his value is high...

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

If we want to follow the FSG model to a tee, then that's what we should be doing (and we should have done it to Mane and Bobby before their 'declines') ...

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I expected it to happen before now but the pandemic shat all over those plans...

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  17. Jimmy Squarefoot

True.

So what do we do now? ...

18. saintKlopp

Wait and see?

Bumps and Zanjinho like this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We can scrutinise away but it all amounts to guessing in the end, maybe educated guessing but guessing all the same. All we ever really do is wait and see.

saintKlopp likes this.
  20. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Salah has longevity to his career. He has quick feet and close ball control and strength much like Suarez and Messi, not that I think he is as good as either in their prime.

He is pacey out the blocks, but I wouldn't say he is fast, a lot of fast full backs will out run him, so I don't see a loss of pace being a factor.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.