1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by jeffranger, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

Strikers are the priority in my book, harder to find, harder to acquire and they are the ones that will ultimately get you out of this division. Then find the suppliers and the wing backs or even give the headless horseman Kakay a chance lol

2. Hammersmith bookie

I'm not too upset by his departure. Yes he's been a stalwart for the last couple of years but I believe we can find better. Masterson is almost certainly gonna be given a chance this season , if we keep Dunne and Dickie I'd expect us to try and get 1 more experienced centre half in depending on the formation. Hector has been released by Fulham and could do a decent job although Beale to have his own targets.

3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Barbet is a big loss, and that is a big mistake imo. The Club should have sorted out another couple of years for him months ago. Can"t believe he would have cost that much. A consistently good player who was nearly always available, a leader too. Good luck TheWarrior!

Rodney likes this.
  4. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Barbet has generally been very good for us. I wish him well.
    No point worrying about it, if he wanted to go, then let's move on.

Didley Squat and SW Ranger like this.
  5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It doesn't get much clearer in English!

It has been about a year since the British Queens Park Rangers became known to be fishing for the services of George Cox . The British left-back is said to have been interested in a move to London, but if both clubs do not agree, the daydreaming will soon be over. In doing so , QPR shifted its interest to another player .

Now, a year later, 'The Rangers' have reported to Sjoerd Ars again . While a bid of £500,000 was put on the table by the Londoners last year, the amount of the current bid is unknown. But since Cox's contract expires after next season, Fortuna will be willing to sell her left-back.

Hammersmith bookie likes this.
  6. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Barbet is a big loss but I always liked Masterson when I saw him play

7. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I hear what youre saying but we dont actually have a left back apart from the loaned out Hamamamamamamamalien

rangercol and QPR Oslo like this.
  8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Hectors wages might be a stumbling block, as with most released players. Would take him in a heartbeat though

9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Agree nothing we can do about it, thing is he wanted to stay, this was a decision made by certain board members. Not a good start to our dealings this summer.

10. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

QPR999 likes this.

11. Hammersmith bookie

Don't worry pal we're gonna get the Villa wonderkid . We don't actually have any strikers if Dykes is gonna be eternally injured and even if he isn't he won't get us out of this division !

bobmid likes this.
  12. Hammersmith bookie

And please don't say Bonne ! Perhaps Armstrong will be given his head at some stage this season !

13. Hammersmith bookie

He was offered a new deal but declined it ! Way it goes, like I said I'm hopeful we can get better. I'm sure if Beale was desperate for him to stay then something could have been ironed out.

14. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Barbet is a known quantity and incredibly suited to the style and vigour of the Championship. I don't believe we will be able to replace him like-for-like so it's a very poor start to our transfer window to have let him go. I'm now really worried about our ambition if we can't keep such a stalwart to build around. We will never know of course, but my only hope towards believing the club got this right is that his wage demands were outlandish and significantly broke the salary structure (probably based on the money thrown at Austin last summer).

QPR Oslo, SW Ranger and kiwiqpr like this.
  15. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I'm less worried about Barbet going. He was really good in a back 3. He wasn't so good in a back two. The Brentford fans used to say the same about him.

The new coach seems to prefer a back 4.

No point making Barbet one of our best paid players and then having him not play because he doesn't suit the system.

He's been a great servant and played through multiple injuries. Deserves a lot of respect and credit. That doesn't make it the right call to keep him.

16. rangercol

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

bobmid likes this.
  17. rangercol

I thought he wanted to leave, to return to France with his young family?

18. QPR Oslo

He says himself he would love to have stayed at the Club, but couldnt reach an agreement. So he has to move on!

Maybe we'll get a pre-season trip to the Bordeaux wineries next summer!

19. QPR Oslo

He played more than well enough in a back 2 imo, though I agree he was more suited to a 3. Doubt Barbet demanded to be one our best paid either but we don't know about that. I'd have preferred that we had kept Barbet, and, a big If of course, got a really good wedge for Dickie from a PL Club rumoured before to be interested in him. Then we could still have had for example if we play with a 2, Dunne and Barbet as our starting CB's with Jordi and Masterson in reserve, plus Cash to spend on the new Back and/ or a lower league striker with good potential, positions we look to have a greater need to fill. With Barbet, I'd have thought Dickie is the best saleable asset we could sell without missing too much if we are going with a two. Without Barbet, we are less likely to sell Dickie but the chances that we sell Dieng, Chair or Willock probably increase. I hope we can hold onto them for at least another season, especially Willock and Dieng.

20. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Barbet joined us as a free agent, and free agents can demand bigger wages because the club doesn't have to pay a transfer fee. Guess we just don't see eye to eye on how he played in a back 2, which is fine. I thought he was sub-par, and was very prone to defenders getting in behind him and then him doing something stupid - hence the number of pens he gave away. There's a reason Warbs switched from his favoured back 4 formation - we didn't have the players to make it work. That's not limited to Barbet, but he was part of the problem.

sb_73 and rangercol like this.