1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

And a ref who isn't taking any **** from anyone

Dier Hard likes this.
  2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

2-2 Is it just me being old or is holding a ridiculously high line from free kicks a bit ****?

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

It’s weird to say the least.

Fun game to watch though, end to end, strong tackles, amazing atmosphere and four goals. Looking forward to the second leg.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Is this a subtle yet ice cold hint that GKN's not going to be around much longer?

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

For me...someone who occupies a CM spot must offer some form of attacking threat regardless of whether they are technically known as RM, LM or CDM. He must also have the ability to understand defensive responsibilities.

There's a reason why they occupy the middle of the pitch

KingHotspur likes this.
  6. humanbeingincroydon

Looks like we found an heir to Dave Mackay...

please log in to view this image

7. humanbeingincroydon

Random Striker Watch
    El Pais are reporting we're considering a January move for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez as the latest in a long line of Harry Kane understudies

Pros
    * Decent goal return (six goals and four assists in ten games this season, 18 goals and 5 assists in 36 games last season)
    * Fits the big, brawny striker mold Poch expects from the bench, combining Llorente's size and Janssen's ability to hold up the ball
    * Plays more as a poacher, which is both a good option from the bench and a better fit than a target man like Llorente
    * Has a much better first touch than Janssen
    * Has one hell of a workrate on and off the ball

Cons
    * He's first choice for Celta and has broken into the Uruguay squad in the last year, so would want regular football
    * Unlikely to move in January unless we activate his €40m release clause

There's also the irritation that comes with the fact that Celta were able to sign him for just €4m a little over a year ago, which is a fraction of what we paid for Llorente...

8. humanbeingincroydon

Dembele is already halfway to China then...

9. humanbeingincroydon

Dembele Replacement Watch
    CalcioMercato are reporting that we're considering a January move for Cagliara midfielder Nicolo Barella, who certainly seems to be a like-for-like replacement as he shares Peak Moose's ability to glide through defenders with the ball it his feet, coupled with him being able to ping through balls to teammates as well as being politely referred to as "tenacious" when the opponents have the ball, although given he's 5'7" and plays in Italy "small and vicious" could be equally valid. Best of all, this link doesn't appear to be an agent trying to get a new contract...because he signed a four-year contract back in January.

De Ligt Watch
    It appears that, with numerous clubs around Europe keeping tabs on him, he's only gone and got himself a new agent: Mino "****" Raiola. So...Benjamin Pavard?

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

He appears to have lost a foot <yikes>

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's one way to get rid of an ankle injury. No ankle, no injury. <ok>

Dier Hard and remembercolinlee like this.
  12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I bought Barella on one of my FM saves. Turned out a good signing.

Looks a classy player though from the little I've seen, would suit what we're asking for with regards to a forward thinking CM with good skill and creativity.

13. humanbeingincroydon

If we signed Barella and Barrios in January, people may have to speak very carefully when requesting a name for the back of their shirt

Dier Hard likes this.
  14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

“I have my agent to take care of it so I can play football. Then we see where it ends,” he told Danish outlet BT (via Standard Sport).

“There have been talks with Tottenham many times. I cannot say if it’s over just yet – you must ask them.”

Eriksen on talk of a new contract. That sound positive or negative to you lot?

When he says he can't say if it's over or not, does that imply he feels it may be nearly sorted or that talks are over? I can't quite tell.

15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It looks like he's taking the piss, according to the translation of BT's website:
    https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/eriksen-j...g-har-ikke-foelt-at-de-vil-smide-mig-ud-endnu

He's got a very dry sense of humour in English, so it's probably even more so in his native tongue.
    I think he's just letting his agent get on with it and not thinking about it, especially during an international break.

Dier Hard likes this.
  16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I've noticed his humour before in other interviews.
    "I have not felt that they will throw me out yet" <laugh>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Eurosport claiming that "Euro papers" are saying we'll beat Barca to the signing of Frenkie de Jong.

If ever a rumour was to be true...

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

RCL calls bullshit on this report :bandit:

19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

DH also does... although he just wishes it were true!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  20. humanbeingincroydon

How Dare Bournemouth Do Well Watch
    According to Sky Sports we're considering that Bournemouth should be rewarded for their good form by helping ourselves to a large chunk of their starting xi, with Nathan Ake, Callum Wilson, David Brooks and Lewis Cook all being identified as potential targets

Brooks was linked with us throughout the latter half of last season before signing for Bournemouth in the summer, Cook was linked with us late in the summer transfer window, Wilson's been linked with us on and off since Poch took over, and Ake was linked with us prior to making his loan to Bournemouth permanent - and that's where the problems with these reports begin.

When we were first linked to WIlson it was suggested he'd be backup to Harry Kane, and even then Bournemouth said we'd need to pay at least £24m if we wanted him. Now with him getting an England cap, on top of signing a new contract in June, not only would we need to pay £40m+ for him he probably won't want to be second choice up front for obvious reasons

Similar can be said for Cook, as he signed a new contract in May (shortly after making his England debut) so he'd set us back £30m+

Brooks signed for £11.5m in the summer, which not only means that we could've signed him for that amount, but instantly means we'd be paying a minimum of £30m for him - and we can guess how the Levy Out mob will respond to that...

When it comes to Ake it's long been rumoured the Chavs inserted a buy-back clause in the deal that took him to Bournemouth, so if we showed any interest it wouldn't surprise anyone if they had to be Chelsea about the whole thing and spirit him away to not play football on a regular basis for another couple of seasons

More than anything else, though, seeing how members of The Usual Suspects stripmined Villa and Southampton over the years to leave them up a certain creek without a certain implement, I really don't like the thought of us doing the same to Bournemouth. Instead we should stripmine Expensive Stoke...

Dembele Replacement Watch
    Sky Sports have also been copy/pasting this thread as they're reporting we're considering a January move for one of the following: Tanguay NDombele, Abdoulaye Doucoure or Amadou Haidara - so one player we are known to have made a summer bid for, and two we've had linked with us since the latter stages of last season.