1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'm okay with that, has some desirable qualities but in terms of talent/ ability I think there's a fair few better.

KingHotspur likes this.
  2. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

He’s worked with their manager before and they can offer CL football so good move for him if true

3. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

I just hope the club don’t do their usual and go for one player and then not have a plan b or c if the signing doesn’t come off

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Hojbjerg certainly strikes me as someone who could do a job when dropped into our midfield - especially since there's nobody else who can really do the job of chasing down balls and just being a pain in the ass for opposition players trying to get forward. While he isn't a headline-grabbing DM like a Kante, Ndidi or Zakaria, it has to be said that Scott Parker wasn't a headline-grabbing signing either - but our midfield was so much more balanced once he was dropped into it
    He'd be linking up with Dusan Tadic again if it went through, too

5. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

Eze and Watkins should have been signed a couple of seasons back for what would have been peanuts mate .maybe we should be spurs lower league scouts ,arrons eze Watkins maddison were all players we both though could do a job for us ,it makes me wonder if our scouts actually go and watch lower league football. I'd rather take a chance on these kind of players than signing duds from the French league

Dier Hard and The Changing Man like this.
  6. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

Another one to watch out for is luke woolfenden a central defender who looks very promising he is currently playing for Ipswich

The Changing Man likes this.
  7. humanbeingincroydon

We certainly have a pretty bad record of passing on lower league talent we're linked with

James Maddison: joined Norwich for £2.25m, later joined Leicester for £20m and is valued at at least three times that
    Harry Maguire: joined Leicester for £12m, later joined Man Utd for £80m
    Andrew Robinson: joined Saltypool for £8m
    David Brooks: joined Bournemouth for £11.5m

While at the time reasons for passing could be used, for example at the time Danny Rose was at the peak of his abilities so Robinson didn't seem like an essential get while both Eriksen and Dele were firing on all cylinders so Maddison didn't seem so essential, but hindsight has been kicking the crap out of us on that one

...but not the Twitter morons who say us not paying £2.25m for Maddison proves Levy is a cheapskate, which demonstrates how the Lunatic Fringe's arguments are already resorting to cannibalism

Stokenchurch yid likes this.
  8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Parker was actually quite a big signing (not fee-wise), he'd just won the FWA POTY and was on the PFA shortlist too after a great season. His only downside was that we signed him at 30. I don't personally view Hojbjerg as being on that same level, he can 'do a job' as you've said but to me it feels like we'd be signing a squad player to fill in at a starting XI spot. I think I'd rather we gave Skipp a prolonged chance rather than bring in Hojbjerg for a fee.

Partey/ Zakaria on the other hand...

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We probably wouldn't do much worse mate!

Might have to drop them an email and tell them my credentials <laugh>

10. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

Were we linked to Jensen Weir of Wigan? Remember reading we had an interest, he's just signed for Brighton

11. humanbeingincroydon

Lille Bring & Buy Sale Watch
    As it's been almost four days since we were last linked with a Lille player, we're now being linked with their attacking midfielder Jonathan Ikone, who with three goals and six assists this season is currently more of a threat to opponents than the entire team we fielded last night

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Ozan Kabak’s name has popped up due to a Turkish journalist, Mehmet Demirkol, claiming he’s on his way to us.

Looks a really good CB in the making but he only joined Schalke at the start of this season so doubt he’s gonna be cheap. I’d take it with a pinch of salt for the time being.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ollie Watkins scores again for Brentford. £18m release clause, allegedly...

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

It's just too smart of a deal for us to pursue... :(

Benrahma's bagged one too. Brentford's BMW are lighting up the division. Championship's version of the MSN or BBC. If Brentford don't come up, I think Watkins and Benrahma will definitely be snapped up, Mbuemo might stick around seeing as he only joined this season.

EDIT: Make that two for Benrahma now.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Posted in the rival thread too but this was his second, he's basically the right footed version of his countryman, Mahrez.

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

we are loaded in that position so I can’t see it happening.

sell Moura?

Sounds like a top player...Can he pass and cross and do the basics or is he always head down too? Not seen him play much but he’s always turning in the performances from what I hear

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd happily bin Moura and Lamela. Though I think Chelsea will get him, they've been linked for a while.

Managed 9 assists to go along with those 16 goals so I reckon he's got a bit of team ethic about him as well. Set piece taker too.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

So he'll be our new RB then

...probably still a better option that Aurier, TBH

Dier Hard likes this.
  19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

cheap as chips too and just what we need...it’s so possible

Therefore

Won’t be happening.

Dier Hard likes this.
  20. humanbeingincroydon

Exodus Watch
    Bullshit merchants The Athletic have demanded you pay £10 to read their patently made-up bullshit reported that Danny Rose's relationship with the ubermensch has improved, but his relationship with Daniel Levy has not - which is why he is off to Newcastle this summer

So here's the thing: Danny Rose should have been jettisoned by the summer of 2018 at the absolute latest, and that has nothing whatsoever to do with Levy - but of course, The Athletic have people paying for their clickbait so of course they have to try and force than angle in there

And as I have said before, you can trace Poch losing his grip on the team to the point where Rose wasn't moved on: before that, any player who questioned Poch or his methods was soon Unpersoned until they were booted out the door at the earliest opportunity - which is exactly what happened with Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue, Bentaleb and Townsend - yet Rose mouthed off and, while he had a stay of execution due to being injured at the time, the fact he was at the club a year later while being half as fast and twice as wide was the butterfly flapping its wings in Hong Kong that undermined Poch but the ramifications didn't begin to manifest until 12-18 months later

It does have to be said that Poch's closeness to his team, especially the team of 2015-17, did cause things to unravel. After all, imagine if in the summer of 2018 we sold Rose and signed Ben Chilwell - who was letting his contract with Leicester tick down into its final year and he didn't extend his contract until that October, so it's a feasible scenario - would anyone genuinely think the team wouldn't have been future-proofed until at least the 2022-23 season by doing this?