1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

I see Damsgaard as a massive risk. Loads of potential no question but he is miles from the finished product and for a player with his skill he doesn't score or assist nearly enough. By contrast Eriksen at his age was pissing all over his numbers in the Eredivise.

Wouldn't be the first time a player has been hyped up due to a good tournament showing.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Funny how nobody thought of bringing this up yesterday...

3. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

So he's in Florida instead of returning to the UK and returning to work? This is not excusable if he had no agreement from his employer not to return to work and extend his leave.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Alasdair Gold's been saying for a few weeks that the club plan to go into the season with Vlahovic and Kane, not Vlahovic or Kane - in other words, perfect considering his idiot brother has done such a cack-handed job this summer that there's a 50/50 chance of Harry Kane signing a lifetime contract with us

In terms of Damsgaard, as I've said since we were first linked with him a good six months ago my biggest problem is we could've signed him for chicken feed last year as Sampdoria paid €6.7m for him, but this summer we'd be expected to pay at least four times that - which leads me onto my usual spiel about why we continually overlook certain leagues such as the Danish and Belgian leagues as there's some raw talent there that can be picked up for next to nothing yet we only ever seem to register an interest once they've already moved to Ligue 1/Serie A/La Liga etc

Oh, and it only makes sense to sign him if we're moving on Bergwijn

5. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

I usually agree with Neville, but this is an example of weasel like behaviour.

He threw the damn rocks and now he's hiding his hands a little bit.

"Something must be wrong behind the scenes…."

Yeah you prick! YOU, and the likes of you, pushing him to move for aMbIsHuN and talking down Spurs the whole bloody time, every opportunity you get.

Remember when Sterling was leaving Liverpool for City, they did the exact opposite. Asking him "Why leave Liverpool?", suggesting he was being greedy and moving solely for money, when he was saying that he wanted to win things.

When Poch was in place and we were up, Neville was sweating trying to get Man United to get Poch in for fear of Tottenham taking their place in the top of the table regulars, and praising Tottenham on how well Levy was running the club in comparison to Man U, but now it's "they haven't challenged in years.", yeah?

<laugh> P%^s Off!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  6. humanbeingincroydon

"One of the big boys did it" - Gary Neville, 2021

7. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Surely the club would have released a statement by now if it was all nonsense and ‘fake news’

8. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

The media see Spurs as potential party poopers, we are the club most likely to spoil their top 4 party. They realize that the 2 doped clubs are nailed on for the top 4, which leaves just 2 places up for grabs, obviously they are desperate for their 2 darling clubs from the Northwest to take those places and can`t have Spurs gate crashing their little cartel.

Hence this is part of the reason why the media are so desperate for Harry Kane to leave Spurs, they know it will weaken Spurs and increase the chances of taking us out of the top 4 equation, leaving the door open for their darling clubs.

Nevile is a complete mug, I can`t stand the bloke, like many other morons currently infesting the media, he talks Spurs down at every opportunity and will openly try to unsettle us on live TV. Remember when we were flying under Poch, and he suggested Penited should take him to Old Toilet, and the subsequent shiete storm and rumours that followed, he knows exactly what he is doing and uses his position as a leading media pundit to try and disrupt or influence.

9. humanbeingincroydon

I've noticed that, since yesterday, there's a whole bunch of Mansourites flooding any r/coys thread about Kane with the sort of "He's ours" ****e that we were used to from their noisy neighbours 10-20 years ago, which have all been ratio'd into oblivion but it really underlines the obnoxious mindset that their fans have developed in the last dozen years

Anyone else trying to work out a chant involving hydrogen fuel cell technology?

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Classy post by Hart, genuinely seems a top guy.

11. KingHotspur

Who would have thought Joe Hart would end up more popular with Spurs fans than Harry Kane

12. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

Never liked the guy previously but he seems like a top bloke. A good team player.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

What happened to the " we can get Sabitzer for £15 million ? Or do we only buy from the Spanish or Italian leagues now

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

Job done?

15. Citizen Kane.

Quite a few whispers this evening that Ben Davies could be on his way out.

I'd be very surprised if that's the case. He's a solid if unremarkable player who's a top professional and comfortable in a back 3 or 4. He's way down the 'ditch list' as far as I'm concerned, after Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Sanchez, Winks and Dele.

Roo, Lovearsenalcock and Dier Hard like this.
  16. Citizen Kane.

I think the only reason we're seemingly not in the market for another CM is the expectation that Tanguy and Lo Celso will be staying and Nuno will have to find a way to make them work.

17. humanbeingincroydon

If we're going to use a midfield three going forward we still need depth there, especially since I'm pretty sure the number of games where Lo Celso and Ndombele have been available is still in single digits

Also it'd serve as a kick up the backside to both knowing Sabitzer's there to take their place in the team, as Lo Celso has been useful knitting things together in the middle but he needs to regain his edge in the final third, while Ndombele needs to control games from midfield rather than be the physical embodiment of somebody playing PES

18. KingHotspur

Very limited player but good attitude and yeah definitely not as keen to see the back of him as the six above you’ve listed

19. KingHotspur

Surprised nobody has gone in for him tbh.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  20. Citizen Kane.

I'd love to see him at the club but as of this evening, we have 7 (SEVEN) CMs in our senior squad:
    Lo Celso
    Tanguy
    Hojbjerg
    Skipp
    Winks
    Sissoko
    Dele

I cannot see us adding another unless we shift at least 2 of them first. Sadly, Winks looks determined to stay while there has been no solid interest in any of the others we'd consider selling.