1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I actually said similar to a mate earlier on by text, in that if he features in Belgium's games but doesn't feature against Chelsea, that could be a strong indication about his future.

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

got slaghtered for this on the gooner board but I still have no idea what difference it makes.

he has been a professional footballer in the premier league for 5 years so far and if he averaged £50,000 per week meaning he had earned £13m

He now gets paid £120,000 per week for 4 years so will earn £25m in total.
    That would mean that between the ages of 24 and 34 he will get a total of £38m BEFORE bonuses, sponsorship deals and advertising deals are taken into account.
    Even a conservative estimate of this would add up to a million a year making a total of £48m.
    Then there are signing on fees and previous wages plus tv and interview earnings. This would take it into the £50m plus Mark.

If he gets £170,000 per week over 4 years he gets £10m more...would he seriously even notice it?

A £50k PER YEAR wage rise for most would dramatically improve anyone'
    kid and that of their family.

But £50m would set up yourself, your extended family, your children and grand children for life...so seriously ... why do they demand so much?

3. <laugh>

But I agree 100% with your sentiments :emoticon-0148-yes:

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Greedy? The only thing which I can understand when players are wanting big contracts is if they have projects on the go for the less fortunate in this world and therefore try to get more money out of football clubs in order to fund it. Since the big football clubs have a heap of money they waste on other useless things(crap players etc) anyway.

5. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

There are some very reliable sources now saying that the 170k figure is accurate.

Do we have a point of reference for this situation? It is unusual to the extreme for Levy to allow a player to get within 18-12 months of their contract expiring.

No point comparing to Walker as he was at the beginning of a new 5 year deal and I am convinced in his case that the main motive in leaving was trophies. It just so happens to be that a delicious by-product of that motive is that he now earns twice as much as he did here. But we have zero evidence that he was motivated by money.

I think Toby is deliberately shifting the blame onto Levy's desk by demanding a sum that all things considered ISN'T insanely unreasonable to expect but one that he knows damn well the club cannot afford to agree to. The keyboard warriors who never got past key stage 1 maths come out in force, joined by numerous armchair warriors (pundits) who know less about the financial intricacies of a football club than we do. And Toby emerges the saintly victim, Levy - the man about to deliver an £800m stadium - the stubborn sinner.

His injury problems this year are reason enough to cash in now. This is his 3rd hamstring problem in as many years and they appear to be getting worse sooner than better. The last thing we need is to be stuck with a Rose mk II who doesn't want to play for the team but we can't shift for love or money because he has sustained one injury (and 100 pies) too many.

6. remembercolinlee

If walker was only interested in trophies he would NOT have told the club he wanted out 6 weeks before the end of last season while we were awaiting a fa cup semi final and had an outside chance of catching Chelsea. He would have waited until we had no chance of winning a trophy imo.

7. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Google translate (hack to English) ... processing ... done.

Real opted for the Poland international after realising
    that Tottenham striker Harry Kane is a triffic kid, not
    an egotistical moron or cliquey c**t, which would make
    it hard for him to adapt to life at the Bernabeu.

8. The RDBD

Prepare yourself for an Adebayor
    apologist beating ...

9. remembercolinlee

That is something that Adebayor actually did well...credit where it is due
    Think Drogba did something similar too

10. The RDBD

His problem is, as it also is for the DOF, that
    his long absence this season has not impacted
    on the defence strength of the team

Contrast with Kane, without whom the GF /
    wins / pts total would be a lot worse off,

The guy may be worthy of more wages where
    possible, but he is not top of the worthy list.

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Reports in the Austrian paper Salzburger Nachrichten (which, contrary to what it sounds like, has nothing to do with events that transpired between 1933-45) is claiming that we're interested signing two of Taurine FC Salzburg's players, the already-reported Amadou Haidara as well as striker Dimitri Oberlin, who is currently on loan at Basel.

Considering the obvious detail that Basel have a clause in the loan deal to make his loan permanent, I'm going to assume there's a whiff of Schwachsinn to this one...

12. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Ridiculous calculation.
    You haven't figured in income tax!!

13. humanbeingincroydon

...so, yeah, wrong thread.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  14. remembercolinlee

I honestly do not know if you are really calling me a financial dumbass or I am not seeing the irony ... in which case you will think I am a dumbass...so...we have now established that I am a dumbass...

15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe this?

16. humanbeingincroydon

Marca are reporting that we're after Mallorca right back Joan Sastre, who amazingly has a Wikipedia and Transfermarkt page in spite of Mallorca being in Spain's third tier, which will please Danny Rose no end...

17. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

It's the lifestyle they lead and want to continue to have for themselves and their children for the rest of their lives.
    The days of being happy to get a pub tenancy when you retire from football have long gone.

18. humanbeingincroydon

Left Back Watch
    Because the bloggers suddenly remembered there's on role in the team where we haven't been linked with any departures or arrivals for a couple of weeks, there's suggestions that we could do worse than sign PSG left back Layvin Kurzawa this summer.

While on paper this makes a lot of sense, as he offers the pace from deep on the left that Danny Rose used to have while also having a pretty accurate cross on him, it does need pointing out that he's been in and out of the side for the past couple of seasons with all manner of thigh, knee and hamstring problems (indeed, his injury history does not make pretty reading) so it's not like he'll be guaranteed to tear Premier League defences a new one down the flank if he's on the treatment table every three months - and his wages are another obvious sticking point, given he's on £100k a week

If there was a way to have a straight swap with Rose going one way and Kurzawa the other there's the possibility it could work, but we'd also have to pitch a wage cut of (probably) £30k a week along with making it clear he'd be rotating with Ben Davies and not the other way 'round.

19. remembercolinlee

a career earning of £50m would provide for you and your kids and grandkids for life.

Take Jack Whilshere. Apparently on £120,000 per week and has been for 5 years. So that makes £31.2m.

He made his debut in 2008 and spent 2009 at Bolton. If you imagine he was on £5,000 per week for the first 2 years That would make a total of £0.5m.

from 2010 until 2013 (when he signed his l
    st contract) imagine he was on £30,000 per week. That makes up to of £4.6m

These figures are VERY conservative as I do not want to exaggerate his earnings but That makes a total of £36m until June 2018.

This does not take into account signing on fees, bonuses, image rights, sponsorship deals and assorted media fees.
    Even if these came in at £1m per year since he signed his latest deal (again, a very low estimate) that means at the age of just under 27 years old he has earned over £41m yet he is not prepared to accept £80,000 per week basic for 4 years making a total of £16.6m plus addition bonuses for number of games played etc cos he wants more. Even without bonuses etc that contract eould take his earnings by the age of 30 up to nearly £60m. Like he and his kids can't live on that for the rest of their lives.

like I said ... I just do not get it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  20. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Some bellend hack working for the Telegraph has claimed we are poised to trigger Jonny Evans' release clause (which is apparently only £3m) as soon as the season ends.

This claim has sent much of our Twitter community into meltdown.

But £3m for an experienced back up to Dave? I wouldn't say no tbh.